Chapter 6

The New Kid

Chapter 6

 

“You know, we should go clubbing tonight.” Jongup announced on the last day of school before the weekend.

 

“As much as I would love to see you shaking your sweet little on the dance floor no one is 20 here.” Himchan shot Jongups idea down. Jongup pouted.

 

“But we could sneak in? I mean we all look older than our age. We could totally sneak in” Jongup retaliated, clasping his hands together begging everyone.

 

“It would be fun, I haven't been out in a while, and we could go to that club that everyone is talking about. I forget the name... Pulse? or something like that” Youngjae mumbled. Zelo froze slightly, of course out of all the possible clubs they could pick, they pick the one he works at.

 

“Yeah, that would be fun, I'm in if you guys are.” Daehyun grinned. The rest nodded, grinning.

 

“Sorry guys, I have to babysit Boa. Also I heard that Pulse I mean the people that work there are annoying and ugly” Zelo lied, well he was lying about the ugly but put Sehun and Kai together and you had the most annoying group to ever live.

 

“Really? I heard it was really good. We should go there anyway to check the place out at least?” Yongguk suggested, the group all nodding their heads. Himchan smiled clapping his hands and rubbing them together.

 

“So it's settled, we're going to go to Pulse tonight, minus our poor baby Zelo who has to babysit.” Himchan grinned, and Zelo internally face-palmed at his bad luck. He would just have to make himself scarce that night.

 

“So what time do you guys planning on going?” Zelo asked. The group exchanged looks for a moment.

 

“About 9 or 10 would be an all right time?” Yongguk suggested and everyone agreed.

 

“Okay, well the bells going to go soon and I need to go to my locker so I’ll see you guys later.” Zelo stood waving at his friends as he made his way to his locker. He took his phone out of his pocket phoning his friend, the phone rang twice before the call was answered.

 

“Hello?” A tired voice groaned on the other side. Zelo grimaced slightly for waking his friend.

 

“Baekhyun Hyung?” Zelo asked, there was a groan on the other side.

 

“Zelo, you better have a damn good reason for waking me up at this ungodly hour” Baekhyun mumbled into the phone. Zelo could hear shuffling on the other side of the phone and a deep voice telling him to shut up.

 

“Hyung it's 1 o'clock” Zelo informed him and Baekhyun let out a squeak.

 

“What? Are you lying to me! Chanyeol move your fat , we're late for lunch with my parents!” Baekhyun shouted over the phone and a harsh slapping sound ensued with a Chanyeol. Zelo rubbed his arms awkwardly.

 

“Anyway Hyung, I was wondering if you could cover my shift?” Zelo asked timidly. Baekhyun let out a sigh.

 

“I can't Zelo, I'm already working tonight anyway, and I can't work the double shift. Why do you need the time off anyway?” Baekhyun asked over the phone.

 

“Oh, never mind Hyung. I'll see you tonight okay?” Zelo asked. Baekhyun let out a hum.

 

“Of course, and remember you can ask me anything, so don't hesitate to ask. I'll see you later Zelo!” Baekhyun called happily before hanging up.

 

Zelo let out a sigh, putting his phone back into his pocket. Having his friends know that he was just that poor that he had to work to jobs was bad enough, but now he was also going to most likely see Yongguk getting ground upon by all the girls and guys that frequented the club.

 

And now to make things worse he was running late for maths class, which was Zelos least favourite class. His teacher was extremely nice and he also got to sit next to his dongsaengs which was also pretty fun. It's just that Zelo did not enjoy maths. Being a cashier at times in the café his mental maths had became brilliant, but the moment you started adding in letters and weird equations he became lost.

 

Thankfully he wasn't alone in the class though, there was the Taiwanese exchange student who, although his Korean wasn't the best, was fun to talk to.

 

“Junhong Hyung!” The boy smiled as Zelo sat down next to him. Zelo rolled his eyes slightly as he set his jotters onto the table.

