Because I care

The Absolute Truth

A/N: Am jetting away for a short getaway tomorrow so I decided to do an update before I leave! Hopefully it will be of some use in lifting up everyone's mood on a blue monday (or at least, it's monday where i currently am). Enjoy!

 

 

“Are you sure you’re okay, Jaejoong-ah?” Hyunjoong looked at Jaejoong, worry obvious even through his hazy eyes.

 

“Yessssss, never been better, in fact!” Jaejoong gesticulated around wildly as proof of his statement, managing to smack some unsuspecting stranger in the face in the process.

 

“I have to go soon, Youngsaeng just texted me that our manager just finished his meeting and will be back in no time,” Hyunjoong looked around before dropping his voice to a whisper. “Jaejoong-ah, promise me you’ll get Yunho to come get you. You can’t be seen in public like this, you know that right?”

 

“I will I will,” Jaejoong waved one hand dismissively as the other reached for the mug of beer that had been refilled by the dutiful bartender countless of times. Not that Jaejoong was complaining, of course.

 

“Hey, just take care of yourself alright? You know where to find me if hits the fan,” Hyunjoong stood up and ruffled his friend’s hair before stumbling out of the older’s sight.

 

“Psssssh, as if I’d call Yunho. As if he’d come get me.” Jaejoong sighed, a loud dramatic sigh, as he recalled their fight earlier that day.

 

“Jaejoong-ah, why have you been avoiding me?”

 

“Nah, you’re just thinking too much.”

 

“I know I’m not, Jaejoong-ah. Don’t think I didn’t see you flinch when I tried to reach for you earlier. What’s happening?”

 

“Nothing’s going on, alright? Don’t be so paranoid, geez.”

 

“You’re always like this! I’m not a mind reader you know, I won’t know what’s wrong unless you tell me!”

 

“I said nothing, N-O-T-H-I-N-G, okay?”

 

“How could I tell you that it feels so weird between us after we filmed Dangerous Love? Especially when I’m the only one feeling this way….” Jaejoong trailed off as he stared at the mug of beer in his hands.

 

“Whoa, steady there,” Jaejoong felt a rush to his head as he stood up, swaying to the side unsteadily. “I’m going to get home by myself! Show Yunho that I don’t need him or his stupid sympathy anymore.”

 

With that, he carefully made his way to the alley of the bar where his car was parked, miraculously going unnoticed by the throngs of people.

 

Jaejoong winced as he turned the ignition and heard the loud roar of the engine coming to life. God, did his head hurt. Maybe he’d had too much to drink after all?

 

Truth be told, Jaejoong doesn’t really remember much of the night after that. He remembers bright flashing headlights, a cold and clinical-looking room full of hard surfaces, and a squishy Yunho whom he would be content to cuddle with forever.

 

Therefore, it came as a shock to him when he opened his eyes to find himself draped over Yunho. Well, he was shocked for about five seconds before a raging headache kicked in and forced him to redirect his thoughts to a more productive pathway such as, where is the goddamned water?

 

He had just finished gulping down his second glass of water when Yoochun ambled into the kitchen, stopping short when he saw Jaejoong.

 

“Hey hyung, what the hell happened last night?” Yoochun gave him an once-over. “You look like , by the way.”

 

“Thanks,” Jaejoong grumbled. “And to answer your question, I have no idea. Do you have any idea why I woke up in the same bed as Yunho today?”

 

“You guys, you guys didn’t!” Yoochun feigned a horrified expression, causing the older man to punch his arm and leave the kitchen, muttering under his breath about how it was too early in the morning to deal with such bull.

 

He cautiously entered Yunho’s room only to find him already awake and looking at his phone with a horrified expression, a real one.

 

“Hey, Yunho,” Jaejoong started, causing Yunho to look up.

 

“Before you say anything, I know you don’t remember it so I’ll just tell you straight. You got pulled over by some traffic police, spent 10 whole minutes in a police station while I rushed to pick you up, then clung to me like a koala for the whole night. And also, you now have a DUI courtesy of the Republic of Korea.” Yunho recited the whole thing without so much as blinking.

 

“I... I am so sorry, Yunho-ya, I really am. I don’t know what came over me but…” Jaejoong looked down, unsure of how to continue his sentence.

 

“Hey, I know you didn’t mean to do it,” Yunho said in a gentler tone. “But you do know that this incident will be publicised, right?”

 

“Great, now I’ve gone and ruined our group’s reputation too.” Jaejoong groaned.

 

“Who cares about the group? I’m talking about you here! You do know that the netizens will pick this incident apart and rehash it over and over again even when there’s nothing much to it, right? They will tear you to shreds, and I really don’t want to see that happen to you, of all people!” Yunho practically exploded as Jaejoong looked on in stunned silence.

 

Yunho… was worried for him? Not for the group, but him?

 

“I don’t know what to say, Yunho-ya,” Jaejoong finally spoke up softly. “But I think I can handle it, I am the most thick-skinned person around, aren’t I?”

 

“And also, thanks for letting me cuddle you to sleep yesterday.” Yunho gave a weak smile as Jaejoong bent down and whispered into his ear, giving the younger a tight hug.

 

★★★★★

 

. Continuation of them being awkward after filming Dangerous Love

. Jaejoong and Hyunjoong are best drinking buds (and also best buds ofc)

. Jaejoong got a DUI one night and spent like 10 minutes in a station before Yunho picked him up