Sweet tooth

One-shot collection

Kyuhyun never really liked sweet stuff. Unlike the other members, he was never the one to dig in whenever some fan would give them cakes or chocolates in the dorm, nor eat the oozing chocolate pudding restaurants would give them as a sign of gratitude whenever they reserve the place for the whole night for parties and other celebrations. He was never the one to fight over it as well, unlike Eunhyuk and Ryeowook over a strawberry shortcake. In fact, he always felt like having diabetes even just by looking at those kinds of stuff, how much more eat it.

Sungmin, on the other hand, always had a liking for sweet stuff. Candies, chocolates, puddings, everything Kyuhyun doesn’t really lay his hands into. He doesn’t really understand why people would hate stuff as wonderful as those tasty treats, that’s why he would always force Kyuhyun to have a single bite or scoop of whatever sweet he has, to convince him that sweets aren’t really that bad. He was never disappointed at the other though, because Kyuhyun was never the one who declines. Whenever he approaches Kyuhyun, the younger will immediately smile at him, sometimes even putting down his laptop after pausing the game he is currently playing just to talk to him or look at him for a few seconds. He would then scoop some ice cream or cut a part of the chocolate cake and give it to him, the other then being the one who willingly opens his mouth and takes everything his hyung gives him.

To others who have normal minds, this is nothing beyond ordinary, but being the gossiper that Kangin was, this is something that won’t slip under his eagle eyes. He immediately confronted Leeteuk about this and the latter called for a pseudo-meeting without the two’s presence.

Starting from then on, the members observed their every move and began to wonder why this rare phenomenon happens only when Sungmin is the one feeding Kyuhyun. They already confronted them several times to ask them if they are going out, only to receive glares and punches from the two. They tried to force the truth out of Eunhyuk and Shindong as well, them being Sungmin’s best friends and confidants almost all of the time, and got nothing aside from unconfirmed hunches and additional confusions. Donghae even justified that Kyuhyun wasn’t only responsive to Sungmin because they have a special thing going on, but because Sungmin is the only one who had the courage to do such a thing. However, the members wouldn’t want to believe it, that is why they required him to prove it.

So one day, while Kyuhyun was watching TV, Donghae went over the living room with a Sungmin-like smile on his face and sat beside the magnae. Like what was expected, Kyuhyun didn’t even turn his head to Donghae’s direction, it was a Jumong re-run he is watching anyway.

“Kyuhyun…”

“Yes Donghae hyung?” Kyuhyun said without tearing his eyes off the television.

“Erm… y-you want some pudding?” Donghae asked uncertainly. Kyuhyun then looked at Donghae with one of his eyebrows raised. “Hyung? You’re talking to me, you know I am not fond of sweets.”

“Well, this is chocolate pudding! Erm, it’s delicious!” Kyuhyun looked at Donghae and smiled. “No thanks hyung, I’d rather not have it.”

Donghae then laughed awkwardly as he got off the couch. “Yeah… hahaha… Sorry Kyuhyun. I’m going to the kitchen now, you continue watching. Hey look! He fell off the horse!” Donghae said as he pointed to the television. Fortunately, that successfully tore Kyuhyun’s attention from him as the younger’s eyes were again focused on the scene before him. Donghae then sighed as he walked back to the kitchen.

“I told you those two are dating.” Came the voice of Heechul leaning against the counter. “Of course not! If they are then they should’ve told me already!” Leeteuk suddenly hissed.

“Leeteuk, you can’t know everything! And besides, those two are so quiet.. they even hardly ever talk to any of us, except Eunhyuk and Shindong in Sungmin’s case that is.”

“No hyung, it can’t be. Min should’ve told me” Eunhyuk finally said.

“Hi! What are you talking about? And Hyukkie, what should I tell you?” All of them looked at the entrance of the kitchen to see the person of their recent conversations, wearing a pink collared shirt and beanie, clearly stating that he just arrived from a schedule.

“Hi Min hyung… done with your schedules?” Sungmin nodded. “What am I supposed to tell you?” the smaller but older boy asked yet once again.

“Nothing hyung… do you want some chocolate pudding?” Eunhyuk said eyeing the chocolate pudding Donghae had been holding. Sungmin’s eyes sparkled seeing the treat and immediately took it from Donghae’s hands and left the room. The latter, however, had his eyes shining with unshed tears.

“I bought that!” Donghae said. Eunhyuk patted his best friend’s shoulder feeling guilty all of a sudden. “I’ll just buy you a new one… Sorry Hae…”

Just then, they heard soft laughter coming from the living room. They all went to peek and saw Sungmin and Kyuhyun laughing together in the couch. Sungmin was scooping some of the pudding and eating it while Kyuhyun is lazily flicking the channels using the remote control. All of them were about to go back in when Donghae gasped loudly pointing at Kyuhyun. Fortunately, the members were fast enough to drag Donghae in and hide before the 2 members turned around.

“What the do you want Hae? Do you want us to get caught?!” Heechul then spat.

“No hyung! You should’ve seen it! Kyuhyun is eating something!”

“So what if he’s eating something?!” Right after he said those words, realization dawned on him. He looked at the living room once again just in time to see

Sungmin feeding Kyuhyun with another scoop of chocolate pudding. This time, it was his turn to gasp. Sungmin and Kyuhyun turned around to see a shocked Heechul peeking and looking like a mad man from the kitchen.