 

“I've told you before, please call me Zelo, Kunpimook” Zelo told him as he got out his pencil from his bag.

 

“And I've told you to call me BamBam,” the younger boy grinned happily and Zelo let out a sigh as he nodded his head.


 

“Touché.” Zelo smiled and ruffled the younger boys hair. BamBam grinned happily to the elder as he set to work on the lesson started and Zelo let out a sigh as he followed suit.


 

*~*~*

When school had finally finished Zelo ran to the primary school to fetch his sister, who was as usual waiting with the teacher at the gate.


 

“Oppa!” Boa smiled as she ran up to Zelo and laughing loudly as Zelo picked her up and settled her on her hip.


 

“Sorry about being late again, but it's a bit of run,” Zelo apologised to the teacher who simply shook her head.


 

“No, it's fine. I'd rather you be late than having Boa running off on her own.” The teacher assured him and Zelo grinned happily.

“Thanks again!” He bowed slightly as the teacher made her way back into the school. Zelo turned to Boa a bright smile on his face.


 

“Where do you want to go? Jiyong Oppa needs to sleep because he's very tired, so we can have a little day out once we change our clothes and such,” Zelo smiled to the girl who let out a happy squeal.


 

“Park! I want to go to the park! Jieun said that her mummy takes her to the park everyday~” The girl exaggerated throwing her arms out wide. Zelo made a shocked face.


 

“Everyday! Even in the winter?” Zelo asked, gasping slightly. Boa nodded her head.


 

“Yup! Especially in the winter!” Boa told him her face serious. Zelo shivered.


 

“Doesn't she get cold?” Zelo asked and Boa shook her head and all Zelo could think about is how cute his little sister is.


 

“Nope!” She grinned popping the P loudly. Zelo laughed pinching the girls cheeks.


 

“Well, We'll go to the park and we'll have more fun than Jiyun!” Boa shook her head.


 

“Oppa~! It's not Jiyun, it's Jieun! Silly Oppa!” the girl laughed and Zelo laughed along with her.


 

“Sorry, sorry,” Zelo laughed setting the girl down so she could walk. Boa let out a groan.


 

“Hong Oppa! Carry me~” The girl complained but Zelo shook his head taking a hold of the youngers hand.


 

“You're a big girl now Boa, you can walk. Now let's hurry up because it's cold and we don't want Oppa and Boa to get a cold now do we?” Boa shook her head and Zelo held onto her hand tighter. “Good, so let's hurry!” Zelo grinned as he started running and Boa ran with him toddling behind slightly, but Zelo slowed down letting Boa run ahead to help her self esteem.


 

“I won! I won! Oppa is slow!” She grinned once she reached the door, pointing an accusing finger at the elder. Zelo doubled over pretending to be out of breath as he over exaggerated his breathing, leaning on the wall for effect. “Hurry up and open the door Oppa!” The small girl begged and Zelo smiled opening the door for both of them as they made their way to the apartment.


 

“Remember Quiet, Jiyong Oppa is asleep remember, so go pick what you want to wear and I'll get you in living room while I get dressed okay?” Zelo told Boa once they were in the room and Boa nodded happily skipping into her small room happily.

Zelo let out a sigh as he made his way into the room, the room was quite dark as the curtains were pulled and the light switched off. Zelo stood on his tip toes to see if Jiyong was asleep and he was met with his brothers light snoring and drooling face and Zelo laughed slightly.


 

Zelo then moved around the room, picking up a lose green day shirt he had which used to belong to Jiyong but the elder had grown out of the American rock band, though Zelo still liked the band. He also picked up a pair of Black skinny jeans which happened to be lying around. He quickly changed, throwing his school stuff into a pile and placing it on his bed, groaning as he banged his head on Jiyongs top bunk. He wondered if there would ever be a day where he didn't bang his head off the bunk bed, but today wasn't that day.


