Family

Christmas of Miracle

 

Suzy POV
 
​“Myungsoo Oppa must be crazy. How could he ordered me to go to this certain cafe? What will we do there? But I must be a hundred time crazier for feeling happy and go directly to where he told me, right now.” I murmured to myself while walking toward Rosemary Cafe.
 
​Yeah. I couldn’t help, but feeling happy. I was so shocked when he suddenly caught me yesterday, my cheeks would still turn pink whenever I remember the incident.
 
​“Stop it Suzy Bae! You know, Myungsoo Oppa is your cousin! Stop seeing him as a man! And, have you forgotten already? You shouldn’t get to close with them!” I told myself.
 
​I repeated that though again and again. My eyes turned cold and with that I entered the cafe.
 
***
​I found Myungsoo Oppa sitting in the corner of the cafe.  I approached him. He wasn’t looking at me, he was looking outside the cafe through the window beside him.
 
​I cleared my throat. “Oppa. I’m here.” I called him with a small voice.
 
​He turned and looked at me. “Suzy. I’m glad you came. I thought you would be to stubborn to come.” He gave me his charming smile.
 
​“Because I’m here now,  can you tell me why did you ask me to go here?” I wanted to make this meeting finish as quick as possible.
 
​Myungsoo Oppa laughed. “You really this kind of girl, huh? Fine if you want to make it quick, then I’ll go straight to the point.”
 
​I didn’t replay. And he continued. “I want you to accompany me. I’m going to buy christmas gifts for Omma, Appa, and Krystal. Girls are better doing this rather than boys, that’s why I’m asking for your help.”
 
​For me it sounded like a stupid request. He knows his family better than me, he knows what they like, why should ask me?
​I shooked my head. “Mianhae Oppa. But I couldn’t help. You know your- “
 
​I couldn’t finish my sentence, because Myungsoo Oppa had already dragged me out of the cafe.
 
***
​So, here I’m now. Being dragged to one shop into another shop.
 
​“Oppa. Let go of my hand!” I screamed to him.
 
​“I’ll let you go, only if you promise you’ll stay.”
 
​ “Fine. I promise. So now, please let go of my hand.” I begged him.
 
​He gave me a victory smile, before releasing my hand.
 
​“Just do this quickly and then you can go home.” I told myself in a very low voice, so Myungsoo Oppa wouldn’t be able to hear me.
 
***
​Finally, we have done shopping. Watch for Mr. Bae, parfume for Mrs. Bae, a complete make-up set for Krystal.  Actually, I was the one who choosed all that gifts, because Oppa just told me to choose. And he agreed with whatever I picked.
 
​“You have been living at my house long enough. I’m sure you know what my family like.” It was his reason.​
 
​And now we were drinking hot chocolate on the side of the busy street.
 
​“So, you are always buying  gifts for your family every christmas?” I decided to be the first that break the silent.
 
​“Yes. I always buy them gifts every christmas. Usually I choose it by myself. Because the gifts were for special people. ” Oppa answered my question while looking the vehicles passing the street.
 
​“I can see that you really love your family. Then, why did you ask me to choose this year gifts?” I really couldn’t understand Myungsoo Oppa.
 
​“You’re right. I really love my family. Although I’m just an adoption child.” Myungsoo Oppa turned and looked at me. 
 
​I was taken aback by what he said. Myungsoo Oppa is an adoption child? I never imagined that before.
 
​“Though I’m just an adoption child Mr and Mrs Bae never differentiate me with Krystal. They  love me and raised me like their own son. That’s why I feel so thankful and respect Mr and Mrs Bae.” Oppa continued his story, while I remained silent.
 
​“And for your question about why I asked you to choosed this year gifts for them, the answer is because from the time you entered my house you had become a family member. Suzy Bae stop positioning yourself as an outsider, you are our precious family.”
 
***
​After her parents death, her nice neighbor brought Suzy to live with her family. Little Suzy lived with her neighbor for three months before deciding to go to orphanage. Suzy knew her neighbor financial condition hadn’t been so good and her presence made it worse. Suzy didn’t want to make her neighbor suffer anylonger because of her, that’s why she decided to leave.
 
​Suzy stayed in the orphanage for nine months. Stayed there was fine. At least Suzy didn’t have to think about food and place to sleep. But, there were so many children in that orphanage, so Suzy never got enough attention and love. Until one day someone who claimed himself as Suzy’s uncle -Omma’s brother-, came and took Suzy.
 
He brought Suzy to his house. He was a friendly and kind guy. At first Suzy felt so happy, she felt so grateful that she could meet her Omma’s family. But as soon as she saw her uncle’s wife, she knew, her uncle’s wife hate her.
 
She became a source of conflicts at that house. Her Uncle and his wife would always fight because of her. At the end, her uncle asked for Suzy’s forgiveness and sent Suzy to another Omma’s relative house.
 
After that, in a sequence, she was sent from one house to another. From Omma’s older brother, to Omma’s younger sister. From one aunt to another aunt, one uncle to another uncle. Though they are blood-related with Suzy, they were just seeing Suzy as a toy. A toy that they can collect and play with, until they got bored than gave it to the next player.
 
They were just curious to meet the daughter of their long-lost sister. But never really saw Suzy as a family. 
 
Myungsoo’s family was the seventh.
 
And Suzy thought Myungsoo's family would just be the same with the others.
 
***

 

Annyeong..
So this chapter is the reason why Suzy placed herself as an outsider.
Sorry if my story is confusing.
Still, I'm trying my best.
Dont forget to leave comments, I'll gladly appreciated it.
Anyway it's Christmas Eve tonight.
Hope you guys had a good day. :)

 

Hi... i just want to inform you. That I'll finish this story. Though I don't know if there is someone who care. But, still I want to say sorry for not updating. This time I promise I'll update. Soon. And it will be the last chapter before I move to my new story. Please looking forward to it. Lots of love.