Christmas Night

Christmas of Miracle

Suzy

                Today is a christmas day. This morning Aunt Bae’s family and I went to the church. Thought I wanted to go alone, but  Aunt Bae forced me to go with them and I couldn’t refuse. Aunt Bae and her family was so good to me. Since the day I came to this house, they always tried to make me feel comfortable. Although I never let them saw it, but actually, I was so thankful for what they did. They gave me love that I had already lost many years ago.

                Still, I can’t make myself sure yet. I have hurt too much to be able to believe again. I don’t want to have a close relationship with them, so when they finally decide to throw me out from this house, I won’t have heavy feelings. I won’t cry.

                “Unnie. Unnie.” Suddenly someone called my name which startled me.

                I looked up and found Krystal smiling at me. “Unnie. I’ve been calling your name for several times, but you didn’t answer me. What were you doing?”

                “Uhm. Sorry Krystal. I didn’t hear you. Is there something I can help?” I bowed my head.

                “It’s okay Unnie. I just want to know if you can help me buy  some apples in the supermarket for dinner? Actually, I wanted to go for myself, but Mom asked me to help her. So, Unnie?”

                “Of course. I’ll go.” I said readily.

                “Gomawo Unnie. Here is the money.”

***

                The supermarket that is not really far from Aunt Bae’s residence is located in a busy corner. But right now, it’s a hundred time busier. Many people went from one shop to another shop with gifts in their hand. They were walking with their family or friends. There were also couple who were smiling to each other happily.

                I entered the supermarket and went to the fruits sector. On my way there I saw a family. Dad, Mom, and their cute daughter. The daughter whispered something in the Dad’s ear. After that the Dad walked and picked a snack from a nearby rack, then gave it to his daughter. The daughter smile and hugged his dad tightly while waved to her mom.

                Watching that, unconsciously single drop of tear escaping my eyes. Followed by another drops of tear. I covered my face with my hand. “Suzy you can’t cry here! No, you can’t cry at all. You have promised, that you won’t cry anymore.” I told myself.

                That earlier scene made me remember the christmas night I used to have when Omma and Appa was still alive. Appa and I would go shopping while Omma do the cleaning and decorating at home. Then when we got back home, we used to cook dinner together. Just a simple dinner, but was full of fun. We would set the table and enjoyed the christmas dinner. With a small christmas tree and christmas songs accompany us, christmas was a celebration that I always waiting for, every year.

                I smiled upon the memory. I know I couldn’t turn back the time no matter what I tried. I had to live forward. I rubbed my face until no tears left and picked the apples.

***


Well, I know it's not christmas anymore.

And I'm so sorry that I can't finish the story at the time it should has.

Also sorry fo the short chapter.

But, I want to finish the story, no matter what.

The chapter after this will be the last one.

I'll try to update it as soon as I have time.

Then, I'll move to a new story.

Have a good day. :)