IV. Song Mino

Win Win Cafe

At that spring night, when the winter already gone left the cold weather, the blossom flower made the side road even prettier, but left the cold weather, still the people keep their coat tight and yet made them warmer.

There was a cafe standing alone with their atractive colour and really good atmosphere look from the outside. Not only at the outside, at the time when the bell rings, as a door was opened you will welcomed by some of boys.

The Boys in there were very cheerful; someone sweet like sugar, there was so dear like a deer and many other characters. You will so grateful around them, some of there can make you day.

A smile printed in her smile when her left foot step the marble floor. She scanned for someone she already known for couple of years, or maybe when he opened her eyes for the first time in her life, she already saw him.

Song Dana’s P.O.V

I sat immediately at my favorite spot. I remember where it was I can find it with my eyes close. I open my coat as the place was warmer. And now wait till the bright face approached me.

“Ya! Song Dana!” Said a bright face in front of me. It was Bobby.

“Ya Kim Jiwoon, I’m your noona. Be polite.” Said me with my smile. He was standing in front of me now, and asked for my order. Yeah, I just wanted to enjoy some coffee, not looked for the tan skin Song Mino. My big bro. When I said all to Bobby, he nod and then gone, I saw a boy then, when he left, he was asking a costumer too. Somewhat I am glad it was Jiwoon who approached me; I’ll be dead when he was the one. I looked at him once again; crap he looked at me too. He smiled. That sweet smile tho, I return his smile, and then he gone. I can already felt my blood gathered in my face.

“Ya! Song Danah!” A husky voice again, but this time was not Bobby, who else. He sat beside me without asked before. Song Mino.

“Mmm.?” Mumbled me as I looked at him, he looked at with that, ‘what you jus did’ look. “What?” Ask me for explanation.

“So, the boy is him?” I pursed my eyebrow. What he just talked about. “So, it is him. KIM JINHWAN.” All eyes on me. You oppa. I hate you.

“Ya!” I covered and smile to other costumers, Mino as a waitress bow to other, and then they back to their own activity. “Ya! Oppa! It was misunderstanding.” I said defended of my self, how if Jinwhan knew? No.

“What kind of misunderstanding? Ah, so you always come here not because your oppa?”

“Oppa, stop being childish, even tho only one who works at here is Dara unni, I will visit this place no meter what. Beside, what if I like him is it wrong? I am bigger now, you said even Hanbin already have a girlfriend, for godsake I am older than him. I am 19 and normal. Now stop being childish and back to work.” My coffee already ordered, this time the sweet Yunhyung brought it for me. He placed the coffee in front of me and watched my useless fought with my oppa while smiling.

“What if he hurt you, that guy you like?” Said Oppa very childish besides I am not sure Kim Jinhwan not that type of guy. Wait, what I was just thought, I shake my head.

“Oppa, please move on.” This time was very sensitive, I talked the past time he didn’t want to remember. But he was a normal guy it has been four years ago. I just wanted to see my dearest oppa smile for a women again, my probable sister in law.

“You talked that again, Song Danah, we are done.” My Oppa now left me with that gloomy face. Even I knew he will be back to cheerful ones, I knew that his heart was not that good situation from now.

“Is there any secret Mino hyung hide from us? Move on from what? Who?” Ask Yunhyung very carious, I knew that it was painful so oppa will not talk about this to anyone. I looked at him once again, he nod at me, seemed like he wanted to me who tell them, it was about three years since they gather together in this cafe, no more secret I guess. When I daydreamt for moment, I realized a bunch of boys already in front of me, including Kim Jinwhan. I sigh, well let’s begin the story.

:::::::::::::::::::::

MINO P.O.V

“AAAAAA, OMG, Mino-ya, he is so handsome, OMG he is so cool.” Screamed a girl beside me, we were watching a basketball match, between club, this time our school vs another school. It held in our school.

“AAAAAA, isn’t he lovely?” Said her again.

“YA! So noisy, can we just watch in peace?” I touched my ears it was so noisy in here, what the hell with those girls, were they even understand the game was? I  were not sure. And what the hell with the captain every girl crazy about? Excuse me; I even more charming than him.

“How can we watch it in peace when he made score?”

“Do you even understand the game?”

