The Proposal

The Perfect Disguise

A/N: I'm so sorry, it's been months since I last made an update. I'm still trying to keep this fanfic alive although reviewing and studying are practically my life right now. I only have short time to spare on other things but since my Chomi heart is missing the two, I decided to finally make an update. I made some drastic changes in the story out of the blue and so I have no idea if it would go well with my original concept...:) I might need some fresh ideas from you guys. Feel free to comment ans share your fun ideas. Enjoy reading!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“And where are we going now?” I cried out loud once I realized we’re heading somewhere I’m not acquainted with. It’s been half an hour since we sneak out of the academy. I should never have agreed to sneak out with her in the first place. I’m the student council president for goodness’ sake!

 

“You know what…I find it overwhelming how you agreed to sneak out with me without any protests. It kinda boost my confidence. Do I look that trustworthy to you?” She snickered, with her eyes on the road. After almost half an hour of driving, she finally talked to me. Yet she only threw out words that would only make me more uncomfortable than I already am. But to be honest, I myself wonder as to why I let myself be controlled by her. I squinted at her and was about to retaliate when she suddenly gawked at me.

 

“Or maybe…” She smiled, looking straight to my eyes, “you want me and you’re curious about me.”

 

I would have shoved my hand in her face if she didn’t start chuckling right after her devious remark. God, I’m starting to really dislike her again.

 

“I guess no one really ever dared to flirt with you. Look at you being flustered just like that.” She exclaimed, enjoying my own embarrassment. “How would you know I was flustered?” I muttered as I cross my arms trying to conceal my humiliation.

 

“You should have seen you face, Park Chorong-shi.” She teased. “Anyway, we’re almost here so lighten up and make sure to smile.” She stares at me for a while before giving me a light smile. “You’re a lot prettier when you smile.” And at that time, I have to admit, I was truly flustered by her.

 

Soon after, she turned to a corner and parked the car next to an old building. I peered through the window and noticed an old pavement sign with a ‘Youth School Camp’ written in it. Once we’re out of the car, she grabbed my hand and led me inside the building lobby where a young lady, presumably same age as Bomi and I, welcomed us with a warm smile. Despite my confusion, I smiled back and I let myself be ushered in a small office while Bomi stayed in the lobby, sitting comfortably in a small couch.

 

“Park Chorong?” The young lady, who introduced herself as Bang Minah, probed while still wearing that warm smile. I nodded in confirmation before glancing towards Bomi’s direction. Fortunately for me, she’s also looking at my direction and so I took the chance to mouth my confusion in which her only reply was a grin. “Uhmm, Minah-shi…I know this might sound stupid but what am I doing in here?” Since Bomi isn’t as helpful as I thought she should be, I decided to plunge my curiosity to Minah, who just finished informing a Sojin on the phone about my arrival.

 

She once again flash me her eye smile. “She didn’t tell you?” She sighed before stealing a glance at Bomi. “That girl really is …”

 

“Weird?” I guessed and she gave out a soft chuckle. “Rather than weird, cryptic would be a better word to describe that kid.” She paused for a while, staring at Bomi once more. “Anyway, you don’t have to worry for Sojin unnie would fill in the details later. She’ll be here in any minute. Would you mind waiting for a bit?”

 

“No. It’s okay.”

 

“Well then, please take a seat and make yourself comfortable. I’ll just join Bomi outside for a small talk but if you need anything, you can just call out my name.” I watched her silently as she exits the office and made her way towards Bomi.

 

I know I should be concern as to why I’m here at this small office but instead, I found myself sneaking at the two, watching them talk endearingly at each other. Surprisingly, I am witnessing a totally different side of Bomi.

 

“Jealous?”

 

I heard the door thud and I almost jump up in surprise. Another beautiful woman in her mid-twenties, stood in front of me, giving me a sly smile. It took me few seconds to react and I furiously shook my head once her word registered in my brain. “What…no…no. I only met Bomi yesterday so we’re practically stranger. I…I’m in no way jealous or affected.”  I mentally slap myself for such a lame response.

 

“Oh…okay then.” Luckily, the beautiful woman, which I assume to be Sojin, took my lame reaction lightly and gave out a sweet smile which awed me. She got one of those rare and charming smiles.

 

  “This is quite a surprise actually, knowing Bomi, she wouldn’t have brought a stranger in this place. This place is very precious to her. Nevertheless, I think you’re an exception since she mentioned that you might be of big help to these talented kids.” There is something about the way she mention Bomi’s name which bothers me. Her stares and even her beautiful smile are as mysterious as those of Bomi’s. They are, in odd ways, very akin to each other and that gave me a bit of a chill.

 

“Chorong-shi?”

 

“I’m sorry. Help? I really have no idea as to how I could help those ‘talented’ kids.” I mused in confusion but she just smiled at me excitedly.

 

“According to Bomi, you have some sort of scholarship program you’re proposing to your academy. However, she also told me that you’re having some difficulties because of what she might have said which affected the proposal you initially prepared.” She paused as if waiting for me agree. However, when she noticed how slow I was at grasping at that moment, she quickly pulled out a folder from the table, handing it over to me.

 

“Our school camp mostly caters to those out of school youth and poor kids who have excellent artistic capabilities such as dancing, singing and composing. We enhance their skills and help them recognize their talents. We encourage them to use those skills to provide for their needs and to improve their state of living. That folder contains a list of students from our camp who are qualified to study in Juilliard next semester. The first six are entering the pre-college division while the remaining four are already set to enter the college division. The only problem is that our camp lacks funds to support them. The members of the camp, including Bomi, Minah and I already gave our contributions but those would not be enough to support the camp and those qualified students and so we’re looking for a continuous and solid support from an organization.” I listened to her talk and soon after I finally realized why I’m here. The way she delivers her subtle proposal was so resounding that I found myself agreeing even if she hasn’t directly asks me yet. I could already recognize that she’s a wonderful woman despite meeting her for the first time.

 

“That’s why you might be of help, Park Chorong-shi.” The momentary silence was quenched with her soft and husky voice. It’s me who smiled at her excitedly now. I finally discover the most striking project I can launch as the student council president. “I’ll do my best to help you and your camp. It would be an honor working with all of you.” I responded.

 

“Very well then…” She reached out her hands and I took it delightedly. “As early as now I would like to convey my gratitude to you.” She exclaimed as she shook my hand. I honestly cannot wait to work with her in the future.

 

“And I guess we’re done here. Problem solved?” I heard Bomi’s teasing from out of nowhere and before I knew it, she’s already inside the office, seating contentedly at the edge of the table. I would have wanted to hug her for her help if only she’s not the chic and ambiguous Bomi that I know. I just flashed her a light smile as my way of conveying my gratitude.

 

“That would do it.” She smiled back, as if she just read my mind. She then glanced at Sojin who’s just few feet away from her. She just stared at her without saying a word. Sojin broke the silence, greeting her in the most formal and awkward way. She then pulled her away from the table. “You’re a big girl now, Bomi-ah. Stop acting so recklessly.” There’s an awkward atmosphere between them. I can feel it and probably they can as well.

 

“Am I? Then stop treating me like a kid.” She responded haughtily which earned her a light slap in the shoulder.

 

I know I only met her yesterday but still…The way she stares at Sojin is so endearing and rare that every time Sojin would unconsciously touch Bomi, she’d shudder in apprehension. The very chic and confident Bomi that I know is now on edge in front of Park Sojin.