Chapter 5~

The Darkness' Light

 

~Leeteuk’s POV~

 

It’s been a month since school started for my two little dongsaengs and I can’t help to notice that Taemin-ah somehow looks happier but at the same time more sad. One day I asked Onew-ah to bring me Taemin so we could talk. Now that I mention it, Onew had been acting strange lately… Note to self, talk to Onew-ah later...

“Hello hyung! What’s the matter?” asked Taemin when he entered the room.

“I’ve noticed some changes in you”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Some days you come really happy from school and you even laugh if a bee passes by. And when you’re that happy your wings show more often and yes I’ve seen you fly with Key-ah and I know it was you guys who stole Shindog’s secret letters to Nari and put them in her room.”

“Yeah, sorry about that…” said an embarrassed Taemin.

“I know, but anyway, you’re happy one day and the next day you wake up sad and I think that I’ve even heard you cry, why Taemin-ah? Something wrong? Do you have a crush? Are you scared of confessing?”

“I don’t know hyung, I like someone but that’s not the thing that bothers me.”

“What is it?” asked Leeteuk.

“I’ve been having strange dreams of a guy telling me sorry over and over again. He seems weak and sad. Sometimes he tells me stories and even asks for you. The weird thing is that I feel like I know him and he kinda looks like me. Weird right?”

I was honestly left speechless. It was no doubt that it’s him.

“And the saddest part is that every time he cries and begs for forgiveness, I feel like I’m the bad guy and also, he reminds me of the new kid in school. And those dreams are more frequent the past few days. Is it normal hyung?” asked Taemin.

“I don’t know but just rest.” I said and patted his head.

“Okay hyung!” he said happily and left.

Great. I almost forgot how it happened and that next week is the anniversary of when it happened. I hope I could forgive and forget but no. One day I knew that something bad was gonna happened. If only it didn’t happened in the first place…

“Hyung! Would you love me even if I am a baddie?” asked a 3 year old Heechul.

“I know that deep inside, you will never be a baddie Heechul-ah.” Answered a 4 year old Leeteuk.

“Thanks hyung!” said an excited Heechul.

 

~Heechul’s POV~

 

Should I be worried or happy? I’m still fighting myself over this. Minho-ah seems more energetic and (I hate to say it) charismatic than ever. He’s getting along with almost everyone of our tribe. He has change so drastically that even Sulli and Yesung have no idea why. Why is my little dongsaeng so happy? Not that is a problem honestly but why?

“Heechul-hyung, I heard you were looking for me.” Said one of my closest friend, Youngwoon, but everyone called him Kangin.

“Yes, I was gonna ask you if you have seen Minho-ah, different…you know at school…” I stutterered. Kangin was the Judo coach of the school and I trusted him to “mingle” with humans because he isn’t like Kyuhyun, you know, vengeful.

“Not that I know of, he always hangs out with Jonghyun and sometimes with the new friends Sulli and Luna. Oh! And in the afternoons he helps Amber clean the gym.”

“Any enemies that you may know of that is disturbing any of our dongsaengs?”

“Not that I know of. Well, I think that one of my students isn’t comfortable with then but he causes no harm. That kid is a klutz.” Kangin chuckled.

“Ok then, thank you Kangin-ah!” When I was gonna leave he stopped me.

“I’ll talk with my student’s guardian just in case, ne? And if you want to talk, you know you could talk with either of us Heechul-ah!” he said and left.

I sighed. We are dark angels aka dark forces but we treat each other like family. In other words, mess with one of us and you wished you were never born. And I have to say, ever since I’ve met that handsome waiter at the café, I’ve started to have weird dreams of a little boy saying “Come back hyung, I need you” and I always respond with a “Maybe” or “We’ll see” or I just cry of sadness. Where am I supposed to return? And if I did returned, can I bring Minho-ah and Sulli-ah? I just want an answer…

“Hyung, do you think that our new dongsaengs will like me?” asked a 13 year old Heechul.

“Are you kidding? They’ll love you! Just don’t scare them like you always do to Yoona-ah, Shindong or Siwon…” replied a 14 year old Leeteuk.

“Ne hyung, I’ll try to be the best hyung ever just like you!”

“Aigoo, your just too cute Heechul-ah!”

“Hyung! I’m not a little kid anymore!” whined Heechul.

 

~Leeteuk’s POV~

 

I went to sleep crying. Was Heechul trying to communicate with Taemin, or he is just playing a game. How did my little brother turned into a monster?

“You don’t remember me?”

“Why should I?”

“You should!”

His words still hurt. Why should I? I should have answered “Because your my brother”. I went to sleep remembering the good times…

 

~Flashback, Leeteuk’s POV~

 

“Umma’s coming home! Umma’s coming home!” said an excited bubbly 2 year old whom I called my brother.

“I know Heechul-Ah! Would you calm down for a minute?”

“Ne, hyung!”

I was babysitting my baby brother while our parents went to settle an alliance (whatever that is) with other angels. I can’t believe it! Our tribe is gonna be bigger! I can’t wait to tell Siwon!

“Hyung! When is Umma coming home?~” Heechul whined.

“Soon baby bro, you’ll see.”

But then, some of the elders came towards us. They seemed serious and I could tell it was not good. Heechul-ah, hid behind me. I hate it when my little brother is scared. I remembered that the next second passed in slow motion. I only remember the elders saying some words and Heechul and I ended crying.

“Your father passed away while he was fighting the dark forces. Your mother is in a coma.” They said.

Umma woke up from her coma a week later and appa was buried the day after. Heechul-ah couldn’t stop crying. At least umma was taking it better. One day I went to Heechul’s room and I found him crying, again.

“Heechul-ah, please stop crying” I begged.

“I can’t hyung, appa is gone.” He said.

“I know, but we both know he was fighting for us. He is now in a much better place and one day we’ll see him again, you’ll see.”

“Really?”

“Ne, and you know that I will always be here.”

“I know hyung, please don’t leave me.”

“Never, Heechul-ah…”

A year after our dad day, it was Heechul’s 4th birthday. I was happy and sad that my dongsaeng was growing up and when I thought that he was over our father’s death until I saw him crying under the famous old oak tree.

“Heechul-Ah, why are you crying?” I asked.

“Hyung, I’m scared.” He sniffed.

“Why?”

“Of being away from you when I grow up. I don’t want to be alone.”

“You will always have me dongsaeng, I’m not leaving you, I’m your hyung forever!”

"Promise?"

"Promise."

After that day, Heechul became livelier. Umma and us were so happy and we would visit appa’s grave every year. When Heechul turned 13 and I turned 14, we founded out that our umma finally founded love again. We’ve met him before and he really was a nice guy. I hope appa will bless umma’s happiness from heaven. Oh and we were gonna have two new dongsaengs. Heechul was happy because he was going to be a hyung at last. He couldn’t stop babbling about it until we met our new step-brothers: Lee Donghae and Lee Jinki. Donghae was a really nice guy and you would see him often giving food to the animals at our little park. Jinki, who was barely an infant, showed signs of being a future klutz and had a high pitched voice. I think we may have an amazing singer at our family. Our lives was changing for the better until Heechul met him…

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know, i know, boring chapter. I'm so sorry. Anyway, in the next chapter, the mysterious guy who cursed Heechul would be revealed! Who do you think ot is?

Thanks to my new subs! I'm so happy ur enjoying the story!

Enjoy! :)