V. Kim Jinhwan

Win Win Cafe

In the morning when the cherry blossom start ending blooming and left just couple of pink flowers in the pink tree and its welcome the hot sun. In the park she strangely stepped she lifted her foot hesitantly. She swallow her saliva before stepped more forward behind her, there were group of people.

The hot sun did not help to make her heart confident, she just did this because determine, she looked behind looked the group of people, they nod so did her. She looked straight to front again.

The girl with beautiful dark brown hair, tall and had nice body tried to approached the bunch of boy in front of her. Her friend was waiting and he walked straight alone, she fix her hesitant face to swag. She tried to look fierce.

“Ya! Over there, we had something done yet!” She approached the boy with the thick book.

“I said I am sorry, are you deaf at that time?” The boy coldly talked and did not bother to see her. She looked pissed and her fits naturally formed, but she calm her self.

“You! And your beloved car was ruined my day, and you said sorry like you killed one ant in the middle of your way.”

“Listen, I already apologized, and I wonder is this your way to approached me?”

“What?” She lost her patience. “You are rich yes but sadly you and your entire friends Doctor candidate is really annoying that’s why your department has many enemies.  No doubt.”

“I don’t care, if I became doctor, I success alone not because of you or another department.”

“You Bast….” The girl almost wanted to finish her word but suddenly.

“Junyong sunbae!” Approached another boy.

“Oh, Jinhwan!”

“Yo! Oh, Danah what are you doing here?” Said the boy called Jinhwan.

“Do you know her?” Asked the boy called Junyong sunbae.

“Of course. Danah-ah, what are you doing here?” Asked him with his sweet smile like always.

“I just….”

“You, if you want to take my challenge, I will apologize in front of your department building, how’s that sound?” Said Junyong interrupted Jinhwan and Dana

“What is that?”

“Wait, what is this?” The innocent Jinhwan did not know the matter.

“Go to this building, and take picture what inside in it. Call?” Dana looked at the paper where the building address, Jinhwan also.

“Wait, this building, are you crazy?” Asked Jinhwan to hiw friend little yelling.

“Call!” Said Dana, it was for her pride so he accepted the challenge.

“Wait, Dana you don’t know anything about this.” Said Jinhwan panicked.

“it’s just building, what so hard?” Dana more like he talked to Junyong.

“See? I’ll see you tomorrow.”

:::::::::::::::::::

“So this is the place?” Dana looked around that building, Dana really felt something was not right, it rumored an abundant building, but what Dana saw just something different, the painting was not looked like abundant at all. It was great Dana thought since she just needed to take a picture. “Not bad.”

Dana stepped her feet to the building, she was pretty surprise since it was pretty crowd, it was a school and Dana in a corridor, from what she saw, the first floor was for last grade. She went to a garden, she just bow to anyone, and found a lonely girl who sat under the tree while reading.

“Excuse me,” The pale girl looked Dana weirdly.

“You talked to me?” She was very cold.

“Of course, no one else.” Dana scratched his head which did not itch.

“What do you want?”  She was very chick to Dana.

“May I take a picture?” The pale girl looked more weirdly to her.

“Who are you?”

“My name is Dana, I am a student from law department, I just want to take a picture here,”

“Go ahead then.” It was the first time she smiles.

“You are beautiful.” Said Dana smile back to her. The student girl just looked down and smiled shyly.

Dana took a picture in the garden, Dana was very friendly girl, for just a second magically she got a new friend, she and the student girl looked friendly from afar, they talked about the school and the student girl had little tour to Dana, but she actually acted weird, somehow the student girl did that silently and somehow scared to looked other friend.

In the middle of tour, Dana and the student girl saw a crowd, Dana was so curious about that so she stepped forward, but what Dana found was no joke, it was a corpse. Dana closed did not believe what she just saw. Suddenly the crowd looked at her.