“Off course, the club who has point the most is the winner.” Said her with her sparkle eyes looked at the captain.

“What the?  Up to you.” Just in case the sparkle eyes was meant for me. I sigh.

::::::::::::::::::::::

DANAH’S P.O.V

“Her name was Kazuha Ha Na, all people even me called her Ha Na. She used to come in my place just to stay with me, she was very beautiful. And the captain named Woo Ji Ho, people called him Zico. Ha Na was Japanese; her mother was, but her father was truly a Korean. She moved at Korea in the middle semester of first grade in High school. And that was when she met Mino at the first time.”

::::::::::::::::::::::

MINO’S P.O.V

There were much girl in this world; there was a player, a bad girl, and the kind hearted. I were not that type who count on girl that much. There was a girl, when you looked at her smile, the entire flower blossom around you, the wind blew your hair and I saw it almost everyday.

We always walked around in the way home from school, when her cheerful personality full my day. She talked and told me her problem each day, two years ago the conversation was really interesting, we always ended up laugh together and she ran toward me while smiling.

Lately the convo became one topic, which I really don’t like it. She always talked about a boy at school. Imagine when you self titled girl talked about other guy. Painful, it was. But you should accept the reality about destiny played your hard this hard. Anything for her smile did not disappear.

:::::::::::::::::::::

“Song Mino!!!” Approached her like always, I lifted my head to see her, and back to my sleep. We were in class right now, early in the morning, I still not accept that morning came too fast. “Ya! I will tell you good news! This is a hit!” Said her keep shaking my body. Oh, my dearest Ha Na, anything to you.

“What” said me still sleepy.

“Look!” She showed me her phone. Well yeah, nothing’s new. A flip flop phone in pink case. I look at her asked for explanation. “Don’t you see the message?” Then I took it, a name written on her message convo.

“Zico?” Well, no wonder why she already nagged in this early morning. I can see black shadow over there, will eat me slowly. God, stop this, I can not endure the pain any longer.

“Great isn’t it?” Asked her hug her phone wit bright face. I forced my self.

“Well, well.”

:::::::::::::::::::::::

The black sky reminded me so much about her. Kazuha Ha Na. The bright moon just like her character. The shining star just like her eyes. The black sky, just like her long hair. I was really crazy. My curtain of window flew by wind, spring already, month later then we left the high school.

I saw my phone rang I walked from my balcony lazily, and then I saw her name on my phone. Kazuha Ha Na.

“SONG MINO!!!!! HE SAID HE LOVES MEEEEHHHH!!! WE JUST BEEN A COUPLE TONIGHT!!” I blank for a moment. You can call me crying baby. But, I did cry. Thank god, at least someone was happy. She was happy. Oh, if this night will never over. I can not  face tomorrow. Even so, when I woke up tomorrow morning, I hope this was a bed dream.  “Mino-ya!?”

“Ah, Congrat.”

:::::::::::::::::::::::

I entered the classroom after forced my self to accept the reality. I saw her played with her phone, must be talked to him. I sighed deeply ten sat on my chair. She did not approach me at all. I saw her, her eyes looked so horrible.

“Are you that great that you can not sleep?” Asked me to her.

“Oh, Mino-ya. “ So, she just realized my existence. “What did you say?”

“I said, your eyes got swollen, are you that happy that you can not sleep last night?” Then suddenly she looked so nervous.

“Ah, Ye… yes. Don’t bother my convo with Zico, and well Mino, begin for today I will never go home with you.”

I knew for begin, when the first time she said that she have fallen for him, my life soon or fast will be like this. Empty.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Today was so special, for my birthday she promised to have a date to me, and abundant Zico thing. So, here I was sitting in the bench at our favorite park near our hometown. I knew that this was spring, but the cold seem like did not want to leave. It was been an hour but I can not even saw her silhouette in somewhere. Then I was my phone, I saw her message.

Zico suddenly doesn’t feel good. He is sick. I hope you understand.

Happy Birthday Song Mino. I said to my self. Well, she forgot to say that.

:::::::::::::::::::::

After that accident did not say sorry at all. Suddenly I lost my beloved someone. I rarely saw her, I just saw her in class, and even so we rarely talk. I might cry on the spot. I blind of jealousy. However I lost my best friend. She always avoids eye contact to me. Well, fine if that was for her happiness.

:::::::::::::::::::::

Close for our graduation, all people was busy prepare for the exam, as for her she learnt that much, her face got pale each day; I really wanted to tell her. But that closeness between us already disappeared. Somehow I felt that her no longer my business.

::::::::::::::::::::::

It was graduated, everyone was so happy. However I did not saw her. Where is she?

Then I heard that she just entered the hospital. I feel broke.

:::::::::::::::::::::

I held the bucket of flower, I hope she did not mind I visited her. I felt a bit nervous tho. I hope she glad to see me.

When I entered her room, I saw her laugh together with him. A doctor also around her too, she tried to walk I guess. What her disease anyway, why she even.. I realized all eyes on me now.  I stay frozen at my place.

“Doctor, and Zico, can you guys out I have to talk to him for a moment.” Said Ha Na very cold. Are you Ha Na I have been known over these three years? Where are you Ha Na?

“But Ha Na,” Said Zico miserably. I was going to puke.

::::::::::::::::::::::

“Long time no see, Mino ya!” Said her distance me.

“Mm, how are you? Are you oke?”

“I am fine. I don’t want to waste my time Mino-ya. From now on, stop meeting me. Zico doesn’t like it.”

Just take me god.

“If you said so. Bye.”

And that was the last time I saw her.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

Break for graduation, I felt not really good. I did not know, somehow inside my heart something will disappear forever.

“Oppa!” My little sister, Song Danah was crying, grieve.

“What’s wrong?” I immediately hug her.

“Ha Na unni is dead.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

DANAH’S P.O.V

“She must be really hurt.”

“Not just her. But both of them.”

“No mater how he flirt with another women, his heart imprint with only one girl. Even they can be together, in the end it still a sad ending.”

 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

At this afternoon, I smell the scent again. Not that scent that stuck in your nose, but the scent that stuck in your memory. At this river we used to visit I breathe deeply, but no meter how hard I breathe you will never came back.

My head now just like a projector; it showed our memory in orange sky. My tears fell as every minute the orange sky show your laugh to me.

If I can turn the time, if I knew that you will leave me forever like this. Do you remember last word you told me? It just too pain to tuck in memory. Too hurt to accept that I live with that word you left me.

A person came to approach, I knew who he was. I immediately erased my tears. 

“No need to look strong. I cried too.” I did not respond to him. “I will not say sorry. I was the victim. But,  it was for her last wish. At least, I can be her boyfriend in her last moment.” I turned my head saw him. He talked nonsense. But he just gave me a book. A diary. Written Kazuha Ha Na. “Read it, I don’t know I if it makes you feel relieve or mad, but I don’t want to hide something. I believe Ha Na also want this. Indeed, she told me to this. I am leaving.” I saw the tall figure left. Step by step I only saw her silhouette and he gone, left me with Ha Na memory. I saw the book again. Pretty thick.

The book was square not too big, nor small. Novel size. I watched the gloomy sky again then I opened the book. In the first page her pretty face in a small photo shown as sign that it was hers.

:::::::::::::::::

HA NA’s POV

“Mom, Dad, I want to move.”

“Doue Ha Na?”

“It’s dead penalty mom, dad, I don’t want to be in prison any longer.”

:::::::::::::::::

I stepped Korea at the first time, this is where my mom grow. It’s pretty beautiful here. I smell the weather. It felt good. I have different feelings about this, unreasonable I was so exited.

:::::::::::::::::

So this was my school, lots different in Japan but I was sure that I’ll adopt well. So here I was. Ha Na ganbate! When I about to lift my feet a person suddenly bumped my back; consequently I dropped all my books.

“I am sorry.” He said in husky voice while putting my books.  “This yours, you are new student?” Asked him pursed his eye. Nervous I just nodded. “I see,”

“Zico, hurry we’re late.” A friend of him called him. He immediately left.

“Ah, Zico.” Without I even realized, I smiled.

:::::::::::::::::

“Annyong haseo, Kazuha Ha Na Imnida. It is nice to meet you all.” I introduced my self in front of class just like what I saw on tv. The atmosphere was really good, the girl and boys seemed really nice. They welcome me as they smiled at me. They were all pretty and handsome. My eyes suddenly on the corner of class, a tan boy sat without pay attention to me at all.