 

Once changed he made his way into the living room were Boa sat with a pink long sleeved top and white jeans on her lap. She grinned when she saw Zelo and she took of her school shirt and Zelo pulled the pink top onto her small frame. She then took of her trousers and Zelo helped her step into her trousers before letting her fix the button herself though it took a while as Boa struggled slightly. Zelo then pulled her shoes on and he himself pulled his shoes on as he picked out Boas warmest jacket and helping her fit into it before pulling his own on. He grabbed some money and slipped that and his mobile into his pocket before leaving the house, pulling Boa with him.


 

The park wasn't a far walk from their apartment and Boa kept the walk entertaining with her childish rambling. Once they reached the park Boa immediately ran towards the swing park, jumping to the swing and Zelo ran after her jumping onto the swing next to hers.


 

“Oppa, can you push me?” Boa asked putting on a cute voice which she only used when she wanted something. Zelo rolled his eyes at the girls aegyo but stood up from his swing and started to push his sister. Boa let out a squeal as she reached higher and higher, her hair whipping her face as she swung.


 

“Zelo?” A deep voice asked and Zelo turned round smiling when he spotted the elder boy, of course Zelo being Zelo he never spotted the swing coming back and thus having it connect with his back causing both Boa to fall of her swing and for Zelo to fall forward into the sand. Zelo let out a groan as he stood cradling his back, Yongguk running forward to check on the younger boy.


 

“Are you okay?” Yongguk asked placing a hand on the youngers back. Zelo nodded his head, rubbing his aching back as he bent down to help a sniffling Boa up.


 

“Are you okay, I didn't hurt you did I?” Zelo fretted, searching for any marks on the younger, but she simply rubbed her eyes hiccuping slightly as she held out a red hand. She must have fallen onto it when she fell, Zelo reckoned. He took the hand in his, rubbing it slightly before placing a kiss on it. “Better?” Zelo asked and Boa smiled nodding her head.


 

“Who's that Oppa?” She asked pointing at Yongguk and Yongguk gave the girl a gummy smile waving at her.


 

“This is my friend Yongguk Hyung. He's really nice,” Zelo replied and Boa smiled up at the tall boy shying away from him slightly as she held onto Zelos jacket. Zelo shook his head as he stood, the girl now wrapping herself around his leg.


 

“What are you doing here anyway Hyung? You don't seem like the kind of guy that would be walking alone in a park,” Yongguk shook his head, lifting the leash in his hand that Zelo hadn't previously noticed.


 

“I was walking Tiny, he'll be around here somewhere. He's surprisingly easy to lose...” Yongguk explained as he stood on his tip toes to see if he could see his dog. Yongguk raised his fingers to his lip as he whistled loudly and a loud bark was heard in the distance. Sure enough a large dog came bounding forward, it's tongue lapping away as it grinned and pounced on Yongguk making him stumble backwards as the dog happily at his face. Yongguk pushed the dog down as he clipped the leash onto his collar.


 

“Tiny?” Zelo asked sceptically as the dog was anything but, on it's hind legs it was equal height to Yongguk. The dog looked like a husky, though slightly fluffier and it's under belly and paws were white while the rest of the dog was a light grey colour.


 

“My sister named him. He was really small when he was a pup, but he's grown since then, but the names stuck.” Yongguk explained, ruffling the dogs head softly and rubbing it's ears, jumping back as the dog tried to attack him with kisses again. Zelo laughed at the display and he carefully the dogs back, the dog yapping happily at him as he sat and panted happily. “Of course he likes you, he never sits when I tell him to,” Yongguk complained, gesturing to the dog.


 

“What breed is he? A husky?” Zelo asked as he rubbed Tiny's belly, the dogs leg twitching instinctively.


 

“He is a... Alaskan Malamute, I forgot there,” Yongguk let out a deep chuckle again. Zelo hadn't heard of such a breed before but he would just roll with it.


 

“Oppa, can I touch the doggie?” Boa asked, eyeing the dog carefully. Yongguk nodded his head, bending down so he was level with Boa and the dog.