“She did it.” Scream a girl, Dana hold her breath it was a ridiculous joke she ever heard, but she realized the finger was not appointed her but what on her back.

“It was not me! It was not me.” The student girl Dana just made friend with run. Dana followed her but she disappeared so fast, Dana looked at her panicked; she tried to call the cops but Dana just trembling. Dana took her phone from her jacket coat, but she was so tremble to even touch a number, Dana had panicked attack she cried, she did not what to do.

Suddenly, someone touch her shoulder from behind, it was Jinhwan. Dana then woke up; she was at the outside building just like first time she came in there.

 “Dana what happen?” Jinhwan panicked also, she hold Dana shoulder so tight asked for an explanation.

“A body, a murder, a murder, she was not the culprit we should called the police, she was with me.” Said Dana randomly, Jinhwan just narrow his eyes did not understand what Dana said.

“What murder? Who? Who we talked about? I don’t understand Dana.”

“We should called the police.” Dana looked at her phone again, and cried again.

“YA! SONG DANAH!!!” Jinhwan yelled at her made her in the reality. “It was an abundant building, no one in there!

::::::::::::::::::::

A ball was rang in front of the door then its door’s handle moved and the door completely open. Outside the house, there was a girl and a boy, Jinhwan and Dana. Dana looked all pale and quite, just like she did not have desire to live anymore. While Jinhwan all quite.

Song Mino who opened the door was so confused, just a blank people who was not confused if he looked her sister like that all of sadden. Dana just walked forward and did not pay attention to her brother at all, nor say good bye to Jinhwan.

“What is it Jinhwan?”

“Yo hyung!” Greeted Jinhwan did not loose his manner.

“What happen?”

“It is not him, let him go, I met him in the way here.”  Dana explained without even looked at both of them.

::::::::::::::::::::

Dana was so anxious in her bed, she changed her sleep position every second passed.

“Dana ya, it was not me!”

“It was not her. I did wrong; I just can’t stand it anymore.”

Dana woke up, her sweat wet her hair and all her head, and then a strong wind came to her room fly the curtain Dana immediately closed her window. Dana scared her self, what she just had was something new to her. She wanted to called Jinhwan but she did not have his number.

Dana quietly entered her brother room; she searched for his phone, and got it. She began to search for Jinwhan name. But..

“Ya song Dana, what are you doing?” Her brother, Mino just woke up.

“Oppa, can I sleep here?”

“Dana, we are not minor anymore.”

“I see.” Dana just wanted to opened the door,

“I will sleep near the window, use the bed.”

“Thankyou oppa.”

After made sure her brother was fall asleep. She found Jinhwan’s name on Mino’s phone and immediately called him.

“Hallo hyung, what is it, it is so late hyung.” Jinhwan seemed like just woke up.

“Jinhwan shi, it is me Dana.”

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dana sat in the bench; it was not weird actually, for us. Dana sat on that bench more like she sat in the garden with all dead flower. She waited for someone obviously, if it was not, then she not dare to stepped her precious feet in there, Health department.

An unexpected person approached her; she took deep sigh she obviously did not want to meet him.

“So, you took picture?”

“You won; you don’t have to apologize or to talk to me anymore.” Dana actually took a pic of that building, but strangely it all broken.

“So, you failed?” The Junyoung boy locked Dana by hold to her shoulder so strong.

“Look, I don’t have any business with you anymore.”

“Ya Junyong, what are you doing?” The hero Jinhwan came in the right time. He saw Junyong hand position and made a pissed expression. “The lecturer called you.” Said Jinhwan looked totally pissed off. But seemed like the Junyong boy didin’t even look at Jinhwan but looked straight to Dana. “Ya! I Said the lecturer called you.”

“We still have something done yet.” Said Junyong without even bother to look at Jinhwan.

“What is it Dana?”

“I want to reveal the truth.”

Someone smiling in the hidden place.

::::::::::::::::::::::

“Are you sure about this?” Ask Jinhwan in front of the building.

