Feelings

Temptation

I was a bit hesitant to enter school the following day.

It was a weird sense of foreboding that sat heavily on my shoulders like a grey cloud.

With a deep breath, I opened the door to my classroom and quickly went to my seat, trying my best to ignore that shock of blond hair at the edge of my view.

“Your late,” Kim Yeonju, my only female friend, hissed at me from her seat beside mine.

I simply shrugged and pulled out my books, trying to pay attention to our teacher.

 

During lunch, I sat at my usual table: the biggest table in the cafeteria that was in the middle of the room. I sat sandwiched between Yeonju and Chen, pushing my cold rice around.

“You alright?” Chen asked me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and gazed up at him quickly.

He chuckled, but I could still see the worry in his dark eyes.

I nodded quickly, “yup. Just fine.” I tried to smile, but I felt jittery and my lips twitched.

He studied my face and sighed. He leaned closer so that his lips brushed against my ear, “what do you say we go to that smoothie shack after school?”

I didn’t really feel like it, but I really couldn’t say no to Chen, “alright. But you better buy me something.”

He smirked his little flirty grin and I felt my mood lighten, “anything your little heart desires.”

 

Once lunch had ended, we all separated and started to return to our classes. I felt someone tug on my wrist and glanced back to see Luhan.

I let him pull me to a deserted stairwell. His eyes were restless and his cheeks were pink from the cold.

“Are you alright?” I asked him nervously.

His lips were in a firm line and he finally looked at me, “has Sehun talked to you at all?”

I was taken aback by his question, “uh, no. Why? What’s happened?”

He shook his head, “Nothing’s happened, I just… I don’t know, I just feel like something will.”

I gulped, “I know what you mean.”

“You do?” His eyes widened and he took a deep breath, leaning his head back to stare at the ceiling. “I don’t like him being here, _____. You need to avoid him.”

“What do you think I’ve been doing all day?” I snapped at him. The bell rang and I sighed.

“Just promise me you’ll be careful…. Just in case.”

“You really believe that Sehun went to juvy, don’t you?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I have no idea where else he could of went. It’s logical, don’t you think?”

I just shrugged, “I told you, I’m over him. When he left, he took my feelings with him. I like Chen now.”

Luhan studied my face and then nodded, “are you guys dating yet?”

He started heading out and I followed him. “Not yet, but I think he’ll ask me today.”

“Good. He’s liked you since he first laid eyes on you.”

I groaned and rolled my eyes, “good bye, Lulu.”

He smirked and rustled my hair, “bye, _____.”

 

School ended, and not a word was uttered between Sehun and me, thank goodness. I hung out with my crew and after a while, Chen decided to go to the smoothie shake as promised.

“Here is your strawberry banana, and your mango,” the cashier said, handing us our smoothies. We snatched them and I started heading to a table, but Chen grabbed my hand. When I looked at him, he nudged his head to the door, “walk with me.”

I cocked my head, but followed him. He was being really mysterious today.

He led me to a park surrounded by trees. The weather was getting colder, and I could faintly see our breath mingle together ahead of us.

“Maybe smoothies were a bad idea,” I said, taking a sip of mine. He laughed and intertwined our hands.

“You’re funny,” he commented.

“Thank you, it is one of my many charms.”

“Yes, I’m aware.”

“So why did you want to walk instead of stay in the warm confines of the store?” I asked him, nudging him softly.

He smiled at the ground, “the cold keeps me alert. I can’t afford to get distracted.”

“Distracted? By what?”

“By you,” he smirked at me and I felt my heart began to race.

“Am I distracting?” I asked quietly.

“You honestly don’t know?” He looked skeptical.

I shake my head.

“Well, believe me when I say, you are the most distracting person that I have ever met.”

“I know. I’m distracting you right now,” I smiled up at him and he laughed again.

“That you are. Stop that.” We were silent for a while. Drinking our smoothies hand in hand. Finally, we started walking down a particularly shadowy path. The sun was beginning to set, and the lights were coming on.

“There’s… something I’ve been meaning to ask you for a while now,” Chen said suddenly, his face forward.

Here is comes. “Yeah?”

He stopped walking and spun around so that we were facing each other. “_____, it’s no secret that I like you…”

“I like you, too,” I encouraged.

He nodded and smiled, “good. I’m tired of all the flirting and mixed signals. I want you to be mine. Officially.”

I gulped, when Chen was serious and dominating like that it made my knees wobble. I nodded and laughed softly.

He took a breath, “alright. So, we’re together now?”

“Yes, Chen, I’m all yours now.”

His hands rested on my waist and he yanked me against him, then his hands slid to my lower back. His eyes were dark with desire and triumph, yet twinkled with adoration and happiness. “So does this mean I can kiss you now?”

“You better do it before you miss your chance,” I scolded and he doesn’t hesitate. His soft lips gently caress my own—a test. He pecked me again, yet another featherlike touch. He was teasing me. I finally got tired of his trolling and wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing his head down to mine, and his lips crushed against mine with a fervor.

I faintly heard the thud of my smoothie crashing to the ground, but it laid there ignored as Chen’s mouth molded against mine.

Finally, he retreated, resting his forehead against mine as we caught our breath.

“I can’t believe it took me this long to ask,” he breathed.

I nodded, “we could have been doing this a long time ago.”

“Don’t do that,” he growled, and placed another hard kiss on my lips. “Or I’ll try to make up for lost time.”  

 

 


A/N: ayye. So here's chapter two! What ya think? I'm sorry, I'm so seriously when I say I have no idea where this is going. I'm just typing nonesense I swear. Anywho. Hope ya enjoyed