Finally?

The Reality You Wanted

The next morning, you awoke in your bedroom. A paper was neatly folded on your night stand with a picture of a strangely drawn chicken on it. Still in a slight daze, you got up and shivered at the immediate coldness you felt. You were feeling better, but your nose was still clogged and you still had a small headache. You walked to your closet, pulling on a thick and oversized sweater, as well as some fluffy socks. You scratched your head, realizing you hadn't showered at all the day before. "How gross..."  

You dug around for clean clothes and underwear, then left your room to head for the bathroom. You heard quiet snoring from your living room, which was dark from the blinds being shut and the lights being off, and curiously peeked around it. Half-expecting and half-hoping it was Taemin for some reason, you were kind of disappointed that it was just Matthew. Still, it was weird how you ened up in your bed. 

You shrugged and headed to the bathroom, reveling in the hot water covering your body. After finishing and drying yourself off, you blowdried your hair and lazily pulled it into a bun. You decided to wear the oversized sweater, which actually belonged to your real brother back home, and quickly realized that you hadn't packed yet. You half-ran into the living room and shook Mattie awake, nearly dragging him to his feet. How had you forgotten that you were going home?! 

You told Mattie to start packing, rushing into your own room and checking your phone to see what day it was. You were leaving in three days!

"MATTHEW! OH MY GOODNESS." You rummaged through your clean clothes and hastily arranged them on your bed. You searched your room for the tickets, only to find the note still sitting on your night stand. You instantly stopped to pick it up, and saw it was from Taemin. 

"YO! You ate a lot of chicken, so it took effort to put you in bed! Jeez!
I like your calendar by the way, keke~ 
(I'm the coolest, right!?)
Anyways, you should come to a Gayo Daejun before you leave! 
I think your friend's group performs tomorrow...I mean today? 
Consider it your thank you to me!
~Taeminnie"

You laughed at his bluntness, and looked to see what calendar he was referring to. "OMO." You stared into the eyes of the three Taemin's, three Key's, three Minho's, three Jonghyun's, and three Onew's. You had forgotten about that calendar. The calendar that SM had released, and your friend had sent you. Stupid fangirl impulses. 

Mattie appeared in your doorway, still half-asleep. "Uhh. I have to perform later...?...I think..."

He scratched his head lazily, and you threw a sock at him. "And I'm coming!"

You knew these shows were difficult to get into, with the official fanclubs and whatnot. But this time, you had connections. And to a special stage, too! You smiled at yourself.

You folded the note and placed it into the drawer of the night stand, making sure that Matthew didn't notice. You pushed him out of your room, shutting the door behind him and continued to prepare.

A few hours later, Matthew knocked, and told you to hurry up if you wanted to come. You undid your hair and pulled it into a neater, yet still messy, bun. You changed into the only pair of jeans you hadn't folded yet and put aside yet; they were black and ripped in various places across the thigh. You pulled them on, cursing them for being so difficult since they were skinny jeans, yet contently smiled after zipping them. Skinny jeans were the best. Especially on people with nice legs. You enjoyed checking out people's clothes, always looking for interesting styles, and just checked the person out in the process. Why not, right?

You left your room, switching the lights off. Matthew threw a scarf at you before securing his own. You wondered how cold it actually was outside. It was only 4pm, so it couldn't be that cold.

Wrong. 

You started shivering when you stepped outside, gleefully pushing past Matthew to get in the van first. You greeted Chung Ho and Shin, who were already inside, and noticed that Kwang Sun wasn't there. You never rode with them before, so you assumed you were going to pick him up, too. Matthew sat between you and Shin in the back, making things less awkward. 

A few minutes of making small talk later, you arrived at an apartment building. Kwang Sun  slid the door open, sitting in the seat in front of you without saying anything. The others greeted him, Matthew being the only one you told about what happened, and continued to chat by themselves. You shifted as quietly as you could in your seat, and thankfully, Kwang Sun remained facing forward. 

