chapter 2

Perhaps it's fate

He looked a me in surprise, then pressed a finger to his lips.

"Shh." I blinked, then realized I had nearly screamed his name.

"Sorry." He leaned close.

"How do you know me?" He whispered in Chinese.

"How can I not?" I whispered back, "You're famous for goodness sake!" Super Junior's only Chinese member, and also my favorite! He smiled.

"Well, I guess I am." I laughed.

"You guess? Please, you're known worldwide!" I looked at my watch.

"Oh! I should get going!" I turned to go, took a couple steps, and stopped.

"Is something wrong?" Hangeng asked. I turned back to look at him with a sheepish grin.

"Um, I'm uh, kinda lost."

"I am sooooo sorry." I mumbled for the hundredth time as Hangeng led me through the doors to the dorm he shared with some of his fellow Super Junior members. He pressed his hand against my mouth.

"It's fine. How many times do I have to tell you?" I felt myself blush as he removed his hand, and I hoped that he hadn't felt it. I stared at the floor as Hangeng opened the door to the dorm then stepped back in surprise as he was nearly tackled by a cheerful Shindong.

"Hankyung-hyung! Welcome back!" Hangeng gently pushed Shindong off of him.

"Hey. Didn't you have a DJ event to do today around this time?" Shindong grinned.

"It got cancelled." Hangeng nodded.

"I see." Shindong looked past Hangeng and spotted me.

"Hankyung-hyung, where'd you find such a pretty girl?" I blushed, and bowed.

"Nice to meet you, Shindong-hyung!" He looked at Hangeng.

"And polite too!" I blushed even more.

"You're exaggerating hyung." Hangeng laughed.

"Come on, let's go in." Shindong looked at him curiously as Hangeng led me in.

"What's going on?" Hangeng looked at me then at Shindong, then took Shindong's arm and led him off to somewhere. I stood at the door, feeling kind of awkward at the situation I was in while they talked. A couple minutes later, Hangeng came back and took my arm.

"Come with me." I blinked and followed him to a room, then stood cautiously at the door when he led me in.

"What are you doing?" He asked when he saw me.

"Well, um…this is your room right?" He nodded.

"Is there a problem?" I looked down.

"Well…" He laughed.

"Are you feeling awkward?" I nodded, my face starting to heat up again. He smiled.

"It's okay. You'll need somewhere to stay, so we can share my room. There are two beds." I gasped.

"What? You mean…" Hangeng put his bag down on a chair.

"It's dangerous out there, and I'm sure you know it yourself after experiencing it today. You'll need somewhere safe to stay for the time that you're here, so just stay with us." My eyes widened.

"I can?" He shrugged.

"I don't see why not." A big smile crossed my face.

"Thank you!" He crossed his arms and smiled.

"No problem. Say, I never asked what your name was."

"Oh! It's Shing Ling!" I said with a grin, my Chinese slipping out again. He smiled.

"And, your English name?"

"Aika." I said, blushing suddenly as I realized how adorable he looked while smiling. The doorbell rang then, and I ran from the room.

"I'll go get it!"

"Thanks!" Shindong and Hangeng called at the same time. I opened the door to see a familiar face I had seen many times over in Super Junior videos.

"Teukie-hyung!" He blinked.

"Um…hi?" I clapped a hand over my mouth. GAH! How could I call the leader of Super Junior by the nickname the ELFs called him to his face?

"You are…?" I looked at Eeteuk, and gave him a bright smile.

"I'm Aika!" He blinked again, and nodded slowly.

"I see…" Hangeng came out of his room and came up.

"Oh hey hyung. Don't just stand there, come in. Why did you ring the doorbell?"

"Hyung here forgot his key." I gasped as another familiar face came up from behind Eeteuk.

"Cinderella?" I blurted out, then slapped my hand over my mouth. Out of all the things I can say, I say that? Heechul looked at me curiously.

"Ah, you're a Petal too?"

"I guess you can put it that way." I said sheepishly. Then I nearly screamed as my second favorite of the band slipped into the apartment to stand beside Eeteuk.

"Hey, what's a girl doing here?" Donghae's confused expression was so priceless, I seriously wished I had a camera with me. Hangeng reached out and pulled Heechul in, then closed the door.

"I'll explain later. Are the dongsaengs back downstairs?" Eeteuk nodded, and Hangeng turned around.

"Hey Shindong! Can you call the others and tell them to come up?"

Half an hour later, I was sitting in a situation that I had never dreamed of being in. With Hangeng on my left, Sungmin on my right, and the other eleven members of Super Junior staring at me, I was surrounded by one of the most famous boy bands in the current world.

"So, Hankyung-hyung." Siwon said, "Care to explain?" Hangeng looked at me then at his bandmates.

"Aika, can you go into my room for a bit?" I looked at him, then realized that the following conversation would have to be private.

"Sure." I walked to the room and slipped in, my heart pounding. Would they make me leave? Surely Hangeng wouldn't go against his word, would he? But then, who was I to live in the same house as Super Junior and be close to them? They had every right to make me leave. I was still musing over it when Kibum came in.

"You can come out now." I followed him silently to the living room and stood awkwardly in front of the thirteen of them. Eeteuk, being the brilliant leader he was, got straight to the point.

"You really don't mind sharing a room with Hankyung?" I blinked. I had been expecting something like 'we're sorry, but we can't let you stay' kind of statement.

"Huh?"

"Do you mind sharing a room with Hankyung?" He repeated. I shook my head slowly.

"But…what does that have to do with anything?" Yesung smiled at me.

"Well if you're going to be staying here, we have to make sure that you don't mind sharing a room with a guy right?" I blinked, then felt a smile slowly spread across my face as the reality of his statement sunk in.

"You mean…I can stay?" Ryeowook smiled.

"Yup." I gaped at them for a couple more moments, then grinned.

"Thank you so much!" Eeteuk smiled.

"No problem. Besides, we single guys need some ladies in our lives." I blushed as everyone laughed.

"Don't mind him Aika." Hangeng said with a smile, "Just have fun while you're here. And stay as long as you'd like." I grinned.

"Kamsamida."