Seventh

Beautiful Flower Withers Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7. she fast asleep like a seed and spring is waiting for her (them) to bloom

 

 

The first time I met Woohyun, I thought I was looking at a glorious full moon hooked in the middle of dark sky’s chest. Enchantingly beautiful but a transient company for your lonely psyche; he was the soul mate I never had to pray for. Somehow, with him I felt that I’m finally at home after the long, tiring journey that wears me out. Even this ‘home’ isn’t the best I realized; shattered windows that always allow the cold wind inside and decorated with ugly cracks on its wall, I felt safe for a reason and surely, no matter where I go, I will always find myself imagining the warm ambience that I left behind. I’ll be missing my home when I was away, I’ll be missing Woohyun at his absence.

 

            Woohyun is a complex person. He said it once, he doesn’t care if people to look at him with high expectation yet he scared of not reaching those stars that people had wanting him to pluck, of people finding those flaws he had hard times to cover. He doesn’t care of being alone but he does afraid to be lonely. I don’t really understand his ideals but he did keep me on my toes with his paradoxes, the oddities of Nam Woohyun. I was interested in him. He intrigued me. I was attracted. He petrified me in a way I felt the urge of negate myself from being awfully close to him lest the fear that I might burn like a moth cursed by the fire, however, from my outer layer of skin to the thinnest fiber in the body, they would scream for him, and I avow that he had become my center to keep me spinning in control. I needed him.

 

            So Woohyun is a complex person, well, we’re all too.

 

            I was curling beside him, who had his back turned to face me on a hospital bed; we were counting the snow flakes that descended from the pitch dark sky. Or at least, that’s what we were pretending to do. Diverting my gaze off the window to him, I look at Woohyun’s back and unconditionally my eyes started to count the thread of his hair one by one to keep myself busy before my mouth slipped again.

 

            “Woohyun, talk to me.”

 

            Woohyun’s shoulder perked up at my sudden whisper. He just responded with a low grunt.

 

            “How you decide upon number twenty-four?” I asked. There’s a moment of brief silence before I got to listen to his breath intake.

 

            “Figure, -- I thought it’s enough to just stopped at the twenty-third but somehow, I couldn’t get enough, I become greedy.” I listened to him intently and the silence I gave him encouraged him to speak more.

 

            “Perhaps, a wish is like a flicker, be it momentarily, once you listen to it, you might still be able to get the whole hint of desperation because it’s just so bright you can’t leave it unnoticed. I think, I was a Santa in my previous life.” Still cynical like always but it’s not funny. I just know it’s not.

 

            “The cut, how much did it hurt you?” I asked again.

 

            “Sorry to disappoint you but it didn’t.”

 

            “But you cried,” his teary face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter