Picture perfect

One-shot collection

It was a bright sunny afternoon and the temperature of the surrounding is oddly making Sungmin feel relaxed. The weather is just fine as well, with the sun finally setting in as it gives way to the slowly creeping dusk. It almost seemed like an invitation, an invitation to enjoy and relax but Sungmin knows they aren't allowed to do that not until they are done with the shoot so he contents himself with a few minutes of rest. It was not that cold as well, maybe summer has really taken its tow and Sungmin likes the weather to stay as it is.

He looks for Eunhyuk who is currently out of sight. He sighs. Eunhyuk is his best friend and most of the people say they are babies of SJ-M. He believes they should stick together but the younger always leaves him alone. Sungmin also doesn’t know that much Chinese so he can’t converse that well with the staff. He then has no choice so he just contents himself with staying on the seat and breathing in the smell of nature.

He fiddles with his phone and checks if he has messages, he realized he has quite a number since he hasn’t checked it ever since morning and he tries to reply to almost all of them until he became tired. When he puts the phone safely back in his man purse, he goes to check what the others had been doing since he thinks he can probably do something for them instead of lazing around.

As he continues to swipe his gaze into the deep green scenery, Kyuhyun catches his eyes.

He stares at the younger one who was striding along the paths colored with lush green. He had a photographer in tow, which meant he is still not done with his photo shoot and by the looks of it, it isn’t going to end soon either. He observes him as he walks awkwardly, seeming like he is purposely making his steps all too slower for the photographer to make quite a fascinating capture. He fishes for his phone again and captures a stolen shot of the magnae. He sees that it’s perfect, probably a lot better than what the photographer got but he isn’t implying that is better. It’s just… Kyuhyun in himself is already picture perfect.

Sungmin admits to having a fascination with the magnae. He thinks Kyuhyun is almost perfect with a few minor imperfections here and there since it is a fact that he is only human and it is but a rule in life that he's not supposed to have everything. He also has a voice of a god, and Sungmin thinks the way he sings could launch a thousand ships, but of course Sungmin won't admit his fascination to being as far as that. He actually likes the younger’s face better than his as well, even though saying that to the other man earned him a whack and a glare and Kyuhyun not talking to him for a good 3 days.

Sungmin quietly observes them as they take pictures here and there, he only turns his gaze away from the younger one to stare at the other members when he realized he had been dwelling on him all too much.

He turns his gaze on the van and sees Ryeowook bond with the make-up noonas immediately after his shoot. He sees them talking animatedly over something Sungmin sure won’t find any interesting so he shrugged his idea of joining them.

Siwon is already out of sight as well, probably off to do other schedules or something since he is the busiest in the group. Henry and Zhoumi are talking to the director, or it actually might be just Zhoumi talking to the director and Henry just towing in after him because he doesn’t know what to do.

He glances at Donghae and he sees the younger is amidst the end of his shoot and he seems to look really tired. He stands up from his seat and immediately brings it to the younger man, tapping him on the shoulder before he signals the other to sit on the chair he placed beside him.

Donghae immediately sits and Sungmin massages him a little before he asks if he is okay. Donghae gives him a muffled grunt and Sungmin feels oddly content with the answer so he leaves the younger man to rest for a bit.

“Now what to do?” He mutters absent-mindedly to himself as he wanders aimlessly.

His gaze falls on Kyuhyun again and he mentally smiled. He goes to where the magnae is, fishing out his iPhone from his purse to take a few pictures because it is somehow a rather rare opportunity for him to take a picture of Kyuhyun without him being able to complain and Sungmin really can't resist not to take a picture when opportunity calls him to do so.

He takes a few pictures here and there, gently looking for the perfect angle to make Kyuhyun’s picture perfect like the man that Sungmin thinks he is.

He is kind of shocked when he feels a tap on his shoulder, just when Kyuhyun suddenly found him sneaking pictures and decided to be a little kind and smiled. He turns around and he sees Eunhyuk with that lopsided smirk on his almost adorable face and Sungmin immediately smiles as well.

“What is it Eunhyukkie?” He says as he turns his attention to the other man.

“You’re really a fan, eh? How many pictures of Kyuhyun do you have in your phone already? Considering that is like a new one.” Eunhyuk says as he puts his arm around Sungmin’s shoulder.

