Second

Beautiful Flower Withers Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2. she just realized that too much exposure may burn her delicate skin

 

 

The first time I met Sungyeol, I was reminded of a bright sun in the midst of warm summer. You know, the moment when you see that clear sky and you can’t help but to stretch out your hand to feel the imaginary traces of blue and devour sunshine’s warmth on your skin completely. I thought he was a nice guy but a temporary friend. And yet, I couldn’t run far as I found myself adhered to his side. I long for his presence when my day’s dull or everything’s become hard for me to endure. I grew affectionate of his company over the years of our friendship. Well, that’s all he thought we were.

 

            As I walked, I looked up at the clear welkin flourished with gray clouds that pooled like cotton wools. It was given that I was reminded of Sungyeol again. I wondered how long it takes for me to get over this one sided feeling. Will it melt away like snow when the day’s star arise on summer or it will stay frozen; hibernated in hidden place to meet another winter after another.  There are many possibilities to ponder over. Either way, Sungyeol already had a place in my heart. If I were to meet another man, I’m sure I’ll pay a visit to my past albeit less constant, but it is where memories that we shared together live. So I’m going to miss him when he gone.

 

            I just finish listening to Yoon Gun’s Sunshine by the time I arrived. Ironic huh? But doesn’t matter, the lyrics didn’t gave out what I’m feeling about Sungyeol anyway (half lie). I clicked off the music player and pulling out the earphones from my ears as I saw a familiar figure sank, like literally almost sank into the seat. I wonder if his spine works just fine seeing him sitting lazily like that. I cleared my throat when he look at my direction.

 

            “Oh, you finally here! I thought I’m dying of boredom without you.” No, don’t you dare spitting lies to me Sungyeol. He stood up from the bleacher, dusting off the imaginary whatever he thought attached on his bottom and hug his leather knapsack closed under his armpit. Still smiling widely, he shoved me the folio that he borrowed few days ago. I just believed that my heart skipped a beat although the way he returned my assignment is less than gentlemanly. Cuffing my hand onto the thick paper, I glared to him in return of my annoyance. I feigned my feelings again.

 

            “You don’t say. You just skyped your beloved Taetae,” I hissed with a mocking tone. 

 

            “Oh you saw? She’s cute isn’t she?” there are sparks swimming in his dark irises, he must’ve love her so much and I could feel my heart cracked a little.

 

            “Only you Sungyeol. Only you.” I scoffed, with a distant tone over layering my voice. We started to leave the bleachers and heading toward the park.

 

            “So when will you be free for our group assignment?”

 

            “Did you just ask me that?” I asked back, looking a bit confused but still hinting him to grave with my sarcasm.

 

            “Uh-huh.” He nodded innocently while my insides already fuming.

 

            “For Pete’s sake Sungyeol, the only one who doesn’t have any free time is you!” I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter