Banana Milk

The Reality You Wanted

"Fifth floor, room 507." you chanted, handing Matthew the slip of paper containing the code to the entrance and your apartment. The elevator dinged, acknowleding it's arrival. With all the suitcases inside, there was barely enough room for the two of you. Thankfully no one else was around. 

You reached your floor and began the short walk to your apartment when a girl appeared from 506. She was around your age, a bit shorter than you, and slightly oblivious to you as her earbuds were in. She started to walk towards the elevator, tripping on one of your bags. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed with a worried look on her face.

"It's ok~" you smiled at her and reached out your hand. "I'm _____. This is Matthew. We're from America."

"Nice to meet you! I'm Mi Hyun," she shook your hand and bowed, reminding you to bow as well. "America? How exciting! Well, uhm, I have to go, but I'll be back! You should come over for dinner later. I'm 18 by the way, well I guess 17 in America?"

"Oh, me too! We're...friends? And we'd love to!" Mi Hyun bowed again and walked towards the elevator. You hoped everyone in Korea was as nice as her.

Matthew opened the door and began pushing all the luggage inside. "Hey Mattie. I'm gonna go get some food. What do you want?"

"Do they have In'n'Out here?"

"...I don't think so, McDonalds?"

"Whatever."

You grabbed your bag and headed outside, taking the code paper from Matthew. Once outside, you started searching for the Golden Arches. Not truly disappointed in not being able to find them, you head to a convenience store near your new home, knowing they usually carry simple, ready to eat foods, and of course, banana milk. You smiled at yourself and began to browse.

"Doesn't Taemin-oppa like every milk?" two girls younger than you blocked the way to your milk, excitedly discussing strategies to steal their "oppa"'s heart. Milk would probably do for Lee Taemin.

"Uhh, excuse me...can I get some?" one of the girls glared at you while the other didn't even acknowledge your presence.

"It's Taemin-oppa's milk." she merely stated, turning back to the fully stocked shelf of drinks. You stared in disbelief. It's not like Taemin himself came into this exact store to buy milk, right? He probably has people to do that for him. You reach your hand to grab two bottles, only to have it slapped away by the same girl.

"YAH. I JUST WANT SOME MILK." you curse under your breath in English and quickly grab the milk before turning around (rather quickly) and running into a guy. "Ahh, I'm so sorry! Are you o-"

You look up at the man you just bumped into and hear small screams from the girls behind you. He smiled at you and you nearly died of embarrassment. You just ran into Choi Minho. What.

"It's ok, but don't do it again~" he smiled again and reached over to grab some banana milk as well. The two girls glared at you and began to fangirl over Minho. You bowed and quickly walked to the cashier to pay. Then, you nearly ran home.

"MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE." you violently shook your friend awake and told him what happened. He laughed at you and went back to sleep. You needed a girl to spaz to; thank God for the internet.


You thought you'd run into Taemin didn't you? DIDN'T YOU? Well that's to cliche! Kekeke~