Precious Tears

Monkey ❤ Fishy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I. Am. So. Poofed.”

Hyukjae exclaimed, sprawling out over the dance floor. He wiped the waterfall of sweat cascading down his face and neck with the back of his hand, flinging the moisture away and not caring where the salty droplets landed.

“Lee. Freaking. Hyukjae.”

Okay, maybe he should have cared.

Before he knew what happened, Hyukjae felt a dead weight crash right on top of him with a loud giggle. He groaned at the elephantine weight literally cutting off the air circulation in his body as it began to giggle again.

“Dammit, Hae, how many times have I already told you not to do that to me?” the near-flattened man wailed while Donghae squirmed to find a better position on top of the skinny dancer. Their legs tangled up and Hyukjae felt a familiar pair of arms encircling his waist, the younger’s face buried into the crook of his neck with his lips against the wet, salty skin.

“Uhm, fourteen times?” Donghae answered cheekily, before planting a kiss on Hyukjae’s sweaty cheek. “Yuck, you taste horrible.”

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and pushed Donghae’s face away. “You’re impossible, Hae.”

Donghae grinned down at him and grabbed a hold of Hyukjae’s hand that was holding them apart. He leaned in closer, nuzzling Hyukjae’s nose, eyelids fluttering shut and he was just about to kiss the elder’s lips properly when a loud whoop sounded all the way from across the room. A little agitated at the interruption, both Hyukjae and Donghae opened their eyes, turning their heads to see the other seven members staring at them with wicked grins on their faces. Damn, Kyuhyun was even holding up his phone snapping pictures of them.

Donghae was the first to snap. “Do you guys mind?” he asked the seven pairs of inquiring eyes.

“No, not at all. Please continue,” Heechul answered, with a sickeningly sweet smile as he propped his face up with an arm on the floor. “Preferably with the part where you guys literally start on each other’s faces like octopuses.”

“HYUNG!!” Donghae exclaimed in terror, while Hyukjae merely sighed and pushed Donghae off his chest to sit up properly.

“It’s alright, we’re done here anyway. You guys totally ruined the mood,” Hyukjae grumbled, reaching for an iced bottle of water and gulping half its contents down before handing the rest of the water to Donghae, who also took a long swig of the bottle.

“Aw, look, they still shared an indirect kiss,” Heechul cooed, mock-sighing and blinking his eyes creepily at the two who just rolled their eyes in amusement. “Ahh, young love.”

“It’s not like we haven’t seen them totally in action before,” Kyuhyun started, putting away his phone. “Did I tell you about the time when Min and I accidentally walked in on them in the dressing room with their hands all over each other and Hyukjae’s hand down Donghae hyung’s pa—”

“Okay, I think that’s enough information for now,” Hyukjae yelled, clamping a sweaty hand over the talkative evil maknae’s lips. “I’m sure nobody’s interested anyway.”

“That’s only because we’ve all heard it at least a couple times before,” Shindong said in a bored voice, although there was an underlying teasing tone in it. “Kyuhyun made sure of it.”

Kyuhyun pulled away Hyukjae’s hand and bowed playfully at the other dancer. “You’re absolutely welcome, hyung.”

Hyukjae gave up and turned away, blushing and defeated. He pulled an equally red-faced and red-eared Donghae out of the dance studio with him to escape the hungry eyes, leaving the rest of the smirking and whispering members to their own assumptions and imagination, although they probably wouldn’t even be wrong this time.

- - -

“H-Hyuk?”

Donghae was slammed against the side of the soda vending machine rather harshly before Hyukjae’s hungry lips crashed painfully against his own. The corridor was dark, although not quite deserted, but they didn’t care. They kissed fervently for as long as they could remember, hands sliding over and under each other’s body parts, barely suppressing their need to breathe as they continued lip-locking with the other until Donghae began whimpering slightly. Hyukjae reluctantly broke apart and leaned his forehead against the younger’s, relishing in the panting, sweaty mess that was Donghae, his wonderful and absolutely perfect boyfriend.

