Remember

Temptation

School that following Monday started off pretty mundane.

Chen and I joked around with our group in the morning and then he walked me to class, kissing my temple before walking away.

Sehun decided once again to sit right behind me just like on Friday and my teeth started chattering nervously. Was he going to bother me again like last time? Make us stay after class for another day? Two times in a row would not look too well on my record, I couldn’t really afford that. The best thing I could do today was to ignore him completely. Ignore the pressure of his feet resting on the basket under my desk. Ignore the brush of air coming from his mouth that hit my neck as he sighed, which caused the hairs to rise. Ignore the heat I felt on my back, or the creak of his chair as he moved around, trying to get comfortable…

My attention was brought to the front door as it swung open. Our teacher finally graced us with her unwanted presence. My class perked up once we saw a line of students trailing in behind her, and my eyes widened when I saw that Chen was a part of that group. I caught his eye and he grinned knowingly, winking at me and trying not to laugh at my shocked expression.

“Mrs. Chan is absent today, so some of her class will be sitting in here with us for the time being.” She turned to the pupils beside her, “take whatever open seats there are.”

Sadly, there were no open desks near me, so Chen ended up sitting three desks to my right. I tried to fight off the smile that was attempting to force its way to the surface by biting my lip, but I couldn’t help stealing glances at him. Yeonju elbowed me and raised her eyebrows suggestively and I batted her away.

During lecture, I tried my best to not look at Chen, but around four seconds in I glanced at him. He was already looking at me and once he grabbed my attention he mouthed, “I missed you.”

I made a show of rolling my eyes and mouthed back, “you just saw me.”

He replied by shrugging, “so?”

I shook my head and bit my lip again, returning my attention to the teacher.

After ten minutes, she handed out an assignment. I quietly answered the questions until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I spun around to see Sehun looking expectantly at me. I gulped, “what is it?”

He motioned to the paper lying on his desk, “I need help.”

“Oh?” I glanced at Mrs. Park and then at Yeonju, who wasn’t aware of the transaction, before returning my eyes to the boy. “Sure.”

Did my voice just crack? I wasn’t sure, but Sehun kinda smirked at me and chuckled once before leaning close to me, paper in hand. “I don’t understand question four…”

I nodded and tried to walk him through all the steps, my mind screaming at me the entire time. Once I helped him with that one, he proceeded to ask me about the following three, and for the next fifteen minutes we talked about triangles and degrees.

It was…nice?

Finally, He told me he understood it. I made the mistake of looking into his eyes and froze as he smiled brazenly, “Thank you, ______.” His eyes flickered somewhere else before meeting mine again and I nervously nodded, unable to speak.

I spun back around and took a few seconds trying to gather my bearings.

Why was he being so civil all of a sudden? It was making me suspicious.

But maybe I was thinking too much into it. Maybe he actually wanted to be friends. The seventh grader in me was all too excited about the possibility of really befriending the sullen boy behind me. I tried to swallow her down back to the year she belonged.

I was with Chen now, I needed to stop thinking this way about Sehun.

Chen….!

I turned to where he was to see that he was working in a book. He had earbuds in and was bobbing his head while mouthing the lyrics, in his own little world. He must have felt my gaze, because a second after I looked at him, he lifted his head, returning my stare. We smiled at each other before he turned back to his book.

I sighed, feeling a bit let down. When would a chance like this come again? When would we be able to flirt across a classroom again? Most likely never. He was passing on a perfect opportunity!!

Reluctantly, I finished my work, constantly peaking over at Chen to see if he finally wanted to play, but his eyes remained on the book in front of him. I turned my assignment in and then chatted with Yeonju for a while.

“Why aren’t you talking to Chen?” She asked. I pouted and shrugged and she seemed to read me well because she changed the subject. “Well… how did your date go? Did he like his gift? Did you get one?”

I nodded and proceeded to tell her what happened. I was actually wearing the necklace he gave me, so I showed it to her and she gushed over how romantic he was and how she needed to get a boyfriend herself.

The whole time I recounted my date with Chen, I felt eyes on me. Sehun’s eyes. He remembered the part I left out, and I stumbled over some words as his presence became overbearing.

When I was done telling Yeonju about Saturday night, I spun back in my seat and started putting my things away because class was almost over.

I felt Sehun do the same, but then he was leaning forward, hovering over me. His small pink lips grazing against my ear.

I froze and a chill went through me as he began to talk, “I know you don’t really know who I am, but I must confess something to you… I’ve been in love with you from the first moment I laid eyes on you, and it isn’t something I can just get over…”

My blood ran cold. He remembered.

He recited the first line of the love letter I wrote to him about four years ago.


A/N: whoo whoo, double update!! I know its not really, ok? haha. anywho, what do you think??? comments are much appreciated. Its starting to get more dramatic, huh? im trying here yall i truly am. Love ya!!