Finally, you arrived at the TV station where the performances were being held. You were the last to get out, and their manager handed you a pass on a lanyard. You thanked him then caught up with Matthew. He eyed your pass, then raised an eyebrow.

"Well, someone's special." You smacked his arm and placed the lanyard around your neck. Of course you're special!

You smiled widely as you neared the entrance. Even being in the parking structure made you excited. An important looking man with a headset on let everyone in, stopping you to check your pass. He smiled at you, telling you to enjoy the show. You followed everyone down a hallway, not really paying attention to the instructions the manager was giving the boys. He told you where you could find a seat (in the front row, of course) and ushered the band into their waiting room. You cautiously entered, covering your mouth to stop you from screaming. So many idols were there just lounging, getting their makeup and hair done, and engrossed in their own conversations. 

"Hey! They match! How cute~!" You turned to see Jonghyun pointing at your pants and Key scanning your outfit. He smiled and waved you over. You left Mattie and went to stand with the cute JongKey brothers. Sometimes, fans shipped them way too hard, but it was hard not to understand why. Still, you were pretty sure nothing was going besides a close friendship between the two.

They were still dressed casually, well, as casual as Key can get, and didn't have anything done to their faces or hair yet. You didn't know who you were matching, but you kept an eye out for someone else dressed similarily to you. The three of you became absorbed in a conversation about the benefits of guyliner, not noticing the appearance of the other three SHINee members. Something made you laugh really hard, causing you to step back and bump into someone. You turned to apologize, seeing Taemin. He merely stuck his tongue out at you (you swore you guys could communicate through that). You stepped aside, now realizing that you had more company. You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, and you looked down only to find out that your battery was dying. And another pair of ripped black skinny jeans. 

"AHAHAHAHAHA. Taemin-ah~ We're twins today!" Surprised, Taemin looked down and started to laugh with you. The other guys just stared at you like you were a weirdo and continued to converse. Minho, the last to join back into the conversation, eyed the two of you with that ever knowing look. 

After a few more minutes of talking, they had to head to stage to practice their set. You happily followed, sitting in the front like Manager told you to. When the music started, their personas instantly changed into more serious and mature performers. If you didn't know them at all, you would've thought they were like that all the time. You became absorbed into their performance, staring intently at each of them. You wondered what it'd be like to be on stage, too, but you didn't think you'd be able to do it. Too much...work. You rubbed your belly while reveling in your naturally lazy self, snapping back to reality when the music stopped. You got up to follow them back into the waiting area, catching a small glimpse of f(x) walking on stage. Sulli was the only one who seemed to notice you, and you swore she wasn't giving you the friendliest of looks.

Back inside, you found Matthew, Chung Ho, and Shin getting their hair and makeup done. Apparently, Kwang Sun was helping MC so he would be in and out all night. You had the urge to use the bathroom, so you left to find one after telling SHINee that they did a great job.

You wandered around, wondering where the stupid toilet was, resorting to awkwardly hopping around trying to keep yourself from peeing in your pants. You passed various vending machines, which distracted you some more, then continued on your quest. You finally found the bathroom, and felt really refreshed after finishing. You skipped to the vending machine, assuming no one was around to watch you, since you never really exercised. There were so many choices in snacks! You decided on a pack of chocolate Pepero, munching on the sticks while absentmindedly meandering back to the waiting room. 

You were about to reach the door when she stopped you. You were halfway through your second-to-last stick and just wanted to finish them.

"Hey, you. Why are you here?" Sulli faced you with her hands on her hips. Any sign of cuteness from this girl faded from your memory and you stared at her in shock. You stuffed the rest of the stick into your mouth, chewed and swallowed. Were you not allowed to be there...?


P.S. The SHINee calendar has December 2010:

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/tokaboday/tumblrldcmdjbcwy1qf6au3.jpg

That is all (: