Chapter 7

The New Kid

DOUBLE UPDATE. I REPEAT DOUBLE UPDATE. GO READ THE LAST ONE FIRST IF YOU HAVEN'T!

Zelo spent the rest of the day getting ready for the night until work started. It was around eight o'clock when Jonghyun turned up looking tired and worn out.

“Where's Boa?” he asked as he slumped down onto the couch. He reached for the TV remote looking through to see if there was anything interesting on.


 

“She tired herself out when I took her to the park.” Zelo told him, and Jonghyun nodded his head. He looked like he was thinking about something but he usually thought a lot, so Zelo never questioned things.


 

“She's nothing but a ball of energy that girl. You were the same.” Jonghyun smiles and it makes Zelo blush as he remembers how hyperactive he was as a child. “Has she had anything to eat yet?”


 

“No, not yet. But I did make her something to eat when I was cooking my own dinner, so just heat that and wake her in about half an hour.” Zelo informed him, gesturing towards the door, where the kitchen and Boa's room lay behind.


 

“Right okay. I'm right in saying that Jiyong will be here for you soon?” A nod. “Right, well as usual be careful, don't take any drinks of anyone, if you put a drink down and leave it don't pick it up again, If anyone asks you to go home with them say no.” Zelo rolled his eyes at his step-fathers over protectiveness.


 

“I wasn't born five minutes ago, I know how the world works. Also can we watch White Chicks?” Zelo asked when he noticed the movie was on TV with Korean subtitles. Jonghyun sighed and turned the channel over and they both settled down to watch the American chick flick movie.


 

They got up to the part where they were doing the catwalk in the silly soft looking dresses when Jiyong turned up. He looked slightly nervous as he grabbed a snack bar from the kitchen. Zelo didn't bother to question him on it, because after all it wasn't his place to know everything.


 

“Right, Come on Zelo. We haven't got all day. Poor Luhan will be getting mobbed.” Zelo nodded his head, just imagining how swarmed the small boy would be. He quickly grabbed his jacket and slipped on his shoes as he followed Jiyong out of the house, waving to Jonghyun as he shut the door behind him and ran down the stairs to catch up with Jiyongs large steps.


 

They were taking the bus into town which only took 10 minutes, but the ten minutes were never boring. They would always find something to talk about and unfortunately the topic for that night happened to turn to Yongguk.


 

“You like him.” Jiyong told him, no question or doubt in his voice. Zelo blushed and looked down playing with his hands as he bit his lip.


 

“Maybe... I don't know... I don't know him that well. But he is handsome and nice.” Zelo told him, Jiyong nodded his head, throwing an arm around his brother. This was one of their rare moments where the two got along like a house on fire, no fighting or arguments.


 

“Well, I give you my blessing, The dude's hot. But seriously let me know if he hurts you in anyway and I will kill him. And I'll let everyone in the bar know and you know how crazy Jackson gets when he's pissed off.” Zelo cringed at the thought of both Jiyong and Jackson beating Yongguk up. Last time Jackson had been so pissed off he ended up breaking Jaebum's ribs, all over a prank gone wrong.


 

“Thanks Hyung. It means a lot.” Zelo grinned, hugging the elder. Jiyong rolled his eyes but hugged the younger boy, rubbing his back softly.


 

The rest of the ride was in silence, but they only had to wait for the next stop. They weren't allowed to go in through the front door because of laws and rules of some sort that Zelo didn't really understand, but they still said hello to Baekho and Eli who were the barman for that night. Zelo reached into his pockets pulling out his hand warmers and handed it to the two men.


 

“Here you go Hyungs!” Zelo chirruped and Eli and Baekho both smiled squeezing the parcel in their hands.


 

“Thanks Zelo, it's freezing tonight. Also Hyung that guy you were asking for is in the club, he arrived about 10, 15 minutes ago?” Eli told them as he slipped the parcel into his pocket. Jiyong nodded his head, smiling at the two of them as they waved goodbye and made their way behind the building so they could get in through the back door.


 

Jiyong pushed the door open, holding it for Jiyong who smiled and thanked him. Jiyong rushed off after that saying something about how he had to get back to the bar, but Zelo understood, Friday's were hell. So instead of shouting on his brother he made his way into the backstage room where he knew the dancers liked to hang out.


