Chapter 1

The New Kid

Zelo had never been much of a morning person, and having a bucket of water dunked on you when you're sleeping is never a pleasant way to wake up.

 

“What the !” Zelo exclaimed, jumping up from his bed, pulling his soaking clothes away from himself, pulling his shirt off as he shivered. He turned to glare at his older brother Jiyong who was now doubled over with laughter, an empty bucket in his hand.

 

“Oh my god, you should have seen your face. I should have brought my camera” Jiyong wheezed as he rubbed his eyes with his fist clenched then brushing his currently bleach blonde hair out of his face. Zelo glared at his Hyung, pushing the older out the room as his brother simply laughed more.

 

Now that he was fully awake Zelo saw that he was late for school. Well not late, but he would have to skip showering if he wanted to get to school on time. Thanking the gods that he had showered last night Zelo quickly dried himself with a towel he had lying in his room before putting his school uniform on.

 

Leaving his room he was met with his younger sister Boa. Boa was just his stepsister but Zelo loved her like she was his flesh and blood. She was absent-mindedly picking at the bottom of her school skirt as she ate her cereal. Zelo smiled at the younger girl, internally awing at how cute she looked with her brown hair in pigtails. She looked up as she heard someone enter and she smiled at the older boy.

 

“Morning Oppa!” The girl smiled brightly, her eyes squinting and all her teeth showing as she grinned happily to her Oppa. Zelo ran his hands through her pigtails and helped the younger girl stand, fixing her skirt that had twisted round when she sat.

 

“Morning, Boa. You ready to leave?” Zelo asked, to which the younger answered with a simple nod of her head. Zelo nodded his head in reply and he held the girls hand as they made their way to school.

 

The entire way Boa talked about all the things she had been doing at school and what she and her friend Jumie had been doing. Zelo smiled and continued to nod, letting out the odd 'oh' and 'aw' when necessary. Reaching Boa's school didn't take long as it wasn't to far from their apartment. Zelo noticed Jumie with her big brother Jinyoung. Once Boa spotted her friend she ran to her hugging her friend to which Jumie simply awkwardly tried to shimmy out of the hug.

 

“Good Morning, Jumie” Zelo smiled to the younger girl, the younger girl had to crane her neck to see Zelos face but she smiled never the less despite the awkward angle.

 

“Morning Zelo Oppa” the girl smiled waving to the boy. Zelo grinned before nodding to the girls adoptive brother.

 

“Hello Hyung! Did you do the maths homework due today?” Zelo asked, laughing as he watched Jinyoung's face contort into one of horror as realisation dawned on him. “Take that as a no then?” Zelo laughed. Jinyoung nodded his head vigorously

 

“Please let me copy Zelo-Ah. I'll do anything!” Jinyoung begged, clasping his hands together putting on his best aegyo face. Zelo scoffed and rolled his eyes.

 

“You've been hanging out with your Appa to much. But fine, I'll let you copy at interval” Zelo gave in, wincing as Jinyoung grabbed him in a bone crushing hug. When Zelo was released from the hug he rubbed his arms to try and revive feeling in them.

 

“Anyway, Girls, you should go in now. Umma will be there to pick you up after school okay?” Jinyoung bent down so he was on level with the younger girl. Jumie nodded and wrapped her arms around her brothers arms. Jinyoung hugged the girl back before letting her go.

 

“You too, Boa. Jiyong will come pick you up after school ok? I'll see you later” Zelo hugged his sister and waved goodbye as the two girls made their way into school. One they saw the girls were in side the two boys started running to their high school.

 

~

 

Running to and from school was the only reason that Zelo wasn't obese. When he and Jinyoung reached the school the bell had just rang, so the two boys, both red in the face and huffing madly, made their way to their separate home rooms.

 

Reaching his class Zelo quickly found his seat throwing his bag on the floor next to him as he sat back against the chair. He sat quietly as he waited for Jongup to arrive. He didn't have to wait long as Jongup walked into class a minute later and sat himself down on the seat next to Zelo.

 

“Morning Zelo-Ah” Jongup smiled, his eyes lighting up. Zelo smiled at his friend, moving his bag out of the way.

 

“Morning Hyung. Did you do the maths homework?” Jongup nodded, setting his own bag down next to him.

 

“Yeah, It was quite easy. Himchan was telling me that there is a new kid in his class, so is it okay if Himchan brings him to yours later when we hang out? It's just he doesn't seem to talk much and You know what Himchan is like, he is hell bent on getting the boy to talk to him.” Jongup sighed, Shaking his head at the thought of his elder.

 

“Yeah, that's fine. As long as they don't try anything funny around Boa, or try to embarrass me in front of Jiyong Hyung then yeah, of course” Zelo replied, fixing his blazer as he spoke. Jongup smiled back and nodded his head, getting his phone out to text Himchan.

 

“Moon Jongup, Phone away. Class is starting now!” A voice barked causing all the students in the room to straighten up and causing Jongup to drop his phone in fright. Though everyone was intimidated by Mr. Lee if you were on his good side he was actually a pretty good guy, though he was still one of the most intimidating teachers in the school.