 

“Of course, he loves kids.” Yongguk smiled to the young girl and Boa hesitantly raised her hands towards the door, giggling when Tiny her hand. “See he's a big softy.” Yongguk smiled as he ruffled his ears, Boa copying him softly the dogs ears.


 

“Can I play with him?” Boa asked, and Yongguk nodded his head handing her the slightly chewed tennis ball he had brought with him from home. He handed it to Boa and prompted her to throw it. She gave Yongguk a nervous look before throwing the ball quite hard for someone her age, and Tiny immediately went scampering after it, almost tripping over his large paws. He came running back, dropping the ball in front of Boa again as they continued the game of fetch. While the two played Yongguk and Zelo sat on the park bench, watching the two play.


 

“So you're definitely not coming tonight?” Yongguk asked, pouting slightly. Zelo laughed at his supposedly 'cute' face before shaking his head.


 

“I want to go and enjoy myself, but I have work.” Zelo told him, forgetting about his earlier lie, but Yongguk remembered.


 

“I thought you were babysitting?” Yongguk asked and Zelo panicked.


 

“Uh, I am. I mean... I'm not but...” Zelo let out a sigh as he pressed the palm of his hands into his eyes. Zelo felt Yongguk place a hand on his shoulder.


 

“It's okay. No need to panic.” Yongguk chuckled as he rubbed soothing circles into his back, which actually helped calm the younger.


 

“It's just... I work at Pulse. Which is why I didn't want to go, because it's embarrassing, because you'll see me there, and it's just embarrassing because like I have to work a lot, which makes me sound poor, well I am poor but still. Please don't think I’m poor Hyung!” Zelo cried, clinging onto Yongguks arm. Yongguk the boys head softly.


 

“Zelo I wouldn't think any less of you. In fact it's a pretty brave thing providing for your family at such a young age, and I’m sure everyone else would think the same.” Yongguk reassured him. Zelo sat up nodding his head.


 

“Thanks for understanding Hyung, it means a lot.” Zelo smiled, and Yongguk smiled back.


 

“Of course, it's no big deal.” Yongguk grinned. They continued to talk about random daily things as they watched Boa and Tiny playing, stopping to join in with the game of fetch. It wasn't until the sun had set that Yongguk stood up looking at his watch.

“It's getting late and I have to get ready for tonight, but I’ll see you tonight?” Yongguk asked and Zelo nodded his head.


 

“Yeah of course. I'll be around somewhere so I might bump into you guys. Anyway I should also head, because I need to make sure Jiyong is up for work as well, and also because I don’t want to keep Boa out too long. But it was nice seeing you again.” Zelo smiled, and Yongguk patted his back as they made their way over to Boa and tiny, both of which seemed to be tired out. Zelo bent down, picking Boa up and resting her on his hip as she held onto his neck and rested her head on his shoulder.


 

“Tired?” Zelo asked, bouncing Boa softly. Boa nodded her head tickling Zelos shoulder slightly. “I should go then, see you tonight.” Zelo waved slightly as he cuddled Boa close to himself as he started to walk away.


 

“Wait!” Yongguk jogged up to him, Tiny following his heel. “Let me walk you home? Please, I'll just end up worrying the whole night if I don’t” Yongguk explained and Zelo nodded his head, jumping slightly to stop Boa from sliding down as she had fallen asleep against his shoulder.


 

So they started to head back to Zelos apartment which wasn't a long walk. They walked in silence mostly, not uncomfortable silence more the silence where nothing needed to be said. It was quite relaxing having Yongguk walking with him, even if he wasn't talking his presence was unnaturally calming. They reached the door in record timing.


 

“Here, do you want me to take Boa?” Yongguk asked once he noticed Zelo struggling to get his keys and such out of his pocket while also balancing the girl on his hip. Zelo nodded and carefully handed Boa to him. Yongguk carefully cradled the girl softly onto his own hip, her hair as she had stirred slightly while she was being moved. Zelo managed to successfully open the door, motioning for Yongguk to come in as he held the door open, tiny running in anyway.