 

Before he opened the door he could hear Kai talking to someone in the room, he didn't here much but something about 'Shagging'. Zelo shook his head as he pushed the door open.


 

“Why are you guys talking about shagging? I'm too young and innocent for that language” Zelo huffed as he made his way into the room, Kai and Sehun sitting on the main couch while someone Zelo hadn't recognised sat on the other couch that lay in the room.


 

“We weren't talking about shagging. I'm telling Jiyong that you need to get your mind out of the gutter!” Kai told him. Zelo shook his head and frowned at the elder.

 

“But you were! I heard you!” Zelo whined. Sehun laughed and pinched the youngers cheeks painfully.

 

“We could be talking about shag carpets. Or Shaggy from Scooby Doo.” Sehun back fired. Zelo let out a sigh in defeat, knowing he was right but having no energy to fight back against his Hyungs. This wasn't the first time he had walked in on the two having one of there many weird conversations.

 

Zelo looked at the other man in the room, he could see blue hair peaking out from under his hood, and his face was mostly hidden, but Zelo could guess who it was from Jiyongs description, besides how many people had neon blue hair these days?

 

“Oh, You must be Seunghyun. He's at the bar if you want to go get him.” Zelo told him and the man seemed to blush slightly as he nodded his head. He stood up and nodded at the boy, smiling slightly as he did so as he made his way out of the room, Sehun following behind him as he had to work. Speaking of work.

 

“Do you ever work or do you just sit back here talking about ?” Zelo questioned and Kai grinned tapping his nose.

 

“That M'dear is something you'll never know. Besides no wonder I like to talk about ! It's ing awesome! Maybe one day you'll find yourself a hot piece of of a man and you'll know what I’m talking about.” Zelo blushed and slapped Kai's arm.

 

“Shut up! There is nothing wrong with being a . I mean at least I don't sleep with every second woman I meet. Also how do you know I’m gay? Is it that obvious?” Zelo pouted and Kai shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Kind of, I mean I have excellent gaydar because of all the gay people I hang out with. I mean there's you, Jiyong Hyung, Luhan Hyung, Eli Hyung, Baekho Hyung, JR, Key Hyung, Baekhyun and Chanyeol Hyung exetera exetera~” Kai twisted his wrist as he names off the people and of Zelo didn't know any better he would have guessed that the elder was gay with how animated he talked. “Also it isn't every second woman, it's like every tenth, I'm not that bad.” Zelo rolled his eyes but stood up as he stretched his back.

 

He was already dressed in his work clothes which was a simple black tight button up which Zelo couldn't wear unless he rolled the sleeves up as his limbs were too large for the piece of clothing. He also wore black trousers which were loose on his legs and had to be practically pinned to his hips with the belt he wore.

 

“Unlike some people I actually have work to do, so I'll talk to you later.” Zelo waved goodbye to Kai who pouted at the fact he was now being left alone, but he quickly just shrugged to himself and lay down closing his eyes as he tried to get some sleep.

 

As usual the club was packed to the brim, it was well known in Hongdae which was a good thing seeing as Hongdae was always full of students and people just wanting to get away from their stressful lives. So Zelo had to push past a lot of writhing bodies as he grabbed a tray from the bar and started his work as a cleaner. He made his way towards the tables, picking up empty glasses from the deserted tables then wiping the tables down with a rag as he made his way back towards the bar.

 

He continued his cleaning as he ignored everyone else around him, only stopping to ask the occasional person “are you done with that?” or “excuse me”.

 

He worked for roughly half an hour when he spots his friends dancing. Though the person that catches his eyes is Yongguk who has a bright smile on his face as he moves his body with the music, a girl in front of him matching his movements. Zelo felt a twinge of jealousy as he stared at the two as they moved their bodies to the sound of David Guetta, and he knew it was stupid as there was literally no reason for him to be jealous. And yet he somehow found himself stomping over to the two and pulling Yongguk away towards the staff area.

 

“What was that for?” Yongguk asked once they were in the quiet hall. Zelo shrugged his shoulders and made sure to keep his face neutral as he stared at Yongguk.

 

“I just wanted to say hi.” Zelo replied, staring at the wall behind Yongguk instead of his face. Yongguk chuckled and patted Zelos shoulders.

 

“Of course, of course. And you couldn't have done that outside?”

