Happiness

12 Miracles in December

HAPPINESS ft. Byun Baekhyun

 

“Agitughertubhirryojoiynknskjgkui… grrrrrr…”

 

A grumpy Byun Baekhyun removed his pillow and placed it on top of his head so that he wouldn’t hear the ringing of his mobile phone. He mumbled a series of bad words as the ringing intensified.

 

“AIIIIISH, JINJJA??!” He got up and glared at his mobile phone.

 

Chanyeollie <3 is calling…

 

“What do—aish…” Baekhyun scratched his head and just stared at his phone as his mind was still half-asleep.

 

After it stopped ringing, Baekhyun closed his half-opened eyes and fall back on his bed. A few seconds later, the ringing of his mobile phone made him sit upright again and put a very irritated look on his face. Baekhyun would want to curse out a whole lot of words, but he just tried to keep calm and looked at his phone.

 

“A little past nine?” Baekhyun frowned. “So early…”

 

Chanyeollie <3 is calling…

 

“Yeoboseyoooo…” Baekhyun replied sleepily.

 

“Baekhyunnie! Good morning Baekhyunnie! How is Baekhyunnie doing this morning?” he replied in a really ecstatic voice.

 

“You’re seriously asking that question?” Baekhyun’s face cringed as he very well knew that the guy on the other line knows his situation.

 

“It’s been… eh. Yo—”

 

“How’s later today for you?”

 

“Err… you know I have work this evening right?”

 

“But that still at eleven Byunnie! Spend the day with me?” he replied in a very happy and expressive tone.

 

“Yes, yes, sure,” Baekhyun said something just so the conversation would go by faster.

 

“Great! I’ll text you the details, okay? Okay! Bye bye! See you later! I wub woo!”

 

Baekhyun’s eyebrows met. “What is this guy up to..?”

 

And before he could even reply, the person he was talking to already cut the conversation.

 

“Oh, well ,” Baekhyun’s eyes drooped as he crashed on his bed again.

 

Byun Baekhyun is a midnight DJ in charge of comedy and love consultations. His show runs for around four hours after midnight, which is why it is difficult for him to wake up at nine in the morning. Baekhyun and Chanyeol have been together for many years now and of course, Chanyeol would know what Baekhyun’s situation was.

 

He was just wondering why Chanyeol would call him that early for a date. But then he thought in his dream, “Oh right, that’s Chanyeol.”

 

Baekhyun just laughed in his sleep. “Probably won’t wait ‘til I get up. Love you, giant…”

 

----------

 

“Hey Baekhyun,” a deep voice came from behind Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun smiled as he knew who it was. He turned to face him and said, “Chanyeol, how long with you keep this up?”

 

Chanyeol kept a blank expression on his face as his eyes wandered around.

 

“Uhhhhhhh…” a deep and empty ‘uhh’ was what came out of his mouth. “Until I become yours?”

 

Baekhyun laughed as he turned to close his locker. “Sorry, Yeol, not interested.” He then gave out a huge smile.

 

“But Baekhyun…”

 

“Bye, Chanyeol, I have class.” Baekhyun kept that smile on his face as he walked into.

 

“Three… two… one…”

 

“Baekhyuuuuuun!” Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulder as he caught up. Chanyeol brought Baekhyun to a corner where people couldn’t see them.

 

“What, Yeol?” Baekhyun turned and faced him. “If this is another poem yo—”

 

Chanyeol leaned forward and planted a kiss on Baekhyun’s soft lips. Even if Baekhyun rejected Chanyeol every single time, from not being interested, he’s grown to have a liking towards Chanyeol, and he was testing how far Chanyeol can go.

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes and kissed Chanyeol back as his right hand held his kisser’s left cheek softly. As they both pulled away, they couldn’t help but look shyly into each other’s eyes.

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “I love you, Baekhyun.”

 

“I’m not your boyfriend yet and you say that you love me?” Baekhyun teased Chanyeol with his eyesmiles.

 

“I lied.”

 

Baekhyun’s expression suddenly frowned. “What… Ch-chanyeol—”

 

“I will never stop even if I become yours.” Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s hands together with his. “I love you so much. Can I be… yours?”

 

“I kissed back right?” Baekhyun smirked.

 

Chanyeol looked at him with his usual dumb expression.

 

Baekhyun laughed as he ran his hand down Chanyeol’s face. “That’s a yes, pabo.”

 

Chanyeol’s face suddenly lit up as he screamed in enthusiasm. He threw his hands in the air and hugged Baekhyun tightly.

 

Softly, he whispered, “Thank you… for accepting me in your heart.”

 

Baekhyun was caught by surprise at first but he just embraced his newly found boyfriend and—

 

“Aigooooo!! Stop ringing please, I’m trying to sleep…”

 

Baekhyun woke up from his dream; the memory of their first day loving each other.

