Like A Glass

Christmas of Miracle

Myungsoo POV

                Since the first time I saw Suzy Bae, I felt tremor in my heart. There was something about her that attracted me, made me wanted to protect her with all I had. Despite her undeniable beauty, there was something more. She always drew a distance between her and my family. Though she is our relative, she kept positioning herself as a stranger that only stay temporarily at my house.

                I didn’t know what she had been through in her life, but it must be rough. She is like a glass. So vurnerable. Seemed to be strong outside but delicate inside. Maybe she didn’t realize it, but I could feel her soul screamed for help, for love, for shelter.

                She is very close, but she is not reachable. She could always make excuses for not spending time with us. Like yesterday night, at dinner time.

                We were sitting around the table, Appa, Omma, Krystal, and I. We were waiting for Suzy, Omma had prepared a seat for her. After a while, she came into the dining room.

                Suzy bowed politely and said. “Good evening Uncle and Aunt. A maid came to my room and told me to go to the dining room. Is there something I can do?”

                Appa laughed. ”Yes, there is something you can do. You can seat and eat dinner with us.”

                I could see her eyes widened but then she shooked her head. “Thank you. But I’m still full now. I’ll eat later. Please enjoy your food.” Then she turned and went back to her room.

                Or like one week ago.

                Omma sent Suzy to the same school that Krystal and I attended. I told Suzy that she could go to school with me. But she refused and said that she could go alone. Then, she would always go to school early in the morning, so I didn’t have chance to force her to go with me.

                But one week ago, Suzy woke up late. So I went to her room.

                After had knocked first, I opened her room door and found Suzy who was combing her hair in a hurry. She looked up and when she saw me, she bowed her head.

                “Suzy. You have to go to school with me today unless you want to be late.” I said in superior voice, knowing that she didn’t have another choice.

                But to my surprise, she smiled and said calmly. “Don’t worry about me. I still can take the bus. I’ll go now.”

                Just like that and she ran quickly out of her room and then out of my house, left me speechless.

                I could only make two conclusions from  go-to-school-toghether-rejected incident. First, Suzy Bae is a very stubborn girl. Second, Suzy Bae is so beautiful, especially when she wear a blue ribbon, like what she did when I asked her to go to school with me that day.

                Hmph. Seriously, can’t you tell me what should I do to open your heart?

***

Suzy POV

5 years ago

                I standed in front of the grave. I was extremly tired of crying. Now I could only stare to the sky. ‘Omma, Appa, how can I live now? I have no one beside you two. Why did you leave me alone in this world? I want to go with you. Bring me with you.’ I cried in my heart.

                I am really alone. My Appa and Omma marriage has never been blessed by Omma’s family. The reason was standart. Omma came from rich and famous family, while Appa from poor family. It was forbidden for them to fall in love, but who could control something magnificient like love?

               So, to cut a long story short, both of them fell in love with each other. Omma ran with Appa and got married in a small city. And two years after that, I was born. We were happy. Once at a time, my Grandpa and Grandma from my Appa would come and stayed with us for few days. Appa was the only child, while Omma had so many brothers and sisters.

               During that time Omma has never contacted her family, so I have never known them, except Uncle and Aunt Bae with their children, Krystal and Myungsoo. Aunt Bae was Omma’s older sister, the closest one with Omma. They visited us once, that was the first time I met my Omma’s relative.

              When I was ten years old Grandpa and Grandma died, which meant Appa didn’t have family anymore.    

              And now after Appa and Omma left me, I’m totally alone.

***

Myungsoo POV

                “Oppa, Appa want to talk to you.” I was playing computer in my room when suddenly Krystal called me.

                “Neh. Oppa will go to Appa’s room.” I standed up and started to walk to Appa’s room.

                “Appa? Did you call me? What’s the matter?” I asked Appa as soon as I saw him.

                “Come here first Son.” Appa asked me to sit beside him in the bed. From his face I knew this would be a serious talk.

                Appa began. “This is about Suzy. Appa is going to tell you a story about her.”

                Appa’s words confusing me. “Story about Suzy?”

                “Yes, about her background. Maybe this story is also the reason why Suzy became a person like she is now. As Appa could remember Suzy was a bright and cheerful girl. She had a positive aura that could make everyone beside her happy. That’s why all the people loved her. You must have forgotten already, because the time when we visited her, you were only 6 years old, but Appa remembers. Appa could remember Suzy clearly and also from the secret letters that Suzy’s Omma wrote for Appa and Omma, we know what kind of girl Suzy used to be.”  Appa stopped for a while to inhale, before continuing his story.

                “After her parents’ death, Appa lost contact with her. Appa tried to find her, but failed. That’s Appa’s biggest regret. Until three months later I found Suzy at your Uncle’s house. There must be something that happened between that years that turned Suzy into closed and introvert Suzy like she is now.” Appa finished telling his story.

                “Then, why do you tell me this, Appa?” I asked him.

                “Because Appa wants to help Suzy. And Appa knows that Appa can’t do that alone. Appa needs you. Appa believes you know what to do.”  Appa said with a final tone.

                I smiled and nodded my head.

***


Annyeong..

How are you readers?

So, this is the third chapter.

I want to say thank you for those who subscribed.

And please, please leave comments.

Hope you all have a good day. :)