“The dream chased me three times, I saw her face she was frightening, and depress.” She stopped for awhile, she took deep breathe. “I saw three girls in my dream; they the one who I met tried to tell me something.

“You see her name tag right?” Asked Jinhwan made sure.

“Obviously.”

“Ok, first we have to go to data base room, you explored it before right?”

“If it doesn’t change.”

:::::::::::::::::::::::

With hesitate, they walked forward to their direction, it was unfortunately that the room they wanted to go was not that close to exit gate. They might be did not realize but Dana was holding Jinhwan hand so tight, While Jinhwan took the lead of way like true gentleman. Both them aware of right, left, front and behind, just in case.

“This is the place.”

“Are you sure?” Dana only nod. “Let’s enter then.”

They separated for searched the data for the student, Yoon Shin Young that was the girl who met Dana couple days ago. They were searching for her Data it was not easy to search of her, of course since there were so many students in there. But fortunately the data place was so organizer well, so they eliminated for the impossibility.

“Ah, I found it, Jinhwan!” No answer from Jinhwan, Dana begin  panicked she searched for Jinhwan but couldn’t find any sign of him. Suddenly the door closed by its self, Dana was so frightening the door made blam voice so hard. She heard foot step, it was from hills of shoes Dana hid in the corner of room hold her breath by closed and she cried. And then, someone touch her shoulder, Dana almost scream but Jinhwan cover , it was Jinhwan who touched her shoulder.

Jinhwan then went to check the voice but it was nothing made fear to them, they got the data that was the important one so they out from that room.

It was not easy for them to get out from that building they should passed the corridor full of room, the room door one by one open so hard chase after them fortunately they made to get out. Dana cried so hard that she can even stood on her legs, but there was Jinhwan in there made situation was comfortable to her by hug her very tight.

::::::::::::::::::::

Dana and Jinhwan now arrived at a place, first they very hesitant, but indeed they knocked the door. The ahjumma picked from the door, she was looked did not want to show her face.

“What is it?” Said her so cold.

“We are friend of your daughter.”

“She is not here.” Said her wanted to closed the door.

“I know where she is, and I wanted to reveal the truth, your daughter is innocence I am pretty sure about it.”

:::::::::::::::::::

Shin Young P.O.V

I was sat under the tree my place I used to be very calm and very my self. Looked at them, so noisy so fake so disgusting. They pretend to strong, but actually they freighting so pathetic. They called me freak because I couldn’t get them, nor reach them what so mater, I should turn into with swan when I really enjoy my black swan? I don’t harm any one. I just wanna live that is.

They want to get attention, burn they true self. It was wrong. Friends, you guys did wrong no meter what you did, a mirror only show reflection of you, not the real you it is from your heart, not your look. You guys make friend of her because just want to be equal with her. So fake.

Ah, feel so wet, yeah this I got for not to be ‘fake’ hello bully. It was her. The school owner,  I used to it. After they make me wet by splash water to me I stay calm, not even bother to yell, it is waste of my time. I used to it I said so I brought a sub cloth, hah case solved.

“Are you ok?” Asked him. He is the one the only care about me, no one knows him including me, but I appreciated all the help.

The rule is; I fight, I got kick from this school but my mother wants me to become a doctor, I don’t give up so easily.

:::::::::::::::::::::

Best friend? What is it actually? What I remember of best friend was someone who left me for the fake one, to just being acknowledge by her, watched me suffer all the time.

One, two three, they walking in front of me. Looked so good.

“What you looking at pig?” Asked the princes and her so called best friend.

“Canteen.” I don’t even want to talk to her.

“How about your smell? I think it is now gone since we ‘bath’ you”

“Yeah, thank you.”

“Your welcome, Min Kyung You want to say something?”

 “Eh? Ah, Glad to know you stink don’t follow you around anymore.”

:::::::::::::::::::::

“Shin Young ah, I am sorry.” She asked for apologize? Cih, so snake.