“Hyung?” Sungmin said questioningly. Heechul, however, was not the one to panic and hide during these kinds of instances. Instead, he went out from his hiding place and walked straight pointing at the two.

“Yah! Why can’t you just say you are dating and end our confusion once and for all?!”Heechul shouted at the two of them. Sungmin’s face, however, didn’t change expression even just one bit. “Coz we aren’t, hyung…” Sungmin said with a mild voice. Kyuhyun just chuckled.

“What do you mean you aren’t?! You’ve been all mushy mushy during concerts, and you’re roommates! And you feed him with chocolate pudding!” Heechul said pointing at the treat Sungmin is currently munching on.

Kyuhyun then turned around facing Heechul. “Hyung, we are mushy mushy in concerts because that’s what were supposed to do, you and Hankyung hyung are even worse than us! Don’t forget that. And what does our being roommate got to do with us dating? We like to be roommates but that doesn’t equate to us being together! And also, what’s wrong with Sungmin hyung feeding me chocolate pudding?” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow.

Heechul, however, raised his even higher. “Because that’s the same pudding Donghae wanted to share with you a while ago, and you said you are not fond of sweets and declined.” Kyuhyun opened his mouth to say something again, but surprisingly, nothing came out. After a few seconds, he finally closed his mouth and proceeded to flick the channels of the television again.

“Hyung… maybe because Donghae didn’t ask him nicely, or maybe… he didn’t want to because he wants Donghae to enjoy the treat for himself.” Sungmin then said to Heechul

“I asked him nicely…” came Donghae’s faint voice in the background. “And you know I always liked to share.”

“You didn’t even ask Sungmin, you just scooped some pudding and shoved it straight into his mouth. Can you even explain how you do that while we always get declined whenever we ask him to eat some with us?” Heechul said, crossing his arms. Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun, the latter’s focus being on the television.

Silence and awkwardness enveloped the living room for the next few minutes. When Kyuhyun couldn’t stand it anymore, he stood from the couch and proceeded to their shared room. Heechul smirked and went back to the kitchen. Leeteuk, on the other hand, went to Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s room, locking it the moment he went in.

“Sungmin, are you sure you don’t feel something between the two of you?” Eunhyuk asked Sungmin the moment everyone cleared out. “Yes…” Eunhyuk kept his straight face as he asked once again. “Are you sure you really can’t feel anything?”

Sungmin looked away. “I think so…”

“What about him? Do you think he feels something about you?”

“I don’t know…”

“I see those loving gazes Min, don’t lie to me…”

“But I am not, you know I always looked like that…”

“With Kyuhyun yes… Min hyung, the fan pictures and fan videos tell it all, it’s not even how Siwon, Hankyung and Heechul hyung blatantly rubs their bodies together, or how Kangin and Leeteuk stuck together like glue during the whole period of the concert, yet I feel the emotion even just by looking at it. That’s why I’m gonna ask this one more time, are you really sure you don’t feel anything aside from being friends Min? Because I am quite sure he quite feels something for you…”

“I don’t know…”

--

Leeteuk has had one of his insomniac attacks and went to the kitchen to get some medicine and drink milk again. He really hates it when this happens, he has schedules for the love of God! He then quietly went out of his and Donghae’s room and tiptoed going to the kitchen, afraid of waking someone up. He was about to go to the kitchen when he saw a dim light coming from the living room, most resembling that of a laptop. Maybe it is Kyuhyun again, staying up for his games. He quickly went to the living room and peeked first, checking who dared not sleep before a day full of schedules and interviews. After seeing who it is though, he, however, didn’t show himself and just smiled before he proceeded to the kitchen to drink a generous amount of milk. A smile crept up his face as he passed through the living room again when he decided to go back to his room. He looked at the place for the last time before he closed the door to his bedroom.

“Just follow what your heart tells you… magnae…”

--

Sungmin went home after a hard day’s work. He wasn’t surprised that the dorm was empty; it’s already 1am anyway. He wasn’t surprised as well when he walked into the living room only to find his roommate in the couch, his hands pressing intensely the keys of his laptop as he muffled curses under his breath.

“Kyuhyun-ah…” He felt the other guy tense as his hands stopped moving. After a few seconds, the laptop screen flashed a big GAME OVER and Kyuhyun’s eyes doubled its size.

“!”

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to cause a shock. I was just going to ask why you are still awake.”

“No it’s okay hyung… I expected you when I heard the door open anyway. And I just can’t sleep.”

Sungmin then proceeded to the kitchen with Kyuhyun staring at his retreating back. After a while, he came back with 2 forks in hand, giving one to Kyuhyun as the latter looked at him confused.

“I bought 2 slices of cake! It’s supposed to be for me and Hyukjae, but I think he’s already sleeping…” Sungmin said as he handed Kyuhyun a slice. The other took it and looked at him, after a while shaking his head and putting it on the table.

“Just give it to him hyung… you know I don’t have that big of a sweet tooth.” Kyuhyun noted the frown on Sungmin’s face as he said those words. He looked at the other and felt weird as he stared at him with those fox-like eyes.

“But Kyuhyun… I wanted you to eat with me… it’s sad if I am the only one eating.”

“I declining the slice doesn’t mean I am not gonna eat hyung…” Sungmin looked at him confused, he then just smiled and put the fork on the table.

“I want you to feed me…”