-11

Take My Breath Away

Chapter Eleven
"Your friends ditched you in this click flick movie and you don't even realize a thing."

1st of May 2014

 

As soon as they were seated in the cinema, the wide screen was already displaying the movie trailers that alternated from romantic to action and some even comedy ones that she was never interested in. Heck, she didn't even had the slightest clue on what movie was going to come but all she knew it was something that would definitely make her barf. She had her eyes roaming around the area - she's never been here before as far as she can remember. She was left impressed on how well they maintained this place. A small sigh left her lips as her eyes glanced over to her side where his eyes were already on her. She narrowed her eyes and shook her head at him but he gave her a rather amused expression.

He let out a hushed laugh, "What?" 

She shrugged, facing forward, "Nothing."

He elbowed her with a hiss, "There's something you want to say. Say it."

A smirk played on her lips and it almost... just almost made his heart waver as he blinked at her confusedly. 

"Your friends ditched you in this click flick movie and you don't even realize a thing."

"You're lying to me-oh ."

"Thought so."

 


 

"Ah... The two of them are watching that movie alone?" Minseok's voice was quiet as he whispered it to Kris who nodded nonchalantly, his head turning to meet with Minseok's with pursued lips, "Yeah, why? You wanted to watch that movie?"

Kris ended up snickering, when Minseok shook his head vigrously with a shocked expression. Kris's laughter died off as he resulted to patting Minseok on the shoulder before he leaned back against the comfortable seat, "It was all planned out. It was almost too easy."

Minseok frowned at Kris's words, "Huh?"

Kris smirked, glancing at Minseok before his eyes focused on the white screen that suddenly switched to the movie trailers as the lights dimmed down. He broke out into a grin when Minseok nudged Kris with his elbow, an evident sign that he wanted to know more. "Kai has a thing for Hee Young - whether he realizes it or not. And we're here to help him with that." Kris then snorted, "He's horrible with expressing his feelings."

Minseok gulped but he managed to stammer, "W-What?"

Kris noticed the sudden change of atmosphere, that shudden switch of Minseok's aura as Kris decided to look at Minseok with a blank look together with a very thin line on his lips as they locked gazes. Kris's lips parted to say something, maybe even comment about why Minseok was reacting this way but based on how Minseok erupted into a small laugh along with showing Kris that little eye smile Minseok possessed, it easily left Kris to shrug it off when Minseok said, "Yeah! I've noticed that too - it's so obvious..."

Kris laughed awkwardly, "Y-Yeah, it is. Let's just watch the movie."

With a slight nod from Minseok, his voice grew softer, "Yeah... we should."

Because he hopes that all Kai and Hee Young had ahead of them was watching the movie only, too.

Please please please - Minseok's heart yearned.

 


 

"How can you not get that part?" Kai gawked, throwing Hee Young a look but she could only roll her eyes. Surprisingly, Kai had paid attention to the movie - along with annoying her as he kept on making little distractions to make her lose her focus during the highlights of the movie. "Well if you were to keep your pretty boy lips shut when the main characters were talking, maybe I would get the lame joke you were trying to tell."

He smirked, giving her another look that made her stomach churn and it made her sigh at him. "What's with that face?"

He shook his head, "Oh nothing. It's just that..." His hand reached down, enclosing around her wrist where he tugged her back to whisper down on her lips, "You think I have pretty boy lips..."

She shoved him off with a very quiet snarl, "..."

"Like I've said before, I have one anyway." He snapped back at her, making her shake her head as the two of them laughed quietly, following one another's steps. It boggled his mind too much to mention but, how can someone be so cheerful in one second and cold in the next? After the hilarity subsided, "So, where you heading to?" Kai asked nonchalantly as the two of them exited the cinema, standing outside by the sidewalk. To be completely truthful, this whole time in the cinema with Kai for two and a half hours, wasn't all that bad. He was quiet, making soft offensive yet hilarious comments throughout the movie and more importantly, he was rather different. She never knew he could be this way but then again, after digging up about some past memories about him in her brain and her heart, she had yet to say that he was still the same, dorky Kim Jongin she knew.

And if only he knew that she already knew.

"Where I'm going doesn't concern you."

He scoffed, "Well where you're going tomorrow concerns me."

Her lips parted to argue, but then she realized that he probably meant that something else that was quite obvious - the spring dinner... damn it.

"Then tomorrow it'll concern you. Just not today."

As her hand pulled out the keys to her motorcycle, his hands were swift enough to lunge forward where he snatched her keys away. Her eyes went wide, head darting up to glare at him but he could only give her a smug grin - everything about her made him feel alive. He loved how one little thing he could pull would trigger such emotions from her and for her to slowly open up to him just like that, it made his heart waver on how much he could unravel of her.

It was all too interesting for him to walk away.

"Unless you want me to rip your head off-!"

"Then who will be escorting you to the spring dinner?" He dangled the keys in front of her eyes. He was almost taunting her in the most insulting way yet and if it was possible, she'd just pounce on him but she won't do that. He may have snatched her keys but she still had her sanity, thank him very much. She groaned, throwing her head back, "What the hell do you want?"

He smirked and she could almost swear her heard him chuckle heartily as he dashed past her. Her eyes shot open, spinning around where her eyes grew wider when she trailed after him onto the parking lot where he had swung his leg over her motorcycle, taking her rightful place of being the driver as he shoved the keys before he revved up the engine with a very loud roar - it made his eyes widen, "Damn..."