“Ha Na, your Korean is really good.” Said a cool teacher.

“Yes, my mom is Korean”

“I see , you may sit down.” I immediately looked for sit, seem like the empty chair was in front of the tan boy. He still did not wake up from his day dreaming even when I already sat. I then looked at him I hit his table; he seemed surprised then finally looked at me.

“What the. Eh? Who are you?” Asked him seemed did not realized a new person just officially join in his classroom.

“Kazuha Ha Na. Your new friend.” I said while I lend my hand. He looked me with weird look. “Ya! When someone lend her hand, you should reach it.” I grab is hand make her shake hand with me. He looked really funny with that looks. I still shake her hand while he still look at me weirdly. I looked at his name tag. Song Minho. I turned my head back to face the teacher I laughed at my self remember his face. He was so funny.

“What was that?” I heard him mumbled and I laugh even more.

:::::::::::::::::::

“Ya! Song Mino” I screamed when I entered the class and saw him. It’s been almost two years since I move. Everyone here was very nice they knew me very well. Including knew my relationship with Mino they used to it.

“It’s early morning Ha Na.” Said him with his sleepy eyes.

“Ya! Wake up! Did you did your homework?”

“WHAT? What homework?” His sleepy eyes tuned into wide open.

“I knew it. Here, I already made for you.” I give my book a homework book for him. Just like always.

“Oh my god Ha Na, don’t you know how much I love you?” Said him with disgusting face.

“Stop it before I puke here.” I hit his head with that book. It was really nice actually, when I did that I felt like I was happy. I did not tire at all. It was not for made him become depend and stupid. I did my job as a teacher for him in every lesson. He was not that stupid after all, he listened teacher very well he was a good boy. He just always forgot his homework.

I really like him, like I will forget everything around him, sometimes I feel like I will stay with him forever. Every blossoming flower I feel like my heart also blossoming. I tasted every cold ice with vanilla toping with him in every summer. I enjoy the falling leaf with him while laughing to his jokes when we walked to home. And we tight each other craft while I forced him to play snowball with me in every winter.

Somehow I forgot what always been followed me in every step. He can make me forget about that. Yes, I love you too Song Mino. I do love you.

::::::::::::::

“How is it doctor?” I asked desperately.

“Ha Na…… Could you please don’t force your self?” Said the doctor also desperately.

“So, it getting worse ha?”

“Ha Na, please stop doing thing normal people do.”

“BUT I AM NORMAL DOCTOR.” I can not endure it anymore; I am a normal person doctor. I cried in front of you now. I am a normal person. I love a things and I don’t want to leave what I love.

::::::::::::::::::

I think I made a great decision until I regret everything. It was a winter when we just enter the last grade of school, I came to his house. Everyone welcome me very well, just couple of hours I made friend with her little sister Danah, she was so pretty. I always came in his home even without him just to play with Danah. It was like I was a part of this family.

I freely came to Mino’s room without permission. Just wonder. I entered with smile. Until I found his desk and a book, It was a song’s book. He really likes music, he can play instrument well, it was a music sheet  and it was imprinted musical notes.  I thought he created a song. In the middle of that book, I read a really sad fact.

My heart went so hurt, god what should I do? I don’t want hurt him. What to do? I don’t want to leave him like that. What to do?

I immediately out from that house, Danah caught me cry. She asked me if I was well, I told her yes and told her to keep secret to her brother about this.  

::::::::::::::::::

“Kazuha Ha Na, when we first met in the gates, I fell for you. Will you be my girlfriend.”

“I am sorry Zico, I can not.”

“I see, that bastard Song Mino ha?”

“You are popular Zico, you will get miss right soon.” Zico was about to leaving but suddenly something mad popped in my head.

“You might be my boyfriend but will you do something for me?”

“What is that?”

“Lying.”

:::::::::::::::::::

DANAH’S P.O.V

“Wait, wait, what she found on hyung’s book?” A manly voice interrupted me. Wait I knew that voice.

“Eh? June, when did you get here?” Then I looked the one besides his there were Donghyuk, Lalice and even Dara unnie? They nod in synchrony. I remember when Ha Na unni cried at that time. I lady with sweet smile popped in my head. “It was…………”  

:::::::::::::::::::::

HA Na’s P.O.V

“AAAAAA, OMG, Mino-ya, he is so handsome, OMG he is so cool.” We were in Zico’s match. I screamed like normal girl saw her idol. I sound soulless but I tried my best to lie. It was hurt Mino ya. Were you feel the same?

:::::::::::::::::::::

“SONG MINO!!!!! HE SAID HE LOVES MEEEEHHHH!!! WE JUST BEEN A COUPLE TONIGHT!!” Another soulless.

“Congrat.” Said him feels like a numb person. I immediately hung the phone.

God, why did this happen to me? I con not breathe it just like my breathe taken away somewhere as his voice so deep and soulless. What just I did, is this right decision? Wall in my back do not just silence, answer me. Why my tears keep falling. Curtain in the wall, do not just moved by wind erased this tears please. Moon in the sky please give him comfort and strength. Heart in my body, what to do?

::::::::::::::::::::::

With my bleeding hands for bear my blood falling from my nose, I tried to hurt him more.

Zico suddenly doesn’t feel good. He is sick. I hope you understand.

Last full stop In that massage I did not know what happen anymore. It was dark, I saw you those memory flash, I saw me and all friend celebrate your birthday. After they left it was just you and I left and we did crazy things together. After that it was total dark. I scared Mino-ya.

Happy Birthday.

:::::::::::::::::

I woke up in white, where it is? Heaven? But I looked my parents. Hospital, the prison in cover.  

“No one knows right?” I asked to them, they nodded. I saw my mom’s eyes got swollen again. “Mom, stop crying.” They did not answer.

:::::::::::::::::

I keep entering school no meter what happen. I realized that my skin got pale each day. Final exam soon, I will make my self busy in order to avoid him. I just did not want to make him worry by knowing my condition. I will never tell him.

::::::::::::::::::

Graduated, I want to hug you for the last time. But all I did just lie down with all medic machine in my body.

::::::::::::::::::

While I got therapy a person knock, without second he open the door it Mino. Oh my, don’t look at me like this Mino, I looked pathetic.

::::::::::::::::::::

“Doctor, and Zico, can you guys out I have to talk to him for a moment.”

“Long time no see, Mino ya!” Said her distance me.

“Mm, how are you? Are you oke?”

“I am fine. I don’t want to waste my time Mino-ya. From now on, stop meeting me. Zico doesn’t like it.”

“If you said so. Bye.”

And that was the last time I saw him.

I heard him slam the door, my feet no longer can bear my body, I bit my lips as hard I can, but still hurting heart and tears in synchrony very well. I just  lying on whatsoever I can not endure it anymore it just too hurt to face. With tears keep falling, I cried in silence.

God, can I just dead?

::::::::::::::::::

At the time I entered your room, I feel like I was the only one hurt I want to keep it like that. Your beautiful musical notes which imprinted in your book brought a change I found a words written in there.

“I Love her. God, I love her but, seems like she doesn’t like me like that. Just as a brother. What to do? If I say it will I lose her? Will I lose our friendship? If I say I love her as a women.”

I will leave you Mino ya. Do not love me. I will hurt you in the end. What to do Mino ya? I thought when we holding hands, only my heart which blossoming. I thought when we hug only my heart felt warmer. I thought when you said you loved me jokingly I was the only one who overjoyed.

Did you feel the same Mino ya? I am sorry if you did.

If I can rewind the time, I wanna once again feel the wind enter my pores. I want to let my breath out to blew your or my birthday candle. I want this fingers hold your hand longer. I wanna this brain process your jokes. I want to feel how hurt my stomach laugh around you.

I don’t blame God, by created you and me like this. I don’t the destiny which brought us this far, I don’t blame my weak body but I am so sorry to time that I blame you in this case, if only I have time to be with him longer, if only I don’t leave him this soon.

In the end, I decided to make you hate me and I am sorry.  

I love you, Song Mino

 

Ha Na.

::::::::::::::::::::

No One’s P.O.V

In the nice view when almost sunset in the beautiful lake, there was a boy who sat in a bench. A tan boy who read. As sky got darker he closed his book. He erased his tears and sighed deeply. He looked at the sun which almost lost by moon.

“Fool.” Mumble him.

“I love you too. Ha Na.”

:::::::::::::::::::