 

They made their way into the apartment, Boa not stirring at all despite his movement. It wasn't until Zelo led Yongguk into her room and when he laced the girl down on the bed that she stirred again not letting go of Yongguks neck, so Zelo had to pry the girls fingers off his neck. Zelo tucked her into bed kissing her head softly as he stood and made his way into the living room.


 

“I need to get ready soon, my mum will be wondering where I went.” Yongguk told him, patting his thigh for tiny to come to him, which he did.


 

“Yeah of course, but I'll see you tonight, okay?” Zelo asked, smiling brightly and Yongguk grinned back, leaning in to kiss him on the cheek casually as friends, because that's what friends do obviously.


 

“Get a room, preferably not ours though.” A sleepy voice drawled from the doorway making both of the boys jump. They stared at the half elder, who simply scratched his messy blond hair as he pushed past the two boys that now stood awkwardly in the hall. “Also Zelo, use a , don't get pregnant or some .” Jiyong yawned, stretching his arms. Zelo turned a bright red colour as he glared daggers into the elder.


 

“Hyung, we weren't doing anything! Also I’m a boy I can't get pregnant!” Zelo complained, his voice going high pitched to his own dismay.


 

“I don't know Jun, You're pretty damn girly.” Jiyong laughed as he made his way into the kitchen. Zelo groaned in frustration, turning around to hit his head off the wall behind him.


 

“You're so embarrassing Hyung! Go away~” Zelo complained, hiding his face behind his hands as he was blushing so hard.


 

“You love me reall- OH MY GOD, WHO'S DOG IS THAT!” Jiyong rushed back into the hall, sliding on his knees as he started to rubs the dogs head, causing Tiny to bark happily and Jiyongs face. “What's his name?” Jiyong asked as he kissed the dogs muzzle.


 

“Tiny...” Yongguk mumbled and Jiyong stared up at him, a judging look on his face.


 

“Really? Tiny? That's the best you could come up with?” Jiyongs voice revealing how much he was judging the younger.


 

“He was tiny as a puppy, so the name stuck,” Yongguk explained, embarrassed at the ironic name choice. Jiyong simply shook his head as he went back to baby talking to the dog, cooing at it as if it were a young child.


 

“Aren't you a pretty doggy? Who's a pretty doggy! You're a pretty doggy!” Jiyong laughed as the dog barked, waving its tail as if it were telling him that yes, indeed he was a very very pretty doggy.


 

“Hyung, can you go away now, I'm trying to say goodbye to Yongguk.” Zelo rubbed his temples, trying hard not to shout at his Hyung and embarrass himself even more.


 

“Well it's not like you were going to do anything, so say goodbye with me here. I'll just sit right here~” Jiyong grinned as he sat down right beside the door, watching the two younger boys stand awkwardly. Zelo cleared his throat, cursing how pale he was because it meant that blushes were even more prominent on his skin, and he was most likely blushing now.


 

“So I'll see you later?” Zelo said, ignoring his Hyungs annoying eyes on him. Yongguk nodded his head hugging the younger boy.


 

“Of course, I'll see you tonight.” Yongguk smiled as he made his way to the door, tiny panting at his heel as he followed his owner. “Bye Jiyong-sshi.” Yongguk bowed and Jiyong smiled from his spot on the floor, waving his arm happily. “Bye Zelo-ah.” Yongguk waved again to Zelo as he shut the door behind him once he was sure Tiny's large tail wouldn't get stuck in the door.


 

“Hyung, don't even bother saying anything.” Zelo rolled his eyes on his brothers eating grin.


 

“I wasn't going to say anything~” Jiyong grinned as he ruffled Zelos hair as he walked past him to the kitchen. 

 

* * *

A/N on next chapter!