Sungmin puckers his lips as he stares at the most recent picture of Kyuhyun that he took. “Well, it’s just that I think he looks perfect in pictures… not that I am implying he isn’t in real life but you know what I am trying to say, right?”

Eunhyuk smiles at him and tightens his hold on his best friend. “Well, no, I don’t understand it because I am not as obsessed at him-- I mean his pictures but I understand the general idea, yes. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go drink something and you now go look for your favorite subject as he seemed to disappear every now and then”

“What are you talking about?” Sungmin inquires with a slight frown. “Kyuhyun is—” Sungmin says as he slowly points to the spot where Kyuhyun used to be at, he isn’t there anymore.

“Nowhere to be found, yes I know.” The younger of the two smiles gently at him, then he smacks Sungmin’s before he goes to the van but not before Sungmin hits his with a well rounded kick.

Sungmin then looks around after his best friend disappears. He knows Kyuhyun can’t go that far, he isn’t that agile to begin with and considering the hot weather, he would most probably just be under a shade. He can’t find him now though, even though he already asked his whereabouts from the photographer Kyuhyun was with only a few minutes ago.

“He went to the trees when I told him we’re done. I think he mentioned something about wanting to relax for a bit before going home.” The photographer tells him the moment he questions and Sungmin just nods.

He goes to the mountain sides where the trees are kind of more abundant than the others. A breeze then suddenly blows and it slaps Sungmin lightly on the face. Sungmin thinks it’s refreshing. He then looks around, frantically looking for Kyuhyun when he was suddenly astonished by the almost setting sun. He momentarily forgets Kyuhyun, as he breathes the dew of the dusk in, as he feels the cold autumn air sift through his cardigan and he finally allows himself to relax as well.

He sits on the grass, just as he fishes off his phone again to take a picture of the setting sun. He suddenly hears a distant small clicking sound and he suddenly turns around to see Kyuhyun sitting on a low branch.

“Kyuhyun!” He immediately rushes and tells the other to go down.

“What were you doing there? You could’ve gotten hurt!” He fuzzes over him, kind of like how mothers do to their children after they have been gone to study for a whole day.

“Sitting? I have been through worse, hyung. Falling from a branch not even 2 meters high won’t be a big deal to me anymore.”

“Even so…” He scoffs. “I am just reminding you to be more careful. We’re not in Korea right now but it doesn’t mean nothing can hurt you anymore.” Sungmin says as he observes Kyuhyun for any scratch and he stops when he sees Kyuhyun clutching his own phone in his hand.

“Were you taking a picture of me?” Sungmin suddenly asks.

Kyuhyun just chuckles and he brushes Sungmin’s hand away defensively. “What are you talking about, hyung? You are the one who likes taking a picture of me. I am just taking a picture of the sun because it is beautiful from up there.” Kyuhyun says as he points to the branch he used to sit on.

Sungmin nods as he smiles. “Hmm… it is actually really pretty.” He utters as he turns to look at the bright orange sun.

Just that moment, Ryeowook suddenly calls them as their schedule finally ends. Sungmin shouts back to acknowledge him, and soon he is already tugging on Kyuhyun’s arms so they could go along.

Kyuhyun refuses to go with him though, saying he will stay back for a few moments and he reasons that it’s because he knows they still haven’t packed everything anyway and he doesn’t want to wait in the cramped company van.

Sungmin unconsciously pouts a bit.

“Fine, but be sure to be back as fast as you could when I call you okay? I don’t want manager hyung to get too tired looking for all the members because I know it’s been a long day already.” He says before he turns around and runs toward the set.

Kyuhyun looks at him for a few seconds, before he snaps a picture of the older man running in his phone. He smiles.

He admires the way Sungmin always looks good in pictures, always notices how radiant his aura is even when compared to the bright afternoon sun. He scrolls to the picture he took a while ago, with Sungmin’s back on him as he tried to snap a picture of the setting sun and Kyuhyun wonders why Sungmin looked so much brighter compared to his supposed-to-be bright background.

“Still going around in circles, are you guys?” Kyuhyun turns around to see Eunhyuk drinking from a box of milk.

“Whatever, hyung…” Kyuhyun says as he puts his phone inside his pocket, a small smile never leaving his lips as he starts walking toward the set to where Sungmin is.

He takes a few steps and he looks back to where Eunhyuk is. He sees the other wearing a knowing smirk on his face and Kyuhyun shakes his head even though he is still smiling.

“Whatever…”