My fault (or is it?)

The Absolute Truth

A/N: I don't know what to say.... but I truly apologise for the delay in posting this because this chapter was really hard to write and so I've been putting it off forever. Not really satisfied with how it turned out but I think this is the best I can do for now so I hope you guys enjoy it! And also I promise the next update won't be long in coming! 

--


“Ah,” Jaejoong stumbled slightly as he was jostled from the side by yet another fan. He would have fallen if not for a steady hand that placed itself gently on his hips. Turning around, he felt nothing but warmth as he saw that the hand belonged to Yunho. Be careful, Yunho mouthed.
 

They should have gotten used to it by now; the chaotic, almost stifling atmosphere of the airport, filled with screams and thousands of fangirls. Jaejoong was torn between feeling grateful for the support of their fans and feeling miffed at how they were invading his privacy. Well, I knew what I was getting into when I signed up, didn’t I? Jaejoong thought to himself wryly. Risking a glance around at his surroundings, he couldn’t help but gulp at the crowd that had formed, and was getting larger by the second.

 

They should have gotten used to it, but the fame was something Jaejoong could not get used to. Maybe during the night, when he was lying in the privacy of his own room, he could admit to himself that all this felt fleeting. That one day, their fans would realise who Jaejoong really was behind the facade that he presented. That one day, their fans would expose Jaejoong for what he really was, unworthy to be part of the group. That one day, Yunho would realise it and look at him with different eyes.

 

Shaking those thoughts away, he adjusted his sunglasses such that they were positioned in such a manner so as to hide as much of his face as possible. He turned around briefly to look for s, and a gentle smile inadvertently made its way to his face as he saw what Yunho was doing.

 

Ah, his perfect Yunho. He was once again the perfect leader, smiling at fans graciously while gently steering their hands away from him. Jaejoong looked on as Yunho accepted a bottle of water from a slightly hysterical fan and thanked her with a sincere smile.

 

★★★★★

 

“Ahhhh, I think my legs are going to break,” Changmin flopped on to the couch, practically moulding himself to the shape of the couch. He only budged when Yoochun poked him in the ribs, threatening to sit on his face if he did not move at once.

 

Yunho laughed slightly at the scene that was unfolding in front of him. Feeling a pair of eyes staring at him intensely, he looked around only to find that Jaejoong was the culprit. Smiling slightly, he picked up a bottle of water that had been given to him by a fan earlier and walked towards the older man.

 

“Hey, want some water?” He proffered, holding out the bottle as a peace offering, thinking that Jaejoong was mad.

 

“Nah,” Jaejoong shook his head slightly, then looked closer at the bottle in Yunho’s hands. “You couldn’t even bother to give me a new bottle of water, could you?” He said in jest, noticing that the bottle had been opened before.

 

“What, no! I haven’t even taken a sip from it!” Yunho protested vehemently. “But since you so rudely rejected my offer, I guess I shall have a whole bottle of water to myself then.”

 

Yunho took a large gulp, noting that the water tasted slightly different from what he was used to tasting. He shrugged it off, but wondered if he was coming down with a cold, that would explain why his stomach suddenly felt so wobbly.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Jaejoong suddenly asked, noting the change in Yunho’s expression.

 

Yunho waved a hand, before slightly grimacing.

 

“Jaejoong,” he managed to rasp out. “I don’t feel so good.”

 

With that, his whole body sagged and he dry-heaved, as if his body was trying to reject whatever substance he had consumed earlier. Jaejoong staggered with the sudden weight of their leader, but shook Yunho gently, asking him what was wrong. By that time, they had attracted the attention of the everyone in the dressing room, and Yoochun strode to them in large steps.

 

“What’s wrong, Jaejoong-ah?” Yoochun asked worriedly, seeing the beads of sweat forming on Yunho’s forehead.

 

“Nothing much,” Yunho managed to say weakly.

 

The last thing Yunho remembered before blacking out was being cradled in Jaejoong’s arms and hearing Jaejoong scream for someone to call for an ambulance.

 

★★★★★

 

Yunho woke up to the sound of someone cursing furiously in Korean, and another voice seemingly placating the other.

 

Wincing at the loud sound, he tried to get up but only flopped back onto the bed. As he turned his head to look at whatever was making the sound, he heard another loud screech, one which he recognised belonging to Junsu.

 

“Yunho’s awake!”

 

Yunho still wasn’t very clear, but what he gleaned from s and friends (especially Heechul, who had been exceptionally vocal about his feelings for the anti-fan) made his blood run cold.

 

Why? Why would someone hate me that much to even want to try to kill me? Did I do something so heinously wrong? Was all he could think about for the remainder of the night, as he let the voices in his room overlap and tuned them out.

 

Before he knew it, a nurse had announced that visiting hours were over and could the visitors kindly make their way out?

 

He barely even noticed as they bid their goodbyes, not even when Jaejoong whispered something in his ear as he leant down to hug him.

 

It was only after the last visitor had left and the door had closed that Yunho realised what Jaejoong had whispered to him.

 

Yunho smiled wryly, it was just like Jaejoong to know what he had been thinking all along.

 

It wasn’t your fault, please don’t overthink this.

 

★★★★★

. Jaejoong is highly insecure (idky too that man is gorgeous omg)

. Heechul was especially vocal in his opinion regarding this incident: http://heechulsays.tumblr.com/post/10874877238/heechul-cyworld-entry-after-yunhos-poisoning-incident

. Yunho’s poisoning incident by an anti-fan