Big One-Eight

No Air

"This is going to be great! I sent out the invitations yesterday!" Hyosung jumped up and down. Jieun smiled.

"That's great. So, how was all of the dates? Spill." Jieun made a purring sound and Hyosung giggled.

"Well, he took me shopping which is so nice because guys don't like their girlfriends shopping! But he didn't mind. He waited while I tried practically everything on." Hyosung had a dreamy look on her face as she retold the whole story. "He's such a gentlemen! Thanks for introducing us, Jieun. I'm actually kind of interested in Jongin."

Jieun's eyes widened. Was this a dream or what? Hyosung interested in some blonde guy that she knew after what... five dates? He better be treating her right or his physical head will be displayed on her bedroom wall.

"Don't worry, Jieun. He's a great guy. I even invited him to my birthday party next weekend." Hyosung grinned.

"No way, he's a party pooper." Jieun's mood went from a ten to off the scale low. Hyosung deserved someone better, but how could Jieun know? She only knew Jongin for two minutes. Hyosung laughed at this remark.

"Oh, Jieun, you're so stiff. Just let loose and live a little!" Hyosung chirped. Easy for her to say. Jieun rolled her eyes.

The doorbell rang and Hyosung ran to open it. "Jieun! Daehyun's here to pick you up!" There was a sarcastic edge to the tone of her voice. Jieun picked up her backpack and ran to the door. Daehyun embraced her in a hug.

"Gosh, you guys are practically married." Hyosung rolled her eyes. Jieun stuck her tongue out at her.

"Anyways, Daehyun, I'm having a party for my 18th birthday next weekend. You better be there." Hyosung raised her eyebrows. Daehyun snickered and crossed his arms.

"Or else what?" He . Hyosung scrunched her nose.

"Or else I'm keeping Jieun hostage." Hyosung stuck her tongue out at him and slammed the door.

bird_divider.gif

"Well this isn't uncomfortable at all." Daehyun rubbed the back of his head as some random, pretty girl asked him to dance with her. Jieun whispered back in his ear.

"Have fun." Jieun . Daehyun shook his head.

"Sorry I don't dance." He told the girl. She frowned and walked away. Daehyun turned back to Jieun.

"Control yourself tonight, Jung Daehyun." Jieun gave him a mocking smile. Daehyun bit his lip and pulled her towards him.

"Oh I don't know, that may be a bit difficult." Daehyun his lips. "Considering that I'm a guy with crazy hormones, I don't know how long I'll last." He put his other hand around her to steady her. He leaned in just a bit so that their lips would brush against each other.

"If you don't mind, I would like to dance with you." Jieun and Daehyun quickly pulled apart. Jieun pushed him to the girl that just asked.

"Have a blast." Jieun said while scrunching her nose. Daehyun's eyes begged for help to not dance with a stranger as the girl pulled him away. Jieun laughed to herself. Suddenly someone took her hand and dragged her to the corner.

"Kim Jongin. What do you want?" Jieun groaned. Surprisingly, he dressed for the occassion. Suit, tie, and nice shoes. 

"I just wanted to rub it in your face that our dates went very well." Jongin made a ticking sound with his tongue.

"I'm completely aware of that and just so you know-" Jongin never got to find out what he had to know because in that moment, everything turned black. Jieun tried to control herself but she couldn't help but to panick. 

Then, the lights came back on.

"Don't worry everyone! It was just a tiny black out! Please, everyone get back to having fun!" Hyosung stood on a chair and made this announcement. Everyone went back to what they were doing, except for Jieun. She scanned the room for Daehyun. There was the girl he was suppose to be dancing with, but where was Daehyun?

"Jongin, help me look ..." Jieun turned her head. She turned to Hyosung. There was no Jongin.

More importantly, there was no Jung Daehyun.