“Who are you?” Choi Min Kyung, you are not you anymore.

END P.O.V

::::::::::::::::::::::

“OMG” Dana hold her breath, she just couldn’t believe what she just read.

“What, you read?” Asked Jinhwan saw Dana turned frozen. “Dana-ah?”

“I just confused, from what she wrote, she might did that.. but..”

“I think, you tired Dana, today was so hard, it is already night. Let’s go home.”

Again, Jinhwan and Dana walked and drawn by awkwardness, they might looked like couple but if you looked pretty close, they just stuck together since they investigate a serious case. And as a cold catch them deeper, finally their stepped did not let the cold win over them, they finally arrived at Dana’s house.

“Thank you for today.” Shy Dana little blush.

“I also want to thank you, this is our case, not only yours.” Said Jinhwan calm.

“Are you with me right?”

“Just call me when you need something.”

“Actually, I am afraid.”

“I can sleep over, but you know…”

“That’s not what I mean, are you not?”

“Think about it, actually I am, but you said that you want to reveal the truth so it will end well. Besides I have to protect you.”

“Eh?”

“What is this situation” A person open the door, it was him who else, Song Mino. “You Song Dana, go inside. And you Jinhwan whatever, just don’t go inside too. Its already lat at night, go home.”

“Alright, alright” Said Dana and Jinwhan almost at the same time, left the stupid face Mino.

“Ya! Song Dana.”

:::::::::::::::::::::

Jinhwan just stretch his body from her workplace, he just grabbed a book to read and decided to lie on his luxury bed, after he open sheet per sheet he threw his book in whatsoever. He couldn’t focus, his mind went to other thing it was her face, and he took deep sigh. Still in her position, he tried to reach his phone which rang and heard in his extra large bedroom.

“Yo hyung! Wassap?” Actually they just met on the café, but seemed like he wanted to tell him something.

“Ya! Jinhwan ya, Dana, Dana!!” Jinhwan immediately sat and change his expression.

“What’s wrong with her?”

“I don’t know, she just walks with blank look and go outside, I am after her right now, I don’t know where she going.”

“I think I know.”

::::::::::::::::::

I never felt so this happy before, I am actually not that kid who can get along that easily, I know who I am. Friendship zone is precious to me, not much people wanted to make me her friend I have a few but they were not called best friend.

I found her, she was really that chick girl, she has no friend, everyone seemed did not like her rude personality, but I do. She was my best friend Yoon Shin Young. People always judge from its looks, you just did not realize how amazing Shin Young, the important thing she showed the real her.

People just did not know, how though her life, what she had been through that you will say her smile was precious. My life was hers, and hers was mine.

People always said, why I made friend with her, I just smile. I like to smile.

::::::::::::::::::

We finally entered the high school, it was a famous high school, both of us got lucky to entered that school it was famous and good quality, Shin Young was smart, she got scholarship besides after graduated Shin Young wanted to be a doctor, that was a great school to entered, usually the doctor department looked for that school graduated and they easily got accepted.

That school owner also school in there.

::::::::::::::::::

Then, the worst part in my life came, my father forced me to make friend with her, my father was worked at her company. They told me to stay away from Shin Young but I did not want to do that. I got slapped.

They bought me some beautiful clothes and took me to doctor, they change my face little bit. First time I saw my new face in the mirror usually people got their smile but why my tears keep falling. Being beautiful never felt this hurt.

:::::::::::::::::::

Shin Young easily got bullied, it was because her, I followed her just like how tail stuck in the animal’s but. I did felt so sorry for her. Shin Young ah, Mianhe.

:::::::::::::::::::

Once, I got that question from Shin Young couple days ago, she said ‘Who are you?’ That question made me thought hundred, so here I am in the toilet again for cry. I heard a stepped walked in, from her voice it was her she mumbled by her self, talked about how bad Shin Young again, I couldn’t take this anymore.