“It was loud!” Zelo pouted as Yongguk ruffled his hair. Zelo continued walking towards the dancers room to check on Kai, because he may as well seeing as he would need to get the boy to work at some point. He pushed the door open, Yongguk stopping slightly before following the boy.

 

Kai lay on the couch, his mouth hanging open as he snored loudly. Zelo rolled his eyes as he smiled at Yongguk before jumping on the sleeping form. Kai startled awake, wincing at the weight on his chest.

 

“WAKE UP~” Zelo shouted as he bounced on his chest. Kai forcefully pushed him off as he sat up rubbing his sore chest.

 

“What the Zelo! I was comfy!” Kai pouted as he sniffled and rubbed his eyes like a child. Zelo rolled his eyes.

 

“Well you're at work, you should be working anyway you lazy .” Yongguk gasped slightly to hear the innocent Zelo swearing and Zelo turned blushing slightly.

 

“I'm not lazy, I'm just tired. And who's he? Your boyfriend?” Kai asked and Zelo spluttered slightly as he shook his head.

 

“He's just my friend, Kai. This is Yongguk. Yongguk this lazy over here is Kai.” Zelo introduced the two and they both smiled at each other, both giving the other an awkward wave.

 

“Anyway, know how much I love you? You should go get me something to drink from the storage cupboard. Diet pepsi please~” Kai pushed Zelo in the direction of the storage room as he lay back down on the couch. Zelo rolled his eyes before grabbing Yongguks arm as they entered the room.

 

“Can you help me look for diet pepsi? It's been so long since I’ve been in here, I’ve forgotten where everything is.” Zelo chuckled as he started looking around on the lower shelves. Yongguk nodded and started the search on the taller shelves. It took 2 minutes but Yongguk managed to locate the diet pepsi on the tallest shelf in the room. Even when Yongguk stood on his tip toes he was unable to reach the cans. He frowned as he tried again but he could only brush his finger tips against the cold material.

 

“Can you help me?” Yongguk asked shyly, ashamed that he couldn't reach. Zelo looked up from his spot on the floor and nodded, grabbing the can easily from the shelf. Yongguk pouted and stared at how effortlessly the boy could reach. “I hate you and your freakishly tall height.” Yongguk pouts and pushes the younger softly, but he's smiling so Zelo assumes he's just kidding.

 

“You love me really!” Zelo grins and rests his head on the elders shoulders as he blinks up at him cutely. Yongguk simply rolls his eyes.

 

“Of course I do, but I hate your height still.” Yongguk pouts and Zelo laughs, and the kid has a really contagious laugh so Yongguk joins him. They both make their way out of the room laughing to a sight that none of them expect to see.

 

Luhan and Kai were in the room, standing over a bleeding Sehun. Seunghyun was standing awkwardly in the background watching the scene. Luhan had a look that reminded Zelo of a mother, pure concern and worry knitting his eyebrows together. Kai on the other hand looked like he wanted to murder someone.

 

“Sehun! Is he okay? Ohmygodwhatdowedoishegonnadieohmygod!” Zelo rushed out running towards the Luhan.

 

“It will definitely hurt in the morning. I think he has a concussion. Jongin phone an ambulance” Zelo watched in silence as Luhan took control of the situation as he ordered everyone around. Luhan placed the wet wash cloth he had brought with him on Sehuns forehead.

 

“I told you, one day you're gonna get yourself glassed, did you listen. Of course you didn't” Luhan mumbled wiping away the blood. Sehun opened his eyes squinting at Luhan.

 

“Sowwy Hyung~” Sehun let out a delirious giggle. Kai rolled his eyes and Zelo let out a breath realising he hadn't changed too much.

 

“Even when he is half unconscious he still acts like a cute little .” Zelo smiled slightly at Kai's remark.

 

“Sorry, I don't think I introduced myself earlier. I'm Zelo. And this is my... Friend, Yongguk.” Zelo introduced himself and Yongguk who was staring at the scene looking a little blue.

 

“So you're Jiyongs brother?” Seunghyun asked. Zelo nodded his head. He felt Yongguk gasp from behind him.

 

“Wait... You're Top from Big Bang, aren’t you” Seunghyun nodded his head, and it was only then that Zelo took in the elders face properly in all the chaos.

