Anniversary

Temptation

The next day, I got ready for my date with Chen. The whole time I felt distracted, I couldn’t stop thinking about Sehun. About the way he thanked me, or the way his eyes seemed to liquefy as he stared at me…

I was reading too much into yesterday.

The ringing of my doorbell caused me to jump and come back to reality. Chen.

I quickly ran down the stairs in time to yank the door open before my parents could. Chen’s eyes widened as the door swung open and I appeared before him, and then he grinned that personal mischievous grin I adored so much, and I forgot all about Sehun.  

“You’re here,” I breathed, beaming.

“And on time,” he lifted his eyebrows and handed me a single pink flower.

I took it and opened the door wider, “come in.”

He crossed the threshold without hesitation and I lead him to the kitchen. This was the first time he had ever been at my house. In the kitchen were my parents, they turned to us curiously when we entered.

“Hey, guys,” I started as they stared at Chen and I. “This is Chen.”

“_______’s boyfriend,” Chen finished, wrapping an arm around my waist.

My parents lifted their eyebrows as they took us in.

“For how long?” My mother finally asked.

“Today is our month anniversary,” Chen informed, his smile wide and proud.

“And we are just now hearing about this?” My father glared at me and I shrugged.

“It slipped my mind. Anyway, we are leaving. I’ll be back soon, okay?”

They nodded and shook Chen’s hand before we finally left.

“Well, that went pretty well,” I sighed.

Chen laughed, “I think they like me.”

 

Once we were settled in his car (which he had borrowed from his mom), he drove us to our destination while we chatted a bit.

After about fifteen minutes, Chen pulled into a bubble tea shop that had opened a few months ago and was one of the newer hot spots for kids our age.

“This is where we’re going?” I asked, taking in the small shop.

Chen nodded, “is that alright?”

I glanced over at his anxious face and nodded before leaning over and placing a short yet sweet kiss on his lips, “it’s perfect. Let’s go!”

This had to be the coolest bubble tea shop in our area, they had flavors I didn’t even know existed. There were so many choices, I couldn’t make up my mind and Chen ended up buying me three different kinds.

He shook his head as he watched me swallow a mouthful of the pineapple mango and the go for the mint chocolate chip.

“You are something else,” he murmured around his straw as he continued to watch me test out my new drinks.

I glared at him and slurped obnoxiously as a reply, causing him to chuckle.

“I can’t believe we are together, not only that, but we have made it through our first month,” he said.

I nodded and he continued, “I had the hugest crush on you since I first met you freshman year, but I was too shy to really do anything about it. I regret that.”

“Why?”

“Because, if I had known you liked me back sooner, I wouldn’t have had so many nights where I had been wondering about all the what ifs. I would have had you already.”

I smiled shyly at him, “you stayed awake thinking about me?”

He glanced at the table and I watched in amusement as his cheeks turned red, “once or twice.”

“That’s so cute,” I sung and his face turned even redder.

“I really like you,” He whined before guzzling down his tea.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it until he could finally meet my gaze. Once he was looking at me, I leaned in a bit and whispered, “I really like you too, Chen.”

He smiled softly and rubbed his thumb against my knuckles, “good.”

We stared at each other for a moment, holding an intense conversation with our eyes.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” I said suddenly.

Chen chuckled, “the bubble tea finally reach you?”

I pouted, but he wasn’t wrong. No more chugging three teas at once for me.

Once I was done using the bathroom, I returned to see that Chen had a present sitting on the table.

I pointed at it as I sat down, “what is that?”

“Your gift.”

I dug into my purse and pulled out my gift for him too, “here is yours.”

He took it and opened it. There was a small notebook with music notes all over the cover as well as a picture of the two of us that Luhan had managed to take about two weeks ago. It was encased in a black frame that had the word ‘forever’ written on it in silver. I watched Chen’s eyes widen.

“The notebook is for you to write song lyrics in. I know how you and some of the other boys are taking this band thing seriously.”

“Thank you, _______. This is awesome.”

He handed me the small gift of his and I tore it open. I gasped when I saw an opal heart shaped charm dangling off of a white gold chain. The gem threw many colors from the dim lighting and I blinked rapidly.

“It’s beautiful, Chen,” I whispered, and lifted my head to look at him, but instead my sight was carried a bit to his right, behind him, where I locked eyes with someone else.

Where I locked eyes with Oh Sehun.

I froze once our eyes met and he lifted up his cup, taking a drink while grinning, and leaning back in his chair. He threw me a quick wink, and I looked away, back at the table, flustered.

Chen laughed, “You’re so cute when you blush, _______. But I meant what I said.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, blinking, trying and failing to remember what Chen just said.

“At least let me put it on you,” he said, rising from his seat and grabbing the necklace from my grip. I distractedly lifted my hair up so that he could latch the necklace around my neck, and unconsciously glanced back up to Sehun, who was still staring at me—his stare intense and intimidating.

I gulped and tried to calm down my racing heart.

My heart, that wasn’t racing because of the pressure of Chen’s lips against my temple. 



A/N: hehe, hi. Im so sorry for the mini hiatus, i had... not necessarily writer's block, but pure laziness. I apologize, but I'm going to try to focus more on this story. I promise. Anywho, whoawhoawhoa~~ what do you think about that ending??? i love it, haha. i hope you enjoyed and that this was worth the looooong wait. love you all :]