The meeting

Perhaps it's fate

No, I don't own Super Junior or have any affiliation to them. Any Suju material mentioned here is credited to Suju themselves and SM Entertainment.

"Be sure to call every day okay?" I grinned at my mom.

"Relax mom, I know. You've only told me, what, fifty or so times?" She made an annoyed face at me.

"Can't a mother be worried about her child going off into the far unknown?" I laughed.

"Yes yes, you can. But I'm not going off into the far unknown, I'm only going to Korea." My parents pulled me into a hug.

"Have fun on your trip." I smiled.

"Will do."

My heart thumped excitedly in my chest as the plan began circling for landing. Korea! I couldn't believe it! I was finally here! I nearly ran down the walkway to the airport in ecstasy. I was 22, fresh out of college, and ready for some major R&R before getting into law school. I smiled cheerfully at the security lady at as she checked my bag, and she smiled back as she handed it to me.

"Have fun." I grinned.

"I will!" I dashed out of the airport as fast as I could go, and into the bright shining sun. Korea, here I am!

The next day, I was up and running around happily at ten o'clock. The sights and sounds of the unexplored country excited me, and a quick look at a traveler's guide at the hotel told me I had tons to see. But after a couple hours of running around, I realized something was wrong. In my haste to explore, I had forgotten to buy a map. What also hit me was that I had forgotten to remember in which direction my hotel was, and how to get there. My hotel was nowhere in sight as I turned this way and that, and my heart started to pound.

"Crap." Passing Koreans looked at me curiously as I stood with what was probably a stupid looking expression on my face. Okay Aika, don't panic. You haven't gone that far from the hotel yet. It's gotta be around here somewhere! So I spent the next half hour wandering around in hopes of seeing a roadside map stand or something that looked like a hotel. But neither showed up.

"I should've known better." I muttered as I plopped down on a bench. Why would there be roadside map stands when all the locals knew this place and all the rest of the tourists were smart enough to get one beforehand? And wandering around probably just got me farther away from the hotel than closer. I kicked myself. I'm such an idiot.

"Hello beautiful." I looked up in surprise at the sound of the heavily accented English. A man at least twice my age stood next to me, and from the look in his eyes, he wanted something from me. I inched away.

"Do I know you?" He grinned creepily.

"No, but I'd sure like to." I stood and began backing away.

"Well I'm sorry, but I wouldn't." Did I seriously look like those stupid American tourists who knew nothing? Okay, I probably did. And my lost expression probably hadn't helped. Suddenly he was after me, and I let out a muffled screech as his hand clamped over my mouth. A sweet scent was starting to enter my nose, and I quickly held my breath. I am too old to be a victim of child kidnapping for goodness sake! I slammed my foot down on his foot and ran as he cursed out loud. My long legs carried me quickly towards the sound of crowds and the main city. Good, I can get lost in that. I heard the man shouting at me from behind, and quickened my pace. My lithe dancer's body allowed me to run fast, and I silently thanked my Father in heaven for giving it to me. I heard him start the catch up, and nearly cursed. Not good. I dashed down the street and turned a corner. My gaze fell on a park coming up, and my heart filled with hope. Good, a park meant people. My feet hit grassy ground, and I turned back to look at the crowd I had just emerged from to see the man nowhere in sight. Take that! I had been running while looking back, and at that moment I realized why my mom had always reminded me not to do so. The moment I looked forward again, I crashed into somebody and we both fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry!" I cried in Korean. The person I had crashed into laughed, and as my eyes focused, I saw a young man a little older than me stand up.

"It's okay." He held out his hand to me, and I smiled as he helped me up. I was about to thank him and leave when I heard a voice.

"Hey!" I whipped around to see my pursuer heading for me.

"Aw crap." I muttered in English. I scooted backwards as he approached.

"Sorry to bother you," the man said in Korean, "But this is my daughter. We have some misunderstanding, and she tried to run away."

"Shut up!" I shrieked in English, "You're not my father, you're some creepy stalker guy!" I hid behind the young man I had crashed into.

"He's not my father, he's trying to abduct me!" I hissed in Korean. He looked at me, then back at the man.

"I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to call the police if you won't leave."

"What right do you have to do that? I'm only trying to get my daughter!" the man snapped.

"YOU'RE. NOT. MY. FATHER!" I screamed at him.

"Would you like to try my martial arts?" the young man asked my almost abductor. The man immediately got a scared look on his face and fled. I sighed in relief.

"Kamsamida." I said to the young man. He smiled.

"No problem." I looked up at him. Goodness he was tall. Good thing I was 5'6, or else he would've dwarfed me. But only then, did I get a good look at his face. And only then, did I recognize him.

"No way…" He looked at me.

"What?" My Chinese slipped out before I realized it.

"Hangeng?"