She shook her head, her finger pointing at him before she jabbed over her shoulder, "Off my motorcycle."

He snorted, "Over my dead body."

When she narrowed her eyes at him, he tilted his head a little with a blank look, "C'mon, I'm not that horrible of a driver - I have a license."

"You probably bought it."

"You want to test me?"

With that cocky smirk he gave her, she realized that he would never get off her motorcycle no matter what she did. With that, she decided to make another type of approach. "Fine." She ended up pacing towards him where she swung her leg over the motorcycle with him smirking as he faced forward. He glanced down on the basket before him only to realized that she has two helmets. The white one is probably hers... a quiet thought mumbled into his mind, making him reach for it as he swiftly got off the motorcycle. She let out a soft gasp but she was rather alarmed when he was looking down on her from the side of the motorcycle.

Her hands tried to push him off, "What the fu-"

"Shut up." He sounded cold, but it was only to make her stay put as he bent down lower where he pushed her hair aside. She froze, staring at him as the light behind them shone on his face - she forgot just how incredibly handsome he is, even after all these years...

His eyes locked on her as he put the helmet on her and everything felt as if time stood still - as if they were the only two people in the carpark, in the world. His hands delicately reached down her chin where he fastened the strap of her helmet before he placed his hands on the side of the helmet to make sure it was in tact. A smile, played on his lips as he looked at her and he found himself saying the same thing a moment ago but in a much more hushed voice, "Damn..."

She felt how awkward it was becoming, how fast he was melting before her that she broke eye contact with the clearing of . Reeling him back to reality with just her voice, he hastily got back on the motorcycle before he wore the extra helmet. His hands found accord on the handles where he cleared the lump in his throat - everything felt so hard to do right now with her so close to him. "R-Ready?" He tried to sound stable, but there was no denying he was shaking just a little.

"Yeah." Her voice was soft as he took off from the cinema carpark, his mind taking in the details of where he should park her motorcycle in the university area. When it all died down, when all they could hear was the sounds of cars beeping as they passed by the busy streets, the nightsky hovering above them like a ceiling in their bedrooms, colorful lights that lunge past their eyes as the moment he managed to hear her silently asking him to quicken up his pace, he sped up his speed on the motorcycle. There was this feeling she felt - she forgot how it actually feels like to be riding on a motorcycle with someone else. For someone who has been riding alone ever since she had her motorcyle, it was a whole foreign feeling now that someone was in front of her.

Someone else who had control on her prized possession.

Kai.

Her eyes closed shut, her arms reaching forward where she had her arms around his waist. This shouldn't bother him, she thought quietly, knowing that he has been through this phase with a lot of girls but the only thing she didn't know was how much her touch affected him as the moment he felt her chest against his back, her slender arms around his slim waist, his head jerked backwards with a gasp. Not out of protest, but out of shock and curiosity as he gulped at her.

It felt like everything was in slow motion and it was so surreal.

A loud honk could be heard up ahead and it brought him back to reality. Her eyes popped open - his head snapped forward to see that he had drifted off to the opposite lane.

"Holy , Kai!" She shouted, her arms long enough to reach to the handle where she directed the motorcycle to return back to the correct lane. Both of their hearts were racing so fast out from the complete horror that could've taken place but Kai's heart was beating much faster than hers by tenfold. He swallowed the lump in his throat, him shaking his head as he gained conscious quick, "S-Sorry."

"Are you mad?" She cursed, gritting the words past her teeth and he sighed deeply, "I said I'm sorry."

"We could've died." She grumbled, her arms retreating from his waist and it only made him feel his heart deflating as he cursed at himself mentally. "I know."

When she heard that tone of his voice, and how much he slowed down on his pace, she bit her tongue. Why does she feel guilty now?

She never feels guilty.

As her eyes closed, her hands placed back on his waist gingerly (she didn't know if it was the appropriate thing to do but she felt like it was the right thing to). It was a tiny hint that she didn't exactly mean to come off that way. He managed to take a quick glance at his waist when he noticed that her fingers were slightly visible below his jacket, her fingers tapping a slight beat against him and he felt it - it felt nice, weird. And the beat of the song she was tapping to felt so familiar. "What song is that?" He questioned softly, and somehow, she managed to hear that even with the helmet on, the sounds of the busy streets and all with that, his voice was still so clear.

"What?"

He snorted, "That beat against my waist you were tapping a moment ago." He clarified, making her gulp as she shook her head, "It's nothing."

She had expected him to bark at her for being too childish to not tell him but instead his voice soothed into her ears with a command, "If you don't want to tell me the song, it's alright. Just don't stop."

Half of her told her not to do it - what if he remembers this beat of the song?

But her other half urged her to do it, telling her that things would be alright if he actually knew it all. As if it would be worth it to risk everything for him. But why?

Her fingers were trembling but she managed to gather herself well as she gained her senses. His lips parted to question what was going on behind there but the moment he felt her fingers resuming to tap the beat against his waist, he felt at ease. He didn't know what song she was tapping to - let alone roughly know what genre because he knows as a dancer, they listen to a wide range of music types but based on how gentle her fingers tapped, he had a rough guess it was a ballad song. He then felt something solid against his upper back and that made him glance back when he stopped at a red light.

He shook his head with a tiny grin as he faced forward, his feet pushing off the motorcycle to continue driving her back with his lips uttering a quiet sentence.

"To think she fell asleep."