 

“Yeah, but keep it on the down low, wont you. If press found out I was involved in a bar fight, even if not directly, it would be an uproar.” Seunghyun explained. Everyone in the room agreed nodding their head, the only exception being an unconscious Sehun.

 

“So police will be here soon” Kai said, putting his phone back in his pocket as he stared at his younger brother. Seunghyun stood catching Zelos attention.

 

“As much as I would love to stay and make sure Sehun is okay, I need to leave before the ambulance arrives. Zelo, can you send Jiyong my love?” Seunghyun asked, as he checked for his phone in his pocket texting his chauffeur to pick him up. Zelo nodded his head.

 

“Of course, Hyung. You know you make him happy. Please don't leave, Hyung is never as happy as he pretends to be” Zelo told him honestly. Seunghyun nodded his head before leaving the room. Zelo made his way towards Sehun, holding back a gag as he saw how much blood there was.

 

“What even happened?” Zelo asked. And Luhan looked up at Zelo with his wide eyes before going back to tending to the head wound.

 

“Well as usual Sehun was dancing with this girl, but he failed to notice the girls boyfriend and he got himself glassed didn't he. And I always say to him he'll get himself glassed, and of course this happens.” Luhan doesn't look up as he speaks and Zelo isn't surprised now that he knows what happened.

 

“What about the other guy?” Yongguk asked, and Luhan quirked an eyebrow at Yongguk before shrugging his shoulders.

 

“I imagine that Jiyong, Chanyeol and Joon are taking good care of him” Luhan smirks slightly. There is a knock on the door before Lay walks into the room, paramedics following after him. Luhan stepped away from Sehun watching with a worried face as the paramedics looked him over before pulling him onto the stretcher they brought with them.

 

“From what we can see he has a concussion, which we'll need to take a further look at to make sure there isn't any long lasting damage. He has also taken quite a beating to his chest, and from the feel of things, he may have either fractured or broken his lower left rib. So we will have to keep him in over night definitely.” The male paramedic explained and Luhan nodded his head as he listened. “Is there anyone that wishes to travel in the ambulance with him?” immediately Kai raised his hand.

 

“Can I go? He's my best friend...” Kai trailed off. The paramedic nodded his head, offering Kai a smile and a pat on the shoulder.

 

“He's going to be fine. My name is Kim Joonmyeon. Now follow me.” The paramedic who now was known as Joonmyeon led Kai out of the room behind the stretcher which Sehun lay on. Once the door shut Zelo let out a deep breath as he flopped down onto the couch next to a dazed looking Luhan. He leaned over to Luhan resting his head on his shoulder.

 

“Hyung will he be okay?” Zelo asked. Luhan raised his hand Zelos hair softly.

 

“You heard the paramedic, he's busted up slightly but he'll be fine. Now enough about being depressing, who's this?” Luhan asked, mustering up a weak smile. Zelo turned to Yongguk who was sat on the other couch due to lack of space, Lay sitting next to him.

 

“This is Yongguk my b- friend. He's my friend.” Zelo introduced him and Yongguk leaned forward shaking Luhans hand before sitting back down.

 

“It's nice to meet you, it's nice to know this kid has friends outside work.” Zelo went to interrupt but Luhan placed a hand over his mouth. “And people from your other work don't count either.” Luhan hushed him and Zelo pouted against his hand before his hand as Luhan squealed and pulled his hand away and wiped it on his chest. “Ew. Gross. Now I have cooties.” Zelo rolled his eyes.

 

“Hyung, You're 24 years old. Cooties aren't a thing.” Zelo moaned but Luhan shook his head.

 

“That's what the government want for you to think!” Zelo sighed before standing up.

 

“Seriously Hyung you're weird. And we should all get back to work, Joon is alone out there and so's Amber if Jiyong Hyung is dealing with the other guy.” Zelo realised and the others in the room nodded their heads as they all made their way back into the main area to work again.

 

“Zelo?” A hand found it's way onto Zelos shoulder and as he turned round he was met with the sight of obviously drunk Daehyun and Youngjae.

 

“Hyungs. Hi.” Zelo laughed awkwardly. The two staggering boys grinned and hugged Zelo. Youngjae not letting go and holding Zelos head to his chest.