And any second, I found a body in front of me; lie looked at me no breath. A cleaning Service saw it. But she came and comfort me, she took me on her place for awhile. She never open .

:::::::::::::::::

“Shin Young did that,” I heard the people keep talking the same thing. Each day my looks became mess, I dis not know how to take this world anymore, I can’t even saw my self in the mirror, I don’t care.

In the court, both of us became witness, the judgment show the proof the bracelet both of Shin Young and me have that bracelet I left when I killed her I did not wanted to be coward anymore, I’ll say.

“That was Shin Young bracelet.” Said a girl.

“It’s mind and Yes, I did that.” Said Shin Young stood, and I saw her own bracelet in the floor.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

No life for a coward like me. I looked at a rope hung in front of me, in the hole I saw another world. Good bye world.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Dana! Song Dana! Dana wake up!” Dana blinked  tears keep falling from her cheek she kneeled down and screaming, she felt really hurt, in her heart.

“What’s wrong Dana?” Song Mino hugged her sister but Dana then reached Jinhwan’s hands and both of them holding hands, Mino pursed his thick eyebrow.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dana and Jinhwan once again became a detective to find a witness from a case ten years ago. And they made it, but if the women was really hard  to get then she might the witness from years ago, but not it need little effort to open her mind Dana even beg in her knee to open the case and reveal the truth but it was hard.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

Already two month after all that happened, the weather completely changed in to hot summer, Dana always has a letter to send to the witness lady, this girl never give up.

“Any respon yet?” Ask Jinhwan in the hot summer day.

“No, there is nothing.” Dana was so looked sad it clearly imprinted in her eyes.

“Who are you? Are you really Song family?”

“Ya! I am different from my brother, he is truly dumb!” Said Dana smile and show her with teeth.

“You are still a Song though.”

“Ya!” They ended up by laughing together.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Dana yah?” A husky voice in the living room made call for someone in the kitchen.

“What’s wrong?” Said Dana appeared from kitchen she open her eyes wide open too see what in the news.

“Police open the case about a murder case in a high school ten years ago. A new witness open and reveal the truth. Yoon Sin Young is innocence and Park Min Kyung is the murderer.”

Dana immediately grabbed her phone “Jinhwan-shi, do you watch the news?”

:::::::::::::::::

A girl rashly run in the corridor made a nosy voice, she wanted to reach the room where Dana was in there.

“Dana ya! Outised! Ouside!” Said Dana friend just like a dog run after her.

Dana then steeped closer to a silhouette in front of her, who became no longer a silhouette it was clearly him, she knew that face clearly. That was Junyoung Boy, he stood under the tree waited for her.

“What  are you doing here?” Said Dana very cold.

“I want to say thank you.”

“For what? Isn’t you have to say Sorry instead Thank you?”

“I am sorry. And I want to thank also. Thank you so much.” He bow 90 degrees bow made Dana looked so confused.

“Ya, Yoon Junyoung! What are you doing here?” Shouted a boy from afar, he walked closer and it was Jinhwan.

“I just want to say what I have to say. I’ll leave.” Junyoung then left both of them.

“Yoon?” Asked Dana to her self, she then silence and made a blank expression. Thought.

“Song Dana, are you ok?” Asked Jinhwan worried.

“I am fine. What’s wrong?” Said Dana back to the reality.

“No, well I don’t wanna waste time so I’ll to the point. It was a stressful for us couple days ago, so I just want to ask if you free tonight?” Jinhwan avoid Dana eyes looked nervous. Dana eyes wide open, but she soon realized that it embarrassed her.

“I guess, I’m free tonight.” Dana also looked nervous.

“Oke, I’ll pick you at 7. Bye.” Then Jinhwan immediately made Dana faced her back. “By the way,” Jinhwan turned to faced Dana once again. “It’s not Jinhwan-shi, just Jinhwan.” This time, he left Dana completely with adorable their lips.   

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

FIN.