Point of Peak

No Air

"What is it?" The other man asked. Jongin looked away from Jieun and shook his head.

"Nothing, I thought I saw a rat scurry by." Jongin gave a small smile. Jieun felt her heart slow down. Had Jongin just protect her? Suddenly, there was a loud noise outside. Jieun hid behind the door. The man and Jongin walked outside to see what the noise was.

Jieun took this to advantage. She ran to Daehyun. His face had red marks all over and his hair was all dirty. Jieun had no time to break down now. She had to get Daehyun out of here. She tried untying him until...

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Jieun's heart stopped. She turned around. It was the man and he was aiming a gun, straight at her heart. She wanted to take Daehyun and run but she couldn't.

"I don't care. Go ahead, but just let him go." Jieun tried her best to charm speak like Hyosung. She remember two years ago, Hyosung tried teaching her on how to persuade people. Jieun tried it and Hyosung just laughed and said that charm speaking wasn't her thing. Back then it didn't matter much, but charm speaking would really come in handy now. Jieun crossed her finger behind her back.

"Just give up, Jieun. He's not going to let Daehyun go. Go home. Live a wonderful life and forget about Daehyun." As Jongin said this, Jieun wanted to swing at him with all her might. How could he have said this and not felt anything for Jieun? Then, Jieun realized.

"You've been using Hyosung to get to me...and to get to Daehyun." Jieun felt her heart slowly drop on the floor. Jongin nodded and didn't seem to care.

"Why do you need Daehyun anyways?" Jieun was about to cry but she barely controled herself.

"You mean...he didn't tell you?" Jieun shook her head. The man continued, "Well, it's a secret." 

Just on cue, Daehyun woke up that exact moment.

"I'm hungry." Jieun turned around and saw Daehyun yawning, still tied to the chair. She ran and gave him a hug. She looked up at him, but he looked a bit confused.

"Hi Jieun." He smiled. Jieun wanted to slap him. How could he have smiled at a time like this?

"I came to save you." Jieun slowly said. "I miss you so much."

"Aww come on, Jieun. No one would go through that much for a friend." Daehyun smiled. Jieun's heart stopped. Friends? They were not just friends. That had something.

"F-friend..?" Jieun stuttered.

"Oh yes, we forgot to mention. We took away a bit of his memory so he could give us some information." The man gave her a mocking smile. It was exactly like Jongin's. Like father, like son. "Hope you don't mind that your whole relationship has been dismissed." Jieun was shoved to the corner and sat down.

"Now, Daehyun. Be a good boy and tell us where the elixir is." Jongin leaned in so close that Daehyun made a disgusted face.

"I told you. I don't know." Daehyun sighed and shut his eyes. "I'm going back to sleep." 

The man, who obviously wasn't very happy with this response, smacked Daehyun square across the face. Jieun jumped up and was about to hit him but Jongin held her back.

"Hey, hey, hey. Be careful with Jieun!" Daehyun cried.

"Let's make a deal. I'll let you run free in this room for fifteen minutes, and in exchange, you'll tell me where the elixir is. If not, I'm going to take so much of your memory away, that you won't even know who you are." The growled and Daehyun nodded. He untied Daehyun.

"We'll be back." Jongin said and followed the man outside. Jieun rand to Daehyun and hugged him.

"I thought you left me, forever." She broke into a sob, not able to keep her feelings in anymore. Daehyun held her.

"But, what were they talking about?" She whispered quietly.

"They're trying to find some elixir and dominate the world or something. But I don't have it. And if I do, then I don't remember." Daehyun held her tighter.

"Daehyun, how could you forget? About me...about us?" Daehyun didn't reply to this. It only felt like thrity seconds until Jongin and the man returned.

"Aww how cute. Now tell me where the elixir is." The man demanded.

"I don't know!" Daehyun sat back in the chair, ready for more of his memory to be taken away. Jieun quickly dialed on her phone '911' behind her back.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are we?" Jieun tried to sound convincing as if this was only a question out of the blue.

"Blue Lagoon Island." Jongin said, without thinking.  Jieun then clicked 'end call.' The man smacked Jongin. Jieun gasped.

"You idiot! Now someone is going to find us here. We have to dispose of her." The man said and walked towards her. He pulled her up by her neck and spat in her face. Jieun now knew how people who were stuck and alone felt.

Hard. It was hard to breathe. Hard to talk because no one would listen. Hard to live because of being alone. Hard to love because that one person wouldn't love them. They had to live like this up to suicide. It was mentally exhausting.

Maybe they felt great. Jieun felt great at that moment. When she stopped breathing. All her problems just left her in the darkness. It was simply peaceful.