 

“BABY~ DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TAINT YOU~” Youngjae sobbed as he Zelos hair much harsher than Luhan did.

 

“Leave the poor kid alone, Jae.” Daehyun said as he pried Youngjaes fingers off Zelo. Daehyun seemed to be sober, or more sober than Youngjae at least.

 

“Hyung~ I want food! Can we go get a take away? PLEASE CAN WE GET A TAKE AWAY!” Youngjae begged, puffing his cheeks up as he hugged Daehyuns midriff.

 

“Ugh fine, fine. But then I’m taking you home, your mum would kill me if I took you home like this.” Daehyun rolled his eyes as he pushed Youngjae off of him before waving at Zelo and making his way towards the club exit.

 

“So...” Yongguk laughed awkwardly now that they were left in silence. Zelo shook his head as he laughed before going back to cleaning, but this time with Yongguk following after him.

 

“You should go back and dance, enjoy yourself. Get yourself a girlfriend or something like that.” Zelo told him as he leaned over the table as he gathered up the empty glases.Yongguk laughed from behind him.

 

“But I’m having fun with you. Besides haven't I made it obvious that I don't swing that way?” Zelo looked up at him questioningly as he sat up. Yongguk rolled his eyes. “I like men Zelo. I'm gay.” Yongguk told him and Zelo felt his cheeks heat up.

 

“Oh... I never would have guessed.” Zelo admitted as he took a look at Yongguk who was the definition of manly, with his broad shoulders, sturdy muscles and deep voice.

 

“Seriously? So you seriously haven't noticed that I’ve been flirting with you this whole time?” Zelo spluttered slightly.

 

“Flirting! What? Why would you be flirting with... me?” Zelo asked as he blushed red. Yongguk smiled at him brightly, and Zelo had to admit his smile was definitely breath taking.

 

“Well there’s a lot of reasons, You're funny and interesting, and you're really cute. And you know how to cheer me up with a simple text saying 'hi' or 'how was your day'. And you just make me so stupidly happy to the point that it's actually embarrassing.” Yongguk laughed as he scratched the back of his neck, a blush rising on his cheeks. Zelo grinned and pulled Yongguk in for a hug.

 

“You're stupid.” Zelo laughed as he tightened his arms around the elder as he wrapped his own arms around Zelos small waist.

 

“Hey! I'm your Hyung you can't call me stupid!” Yongguk huffed and Zelo pulled away laughing.

 

“Didn't know Hyungs could be so small.” Zelo laughed as he patted the top of Yongguks head. Yongguk scowled and batted his hand away.

 

“Like I said before, you're just freakishly tall! I'm quite tall as well!” Yongguk huffed. Zelo rolled his eyes, choosing to let Yongguk have his moment. “Anyway... I was wondering if you would maybe like to go on a date with me?” Yongguk asked and Zelo nodded his head happily.

 

“Yeah I would love to!” Zelo cringed at how enthusiastic he sounded. “I mean, yes I would gladly accompany you to...?” Zelo deepened his voice slightly and Yongguk smiled at his cuteness.

 

“The park.”

 

“I would gladly accompany you to the grand meadows of Korea.” Zelo nodded his head and Yongguk laughed, clutching his sides. Zelo didn't find it that funny, but he put it down to the fact that Yongguk had had a few beers by the time Zelo had caught up with him.

 

“Please tell me you're not going to talk like that all night.” He laughed and Zelo frowned.

 

“Kind gentlemen there is nothing wrong with speaking in a proper manner with elegance and sophistication.” Zelo stuck his nose at him and Yongguk shook his head.

 

“I'm dating such a dork.” Yongguk laughed. Zelo pushed Yongguk softly.

 

“Well I'm dating a loser.”

 

* * *

A/N: I'M SO SORRY. THE ONLY EXCUSE I HAVE IS THAT HAPPENS. EVERYTIME I WOULD SIT DOWN TO RIGHT SOMETHING WOULD HAPEN. SO SORRY GUYS BUT HEY, DOUBLE UPDATE!

So anyway in other news, i'm so dissapointed in this chapter. IM SO SORRY AGAIN.

Also I'm not dead, I have still been feeling ill but i'm better(ish) now so no worries ^-^

So hopefully I will actually do and it wont take me a month to update. 

Anyway I hope you have a nice day and unlike me, stay healthy!