 

“Yeoboseyoooo…” Baekhyun said sleepily as he put his mobile phone by his ear while lying down.

 

“Baekhyunnie!” It was Chanyeol again. “Let’s meet at the park later at around five, five thirty-ish?”

 

“Huh?” It was still registering in his head. “Ah, yes, yes, park at five.”

 

“I’ll check up on you again later, okay? It’s like nothing is registering in your head since you’re like half-asleep, haha.”

 

“You know me so well, Yeollie,” Baekhyun sent out a little chuckle.

 

“But it’s almost lunch time now, Byunnie,” Chanyeol replied.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll get up soon, thanks, Yeollie.”

 

This time, it was Baekhyun’s turn to put his mobile phone down. Much to Baekhyun’s dismay, he was right. His initial plan of sleeping in became what he told Chanyeol.

 

----------

 

Baekhyun placed a mouthful of ramen noodles in his mouth as he checked his Weibo account on his laptop. It was already half past twelve noon and Baekhyun was still sleepy. On these occasions, Baekhyun would usually listen to his friend Kyungsoo’s song covers that would relax him. Music ever made him sleepy, but rather, they would serve as energy boosters. It probably comes from his job, since he was a midnight DJ; he needed to adjust himself so that music would keep him up and not sleepy.

 

Talking about his work, there was one thing Baekhyun doesn’t really like about it. He doesn’t like it if listeners or fans ask him how his relationship with Chanyeol is. He would usually reply a boring ‘we’re doing well.’ He believed that his own love life wasn’t something people shouldn’t really dwell into, especially since he gives love advice and they are talking about the listener’s love life. Love was something private for him.

 

All-in-all, Baekhyun was happy. He was a fresh graduate, landed a good job, and is in a relationship with the best person in the world.

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

He’s the only person who truly makes him happy. Though there were times that they argued and got on each other’s nerves, they always patched things up. Chanyeol always loved him no matter what.

 

“Hey Yeollie, what’s this?” Baekhyun remembered that time when Chanyeol put this whole surprise for him for their fifth year anniversary two years ago.

 

“Byunnie,” Chanyeol greeted him with a huge and cute smile.

 

Baekhyun looked at his surroundings, which were covered in lights. He just walked in a dome of lights, but not too much that it would be bright; it was still had this dim effect. Chanyeol decorated the rooftop of Baekhyun’s apartment and prepared food for their anniversary.

 

Baekhyun laughed as he took a good look at everything. “Impressive, Yeollie, impressive.”

 

Chanyeol fixed his cap and brought out a bouquet of flowers for his lover. “I-it’s all for… you…” Chanyeol smiled shyly.

 

Baekhyun returned the shy smile back at Chanyeol and looked at his eyes sincerely.

 

“Giant,” Baekhyun chuckled a little as he got closer to Chanyeol. He carefully received Chanyeol’s flowers and held his hands. “Happy anniversary, Park Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol slowly leaned forward and gave a deep, passionate kiss on his boyfriend’s lips.

 

As they pulled away, their lips stayed just an inch apart from each other. “Happy anniversary… I love you.”

 

“I love you.”

 

That was one anniversary Baekyun would never forget. That day, he did everything by himself and gave a huge effort in making that day special for the two of them.

 

Baekhyun smiled and bit his lower lip as he reminisced on that memory of his. He gave out a huge sigh and drank the last bit of ramen in his bowl.

 

“Chanyeollie…” He closed his laptop and crossed his arms. “My life is nothing without you.”

 

Baekhyun felt loved.

 

----------

 

Baekhyun was on his way to the meeting place a little earlier than what Chanyeol told him. Suddenly, he just realized that Chanyeol never did remind him about their date anymore.

 

“Hmm… I can’t believe that pabo forgot,” Baekhyun laughed to himself as this was all classic Chanyeol: usually all words, a huge derp, and kind of forgetful. Baekhyun summed his boyfriend in one word: crazy.

 

“Hahahaha…” Baekhyun laughed even more just thinking about it.

 

“Good afternoon sir,” a street vendor caught Baekhyun’s attention. “Would you like to buy a flower?”

 

“Hmm…” Baekhyun thought as he bent down to see the flowers. His eyes caught a rather small, but lovely bouquet of white flowers. “These look pretty. What are they?”

 

“Ahh… are you in love, sir?” The street vendor asked as he gave the bouquet to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes squinted. “Yes..?” He took the bouquet and took a good look at it.

 

Lily of the Valley, sir,” he replied. “It means ‘return to happiness.’ You give this to a person you’re in love with; one you don’t want to leave; one you’re happy being with.”

 

Baekhyun had sudden thoughts of buying this. Without a doubt, he suddenly smiled at the vendor. “I’ll take one.”