Christmas

No Air

Daehyun pulled her into his arms and squeezed her. Jieun pushed him away.

"Easy there, I barely lived. Don't kill me." Jieun groaned. Daehyun smiled. Jieun sat down on the bench beside the fountain.

"Does this mean you're immortal?" Jieun asked. He shook his head.

"No, I didn't drink it. It's only been inserted into my heart." Daehyun slowly nodded. Jieun gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Well I'm glad you go most of your memories back." Jieun smiled.

"I don't think we kissed yet huh..." Daehyun pulled Jieun to him and slowly put his lips onto her. Jieun smiled and kissed him back.

The rest of the day went by like a blurr. Daehyun and Jieun threw toilet paper at random people's house and they weren't very happy. They had a food fight at her house, which led to both of them having to clean it up.

Six o' clock. It was almost time for the Christmas party. Jieun rushed to put on her dress which wasn't that comfortable since it was only knee high. She felt . Daehyun put on the same clothes he had on at Hyosung's eighteenth birthday party. But boy, was he handsome.

"I feel like I've been in this car way too much." Jieun laughed as she buckled her seat belt. Daehyun just shook his head.

bird_divider.gif

Jieun stepped out of the car and Daehyun led the way up to the steps of Hyosung's mansion. The door was already opened and people were partying way too hard for Jieun's liking. 

"Finally!" Hyosung pulled both of them inside. Then she went to talk to other people. Jieun was really surprised on how Hyosung took the news of Jongin really well. She didn't seem affected by it at all. Jieun smiled watching her best friend greet guests with an open smile.

Jieun and Daehyun didn't really dance like all the drunk people on the dance floor. They stood by the snack bar and talked. Suddenly a slow song came on and Daehyun put out his hand.

"Would m'lady care to dance?" His eyebrow wiggled up and down. Jieun laughed and put her hand on his. They walked away from the snack bar.

Daehyun put his other hand around her hip and pulled her close. She now knew how people who got out of a lonely trap felt. Free. Alive. That's what she felt at that moment. Like those meteors during a meteor shower. Just flying away from everything and live. Jieun felt as though she had truly lived.

More importantly, she could breathe again.