 

“Sorry sir. Yes sir” Jongup bowed his head, putting his phone into his pocket, blushing with embarrassment at being caught.

 

“Now, listen up and speak and you'll have to deal with 50 lines reading “I need to shut up when Mr. Lee is talking” Ok. Good” The class was deadly silent as the teacher read out the register, the only voices being those of 'here, sir' or 'their absent, sir'. Once the register was done the room sat in complete silence as Mr. Lee sat on his computer doing what Zelo could only assume to be official teacher things. The bell rang and the class let out a collective sigh as they headed to their next class.

 

Zelo was in English with Gongchan and Jinyoung, and as much as Zelo loved English he couldn’t deal with the constant between his two Hyungs.

Once Zelo reached the class he sat behind the already chatting Hyungs. The boys turned round slightly so they were facing Zelo more.

 

“hey Zelo! Himchan Hyung told me that he was going to bring the new kid to your house are you okay with that?” Jinyoung asked, resting his arms on Zelos desk. Zelo nodded his head.

 

“Yeah, as long as he doesn't try anything with Boa then yeah, he can come. Speaking of which, how is Jumie, she still working on her whole no touching thing” Zelo asked, resting his chin on his hand with his elbow planted onto the desk. Jinyoung nodded.

 

“Yeah, she has became much better actually. She is fine when it comes to hugging Umma and Appa, and me of course but everyone else she is still shy around. Also you know what Jumie is like she was too shy to ask, but would it be okay for Boa to come visit maybe? My Umma will run her home in time for dinner, or she could even have dinner at ours?” Zelo couldn't stop a smile from growing on his face, Boa had never been very good with people and it was comforting to know that she was fitting in now.

 

“Yeah of course! Also she can have dinner at yours if that's what you want, I'm not fussed but text me what's happening anyway because I need to know if I should make her dinner or not” Jinyoung nodded his head in agreement.

 

Jinyoung nodded his head turning to face the front as the professor walked into the class, setting his work down on her desk. He smiled at the class before sitting down.

 

“Right class, today we will be working on how to greet someone in English. Anyone here confident enough to try?” Mr. Woo asked, looking around the class as everyone tried to avoid his stare. He let out a sigh, a smile gracing his lips. “Guys” He moaned, stringing out the vowels. “You aren't going to learn anything if you don't try! Come on it isn't that hard. I'll give a demonstration. Uhm... Zelo! Can you come to the front of the class please” Zelo cursed his height as it was practically impossible to hide from anyone at such a height. Zelo stood up and made his way over to the front of the class, standing slightly taller than the teacher.

 

“Right, So if I were to greet you in English I would say 'Hello it's nice to see you' And then we would shake hands. So you try” Mr. Woo smiled his eyes glowing slightly. Zelo his lips shaking the teachers hands.

 

It's uh.. nicuh to meet.. you?” Zelo asked, bowing. Mr. Woo smiled.

 

“See that was perfect! Minus the bowing as in America or Britain you don't bow when meeting people unless it is someone really important, like the president or the queen.” Mr. Woo explained, gesturing for Zelo to sit down, which he did gladly.

 

The class continued as normal and it didn't take long for the bell to ring signalling interval. Zelo made sure to hand his maths jotter to Jinyoung before heading off to find Jongup.

 

It didn’t take long for Zelo to find Jongup sitting at the usual place, which was in the corner of the cafeteria next to the windows. He was sitting with his two Hyungs, Daehyun and Youngjae, both of which were stuffing their mouths with the random assortment of snacks that Daehyun always seemed to produce out of thin air. Zelo made his way over to his Hyungs, greeting them all happily as he sat down next to them.

“Zelo, do you want some Kimchi my Umma made?” Daehyun asked, handing the food over the table, holding it up for Zelo. Zelo shook his head, politely declining the food.

 

“No thanks, Hyung. I was saying, are you guys still coming to mine today? Himchan Hyung is bringing the new kid over” Zelo asked, leaning his elbows onto the table so he was sitting closer to his friends. Daehyun and Youngjae both nodded.

 

“Yeah of course! Will Jiyong be there?” Youngjae asked, his voice getting slightly higher pitched. Everyone at the table rolled their eyes as it was not a hidden fact that the boy harboured feelings for Zelos brother. The only one who seemed to be annoyed by the question was Daehyun.

 

“Well he should be there, unless he goes out with his friends. And Boa is staying with Jumie so we can have the house to ourselves for a while.” Zelo laughed as Youngjae's face lit up. “Honestly I don't get what you see in him, he's weird and gross and annoying and a pain in the and the worst to live with” Zelo complained, shaking Youngjae as if shaking him would make it clearer that Jiyong wasn't as good as Youngjae made him out to be.

