Never enough

The Absolute Truth


A/N: I hope this chapter wasn't too late in coming, but a very heartfelt thank you to everyone who took time out to read this story, and cookies for those who actually commented. And just a heads up, things will be getting more and more drabble-ish and each chapter will be more incident-based because we get more and more incidents occurring rather than small facts here and there as they grow up and become more popular.


Scene 1:


Jaejoong turns around and gets pinned against the telephone booth by Yunho.

Yunho slams his fists against the telephone booth, on both sides of Jaejoong.

Yunho looks at Jaejoong (close up on their faces)

Yunho: Jaejoong-ah. You, why can’t you understand my heart?

Jaejoong looks up.

Jaejoong: What are you talking about?

Yunho takes Jaejoong's hand and places it over his heart.

Yunho: Inside of me, you are there.

Jaejoong: Yunho-ya…

Jaejoong and Yunho hug.

Jaejoong suddenly stood up from the couch and tossed the script on to the coffee table. Whirling around to find Yunho still very much immersed in the script, he snatched away his copy and too tossed that on the table.

"Wha... what's going on, Jaejoong-ah?" Yunho looked up in time to see Jaejoong's retreating back as he stalked into the room he shared with Yoochun.

Turning to look at Changmin, the maknae was looking up from his own script. Adjusting his glasses, he gave Yunho a well-practiced shrug before returning to his reading. Yunho turned to look at the closed door again before turning back to his own script.

“Aish, the things SM makes us do to satisfy the fangirls,” Yunho sighed under his breath as he continued reading the script. “Is this why Jaejoong was mad? But I thought he loved fan service.” He muttered, causing Changmin to look up from his script once again.

“But hyung, don’t you ever feel awkward with each other?” Changmin questioned, shuddering involuntarily at the thought of fan service. “I mean, sure, you two have nothing going on. But still, doesn’t it feel wrong to do that, like we’re deceiving the fans intentionally?”

“Oh Changmin-ah, the fans do know it’s all fake. But they eat it all up, that’s all that matters to our company.” Yunho shook his head and stood up, preparing to head to the room Jaejoong and Yoochun shared.

“But, are you sure it’s really fan service Jaejoong was mad about?” Changmin whispered softly under his breath, looking once again at Yunho’s back.

★★★★★

“Jaejoong-ah, are you okay?” Yunho knocked softly on the door and opened it gently. What he saw was Jaejoong’s back, talking on the phone rapidly.

“I don’t know, it’s just too much sometimes. I mean, don’t you think the drama is really crossing a line, it’s gonna be soooo awkward filming it, I can’t even imagine what will happen after that. Uh huh… No, it’s not that! I just don’t think it’s okay for us to do this y’know. I know SM is doing it for the money because we’re like the biggest ship ever or something, but we don’t even have a say in something like this. Uh huh…” Jaejoong nodded his head. Spotting something out of the corner of his eye, he whirled around to find Yunho standing in the doorway awkwardly with his hands in his pocket.

“Oh god, call you back later okay. Yeah, yeah. Bye.” Jaejoong hurriedly closed his flip phone and stood up.

“Hey,” Yunho started. “So, what you said just now huh…”

“It isn’t what you think it is!” Jaejoong burst out. “Seriously, it’s not your fault. Sometimes, I just hate this, doing this.” Jaejoong gestured vaguely in the air with his arms and sighing.

“Hey, it’s okay. It really is.” Yunho yelped softly as Jaejoong buried his head in the younger’s chest. Patting the older’s hair, he continued talking. “It’s not all that bad y’know. Do you know how many people are actually out there giving us well wishes? It’s nice to know they’re being supportive of us.”

But, what if it is you? What if… I can’t do this because it’s you?

This is something that I will have to keep in my heart, forever.

I’m sorry.

★★★★★

“Look up slowly, Jaejoong-ah, you can do this.” Jaejoong thought to himself as he looked up at Yunho’s face. Yunho’s face was currently scrunched up and was obviously trying hard not to laugh.

Their eyes met and Jaejoong could not help it, he let out an involuntary burst of laughter as he looked at the adorable leader, who had also begun laughing.

-

“Okay c’mon, let’s get into position.” Yunho got up and assumed his position.

Suddenly, Jaejoong felt a slight pressure on his hips. Feeling ticklish, he wriggled around and could not stop his laughter yet again.

“That tickles!” Jaejoong gasped in between laughs.

“Oh come on, you made me look terrible by saying that!” Yunho grumbled, pouting at the cameras.

“Look at you guys,” A coordi-noona suddenly spoke up. “Your faces turned red.”

Jaejoong felt a twinge in his heart as he looked at Yunho. Holding a hand up to feign embarrassment, he turned to look away from the cameras to compose himself.

-

Yunho slammed his fists against the telephone booth as directed.

“He seems to be really getting into his role,” the person who was in charge of lighting commented.”

Yunho gave a short laugh and hugged Jaejoong tightly, unknowingly causing Jaejoong’s heart beat to rise rapidly.

“But he feels so comfortable, who’d know if I leant into his embrace for just a moment.” Jaejoong wrestled with his thoughts. “Well for starters, Yunho would know! How’d I face him after that?” Just then, Yunho cut short his decision making process by releasing Jaejoong from the hug.

-

“There’s you… in my eyes.” Yunho tried out the words on his tongue, looking at Jaejoong intently.

“Okay now, Jaejoong-ah, make it less awkward, make it less awkward.” Jaejoong thought, before mock hitting Yunho’s chest. “Where? Tell me where!”

It worked as Yunho burst into laughter and tried in vain to complete the scene.

★★★★★

. The first scene is from their infamous banjun drama, Dangerous Love. (and yes the script is wholly accurate because I was watching it while typing this.)

. Jaejoong is the king of fan service, no disputes about that.

. Changmin hates fan service.

. Last part were scenes taken from this video.


. It was reaaally awkward between them after they filmed this, as said by Jaejoong in X-Man.