I Miss You

Christmas of Miracle

Suzy POV

                “So, Unnie this is your room. I hope you like living here.” Krystal said while smiling big.

                I nodded. “Thank you.” Then, I entered the room.

                My new room was surprisingly big with complete furniture. Soft blue, my favorite color, dominated the room. How could they know I like blue? And this was the first time I got a room like this. Usually, my room had just a single room with only a small bed and nothing more.

                Krystal sitted on the queen-size bed. “Unnie. I’m so happy to see you. Though I can’t remember you, because the last time we saw each other was when we were just a small kid. But you are exactly like what I have imagined, you are very beautiful.” Her voice sounded sincere.

                I gave her a small smile. I was about to open my mouth, when my room door suddenly swung open and Myungsoo appeared.

                “Krystal. Don’t annoy Suzy. She must be tired. Let her rest first.” Myungsoo told his sister.

                Krystal pouted. “But, there are still so many things I want to talk to her.”

                “Later. Later. Now just go back to your room and do your homework.” Myungsoo said with tone that couldn’t be denied.

                “Uh. Huh. Fine. Fine. I’ll go my ugly brother.” Krystal grumbled, standed up, gave me a small smile, then left my room.

                After had watched his sister left, Myungsoo turned to me and smiled. “Sorry about that. Krystal is so talkative, but she is a good girl. I’ll leave you too now. Just rest and if you need anything, don’t hesitate to call me.” then Myungsoo smiled again and left my room.

                Aish. Why all the people in this house like to smile? I didn’t want them to smile like that to me. I didn’t need them to be kind to me. Because it’s hurt. It’s hurt if it just fake smiles and they would change later.

                I shooked my head. “Think about that later Suzy. Now unpack your luggage first.” I told my self and began to unpack.

                My things are not so many. Only a few clothes, bathroom equipment, and stationery. Oh. Also one photo with frame. My family photo. Dad, Mom, and me. In that photo we were smile so brightly and everyone that looked at the photo would know that we were happy. Yes, we were happy.

                I stared at the photo  and my  Omma’s face,  Appa’s face, then my face. ‘Appa, Omma, don’t worry. I’m doing okay. I won’t cry anymore. Your daughter is stronger now. You two just rest in peace. But I really miss you now, Omma, Appa. I miss you.’ I spoke in my heart. Then my memory flied to five years ago.

***

                Suzy that was just twelve years old looked at the clock worriedly. It was unsual for Appa and Omma haven’t gone home eventhough it has already ten o’clock.

 “Where are you Omma, Appa? Why haven’t you gone home already?” Little Suzy asked the wall.

Suzy didn’t know why, but she had this strange feeling. As something bad would happen. “Please. I hope you are okay Appa and Omma.” Once again Suzy said to herself.

Suddenly a heavy rain fell and made the atmoshphere more somber than before. Suzy began tofeel  uneasy, she felt pressure on her heart. ‘Why? What’s happening? What’s this feeling? Is something wrong happen?’

Suzy jumped  from her seat when the telephone in the living room rang. She run quickly and grabbed it. “Yoboseyo? Neh. Suzy is here. Who’s speaking?”

“Suzy. This.. Is.. Omma.”

Suzy gasped. “Omma. What happen? What’s with your voice? Where are you? Why haven’t you gotten home yet?” Suzy asked nonstop, her voice began to tremble.

“Suzy-ya. Mianhae. Mianhae.”

“Omma. What happen? Tell me what happen! Why did you say sorry?” Suzy cried.

“Mianhae Suzy. Omma won’t be able to stay by your side anymore. Omma won’t be able to watch you grow up becoming a beautiful girl. But you have to promise me. You will be happy.” Omma told Suzy.

“Omma. You won’t go anywhere. Don’ scare me like this. Jebal.” Suzy cried heavily.

“Promise me Suzy. Promise me.” Omma urged me.

Suzy nodded her head although her Omma couldn’t see it. “Neh Omma. I promise you. I’ll be happy.” She was sobbing.

Suzy could hear her Omma inhale with difficulty. “Gomawo. Mianhae and saranghae Suzy-ya.”

It was the last sentence Suzy hear from her Omma. It also the last time Suzy spoke with her Omma. After that her Omma passed away, so did her Appa. Both of them died because of car accident. Her Appa died at the scene, while her Omma at the hospital. Started from that time, the world that Suzy knew started to  crumble.

***


Annyeong..

Beichi is here.

Sorry for not updating yesterday.

I was sick.

But I made a quite long chapter today.

Hope you like it readers.

Please leave comments, I would like to hear you opinions.

Thanks for supporting.

Have a good day. :)