“You’re so perfect,” Hyukjae mused, gently brushing away the fringe that was plastered onto Donghae’s sweaty forehead. “You do know that I love you, right?”

Donghae’s laugh rang out like a bubbly brook, making Hyukjae fall in love with him all over again. “You’d better, because no one else is better boyfriend material than me,” he said, bringing their faces closer together so that they were only half an inch apart. “I’m super handsome, ultra-talented, wonderfully romantic and all that shiz; what more can you ask for?”

“You’re impossible,” the dancer laughed, kissing Donghae chastely on the lips. He was about to go for another when he found himself yanked backwards none too gently either by a pokerfaced Kangin.

“Sorry to interrupt you lovebirds, but Hyukjae should I remind you that you have a recording later in an hour’s time?? You’re gonna be late if you don’t go back and shower now.”

“Oh crap, I totally forgot. Thanks for reminding, hyung.”

“No probs. By the way, Hyukjae, next time choose someplace else more secrete, you know, like not next to a public vending machine where people pass by all the time? Imagine what a scandal it would cause if anyone outside the company actually saw you guys doing that. We all know about you both, and yes we’re happy for you, but I’m not sure that the rest of the world is prepared yet,” Kangin said rather worriedly. “Although I’m pretty sure a lot of jewELFishys would be ecstatic to know that Eunhae is real after all,” he added with a wink.

“Of course it’s real; it has always been real,” Hyukjae answered with a laugh. “But it’s okay, I understand, hyung. Thanks. I’ll try to tone it down next time.”

Kangin smiled and nodded before walking towards the car park where their vans were. Hyukjae began following him with Donghae trailing behind because of their intertwined fingers. The younger had been quiet throughout the entire pep-talk and the elder finally noticed his silence.

“Hae, babe, are you alright? You seem rather quiet.”

Donghae gave Hyukjae a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. “I’m fine. I’m just tired. I should have known that the prep for our 7jib would be even more intense than before. I’ll be fine once we’re home.”

“Okay,” the dancer replied, although not fully convinced. “Are you coming with us to the dorms?”

“No… I’ll be at my apartment tonight.”

“Would you like me to come over after my recording?”

Finally, Donghae gave him a genuine smile. “That would be nice.”

- - -

 

 

From: Hyuk
To: Babe~❤

Hae babe, I’m on my way to your place now, want me to pick up some dinner? Chu~ ;*

 

From: Hae
To: Hyukkie ;*

It’s fine. I’m cooking.

 

From: Hyuk
To: Babe~❤

Are you alright babe? You sound kinda down… :(

 

From: Hae
To: Hyukkie ;*

I’m fine, just tired. See you later.

 

 

Hyukjae frowned at his phone, wondering why Donghae sounded less enthusiastic than usual. Heck, he didn’t even reply with smileys and his messages usually had tons of them. Was he perhaps mad at him? Did he do something wrong? Or was Donghae just tired, like he claimed so? They had been rehearsing non-stop preparing for their seventh album, and it had already taken its toll on many of their members. Maybe he was just exhausted. Yeah, just exhausted. Still, Hyukjae wanted to make sure. He sent another text message and waited for the reply.

 

 

From: Hyuk
To: Babe~❤

Are you mad at me? T_T

 

 

“Hyukjae-sshi, we’re here,” the driver announced, pulling up at Donghae’s apartment building. Hyukjae gave his phone a last glance before sighing. Donghae never replied his last message at all, and he suddenly had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. The dancer thanked him before sliding the doors open, but first making sure that there wasn’t a myriad of fans stalking mobbing around. He quickly made his way to the elevator after greeting the guard and pressed on the button for Donghae’s floor.

Please be alright.

- - -

 

“Hae?”

Hyukjae slipped into the familiar apartment with his extra keycard, gently closing the door behind him. He frowned at the lack of lights in the hall,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter