Chapter 2- Strangers or Friends?

People who changed my life.

-Xiumin’s POV-

Was she really that girl from 2nd grade that I went to school with...Ahra. She hasn’t changed abit, still a beauty like before. *flashback* "Hey! Come back here! Give me my lollipop!" Ahra shouted to me. "No! I got it now! Haha!" "Ooohh....Xiumin likes Ahra! HAHA!" came a voice from one of the classroom windows. It was one of the biggest bullies of all time... "...lets go Ahra, don’t want to get hurt from those baddies.” I told Ahra I thought about what the bully had said, then I realised, I do like her. A lot. She has been my friend since kindergarten. We grew closer each year. I took her hand and ran behind the sheds, I gave her a new lollipop and we played there for a while, until the teachers found us. *end flashback.* She was my first ever crush, I liked her more than anything back then. I never told her anything though. I still think about those times from time to time, I loved my time at primary school, and the memories I had with her were the most strongest and vivid. We understood each other as if we grew up together since birth, but all got ruined in high school. We got separated and she moved to Australia with the family because her dad had found a job there. We didn’t keep in contact much and soon, we pretty much forgot about each other. Even though she left, those memories were never forgotten by me, not sure about her though, she probably moved on anyways. Wait...what am I thinking...do I still have feelings for her?! After all those years...urgh...I don’t even know anymore. Then I saw a person appear behind me.

-Ahra’s POV-

I decided to run in to find him and I was lucky the body guards accepted my excuse (I have food poisoning and I feel like puking). I walked in to find Xiumin looking at himself with a confused look, he looked as if he was in a deep thinking mode. "Oh, um hi?" Xiumin turned around and greeted me. "Erm hi, I’m sorry, d-did I-I …” but was cut off by Xiumin. “No, don’t worry, it’s fine. I’m fine" he seemed really shy and confused, it was an awkward silence sort of scene, neither of us knew what to say. "Hey. Um...are you okay? Why did u look at me like that?" I asked without thinking. I have a feeling that this wouldn’t end well. "Oh, I-I’m not sure, it’s nothing. Uh, why don’t u give me a call later after this fan meet? Here’s my number," he wrote down his number on a piece of paper and handed it to me. I looked at it with excitement, but at the same time, I’m worried. It’s cool to get a K-Pop stars number but why so sudden? I still don’t understand. I gave him a shy smile and he ran back to the table where all the other members were.

I walked outside and just stood at the entrance to the bathroom doors, I saw Chen, whom was sitting next to Xiumin, asking him what had took so long. There wasn’t a reply from Xiumin. The members started to look a bit worried for Xiumin, since he wasn’t smiling or waving. He suddenly turned into the 'cold guy', Kris is supposedly meant to be, having nothing but a blank expression on his face. I waited at the café next to the venue after the fan meet. "Ahra! Are you coming or not?!" My friend, Sujin shouted. "Yeah, um, I need to see someone, you guys go first and I’ll just catch a train to the hotel later!" I replied. One of my friends shot me a very suspicious look, but shrugged it off as they all drove off in the van.

It’s almost 6pm, and I couldn’t see Xiumin or any of the members walk out of the gates, I was hungry and tired. I wanted to go home but I really wanted to talk to Xiumin in person, not just over the phone. What also annoyed me was that I didn’t manage to get any of my things signed either, since I was busy chasing Xiumin and thinking about all the possibilities. Sooner than I thought, it was 7 and I finally saw the EXO van drive out. I walked over and saw Suho roll down the window. "Hey, jump in we can drive you home.” I was confused, "what no, I can’t...I have something important to..." I was once again cut off by Xiumin, “I told them, just get in." His voice was cold and it certainly didn’t seem like the Xiumin we all knew he was. So I jumped in, I looked at every member and they all looked drowsy yet handsome. Luhan and Chanyeol were sleeping and they looked so adorable. This was probably the coolest thing ever but with Xiumin’s and my situation clouding my thoughts, everything seems so much less exciting. I glanced over at Xiumin and he was just staring out the window awkwardly. This drive was exactly what I had imagined it to be, awkward.

After a half an hour drive, the chauffer parked outside of the hotel I was staying in. Before I got off, Kris whispered in my ear, "Meet tomorrow at the same cafe." I felt really awkward, so I just nodded and bowed to them. Soon they drove off. I felt really weird, considering the fact that I only just met them in the afternoon, yet I’m supposed to call Xiumin and meet up with Kris. Right now I seriously hope this is all a dream. I walked into my hotel room revealing my parents and friends sitting around my bed playing games. "You definitely took your time,” my mum smirked. I didn’t know what to say my cousin, Jiyeon, winked at me. As if she knew what was going on. "She was meeting her boyfriend.” I can’t believe she just said that… "No I wasn’t! I just met up with an old friend who lived close by, that’s all!" I lied, I didn’t want any of them finding out. "Urgh, I’m going to bed now, bye guys!" I forced them out of the room and flopped onto my bed. I started to think about what had happened today. I have a strong feeling tomorrow is going to be a busy day...