 

“Yeah, I don't get what you see in him. I mean you could do sooo much better” Daehyun complained, chewing his food with a look of slight anger and jealousy. It was easy to tell that Daehyun fancied the younger but Youngjae was always so oblivious when it came to people liking him. Youngjae sighed.

 

“But he's so hot. Oppa~” Youngjae pouted, resting his head on his arms. Daehyun almost choked on his food causing Jongup to have to pat his back repeatedly.

 

“You did NOT just call Jiyong Oppa. That's just gross” Zelo complained covering his ears and pouting at his Hyung.

 

“Sometimes I wish I was a girl, I mean like I'm already smoking hot and have the body for it and then I might be in with a chance when it comes to Jiyong Hyung” Youngjae sighed sitting up again.

 

“the weird thing is imagining you as a girl is totally a thing, I mean it wouldn't make much difference considering the fact that you're already the queen of bottoming” a voice behind them made the boys turn and a smile grew on Zelos face as he ran to hug his Hyung.

 

“Himchannie Hyung!” Zelo shouted, letting go of the hug to let Jongup hug his boyfriend.

 

“I don't know Himchan, you're not bad at bottoming yourself” Jongup grinned and it reminded Zelo of a Cheshire cat slightly. Himchan blushed and laughed.

 

“Hush Jongup, not at school pabo. Also the new kid that I’ll be bringing to yours later is just in a meeting right now, so I’m afraid you can't meet him until he comes over. But I’m sure you will love him, Yongguk Hyung is a really nice guy” Himchan gushed, sitting down on Jongups lap. “Plus he is really buff” Himchan laughed when Jongup pouted and bit his shoulder, wrapping his arms around his waist.

 

“I'm buff to” Jongup pouted, hiding his face in Himchans back. Himchan turned his body around to pat the younger boy.

 

“Of course you are baby.” Himchan cooed patting Jongups head softly. Jongup immediately grinned happily, his face lighting up.

 

“Anyway, speaking of totally gross cheesy couples, Zelo! Do you have a girlfriend yet? Or a boyfriend? Because Yongguk looks like he could be your style.” Himchan casually mentioned, reaching forward to steal a bit of Daehyuns food. Zelo blushed and stuttered slightly.

 

“N-No, I'm still single.” Zelo blushed, scratching his neck awkwardly. Himchan cooed and leaned forward pinching Zelos cheeks.

 

“Omo, so cute!” Himchan smiled, releasing Zelos cheek and instead lying back so his back was pressed against Jongups chest, his head leaning on Jongups shoulder.

 

“I'm not cute! I'm manly” Zelo pouted rubbing his now sore cheek. “Also, thanks but no thanks. I'm fine being single right now” Zelo blushed once more, his lips. Himchan rolled his eyes.

 

“No one likes being single, not even the strictest of nuns want to be single. The only time It's okay to be single is when you are like 14 and under, and last time I checked you were 16, not 14. So it's settled I’m setting you up with Yongguk.” Himchan crossed his arms, glaring at Zelo, his look asking for him to object and be met with pain. Zelo just sighed and shook his head.

 

“I can't be bothered fighting you Hyung, so okay then. Though if I don't like him after tonight then nothing is going to happen between us, got it?” Himchan grinned and nodded his head, a cheeky grin on his face as he laughed to himself.

 

“It's a deal.”

 

~

 

The rest of the day went as normal, Zelo still hadn't met Yongguk and despite lending Jinyoung his book he never finished it and thus got into deep trouble with Mr. Ahn as Jinyoung had to attend detention during lunch.

 

It wasn't until after school when Zelo was standing with Jongup that he finally managed to meet Yongguk.

 

Zelo was staring at the older man, momentarily shocked at how handsome the man was. Even from a far he could tell that Himchans words were true, Yongguk was definitely buff, and his short black hair suited his face so well. He was currently laughing at something Himchan had said, his face scrunching up in the cutest way, as a gummy smile graced his lips. Zelo couldn’t help but stare at the man who was currently walking towards Jongup and himself.

 

“Someone's love struck” Jongup laughed, nudging Zelo in the ribs pulling his stare away from Yongguk to stare at his friend. Zelo blushed, scratching his neck.

 

“I'm not in love pabo, he's just really hot” Zelo gushed, suddenly feeling like Youngjae when he is around Jiyong.

 

“Well thank you” A deep voice chuckled, making Zelo jump out of shock as he turned to meet the very hot Yongguk for the first time.

 

Great first impression Zelo, A plus.
 

I know it isn't the best and that a lot of improvement is needed but I am willing to take any criticism on board, and I hope that you enjoy and sub and comment, though you don't have to!

 

So anyway, big thanks to ChaeBoa and KoreansMakeMeCry as they helped with my headcannons and who should be doing what and I have big hopes for this story in the future so yes, stay tuned.

Also my headcannon for Boa is Lauren from MBLAQ Hello Baby

And for Jumie it's Eunsol from B1A4 Hello Baby

Of course, in your head they can look like whatever but anyway. 

So yeah, Thank you guys and Farewell! Have a lovely day ^-^