CH 2: breaking the ice

We Got Married || EXO Edition
 s t o r y [ OO7 ] - chapter image 

chapter two; 

                 breaking the ice

bird_divider.gif

» Kai & Sora

"I'll go first." Sora lifted up one of her clue cards and showed it to Kai. "What so important about pirates?" That particular clue was the one that drove Sora mad, it  was vague and so weird that it  made no sense. Kai chuckled and took the card from Sora's hand, "Pirates is from the movie 'Pirates of the Caribbean' which happens to be my favorite movie." 

"Oh... that makes so much sense now. It's been bugging me for the longest time." Sora scratched her head, "Why is it your favorite movie?" She asked,  hoping to lengthen the conversaton.

Kai looked up to the ceiling, thinking of a reason. "Because it's cool...?" He have a slow giggle, "There really isn't a reason really." Sora just smiled. "I'm like that too. I have a bunch of favorite movies but can't decide why I like them. I get distracted easily sometimes..." She trailed off towards the end of her sentence. Kai nodded in agreement. "I never took you as the distracted type..." He mumbled. 

"Why is that?" Sora tilted her head. Kai got flustered, hoping that Sora didn't hear his statement. "Well it's because your so... pretty. Plus you read which means you're smart.... then again I'm assuming.... NOT the pretty part. You're ver y pretty and.... yeah..." Kai stopped himself before the situation got awkward. 

Sora looked down at her cards, avoiding eye contact with Kai. "Um... thank you?" She picked up another card. "Shall we continue?"

"Yes please."

The next clue card stated 'HaHaHa.' "I'm pretty sure that this is the HaHaHa Song my TVXQ, but how does that pretain to you?" Sora pointed the card at Kai. "Wow  you are smart... I actually made a cameo in the HaHaHa Song music video way back when." 

"So you worked together with TVXQ before the breakup? That's pretty awesome." Sora said in awe. "Since I'm part of CJeS Entertainment I get to see the members of JYJ all the time, but never the other TVXQ members."

Kai was just learning new things after another about Sora, he didn't even know she was under CJeS. "Well that pretty cool too, that you get to work personally with JYJ." Sora just smiled and lifted up her last card, which was the 'SHINee' card. "I can actually guess this one, now that I know that you're my husband." 

Kai raised an eyebrow, "Really? Then show me how smart you are then.... sorry that sounded weird." Sora laughed, "No it's fine, and I will show you how smart I am. You're close friends with Taemin, who just so happens to be a member of SHINee." 

"Ouh! You're right. Good job!" Kai clapped at Sora's achievement. His wife just blushed and smiled. "Okay now you're turn."

Kai nodded and lifted up the 'sky ' card. "This one is easy... well now that I met you. Sora means sky in Japanese, which is your name." He felt proud of himself for guessing it right.

"Oh your so close... My middle name is Sora, but my real name is Christine. I go by my middle name because it's easier to pronouce in Korean." 

"Christine huh?" Kai repeated Sora's real name over and over until it sounded normal to him. "Is it alright if I call you Christine?" Kai randomly asked. Sora looked confused but shrugged. "Sure... but why? Sora is so much easier to say."

Kai smiled but looked down. "It could be the special name that I call you. You know since we're married now..." He glanced up to see Sora smiling. "O-Okay then. I have no problem with that."

Kai's smile widened. "Alright... now this clue." He lifted up the 'global' card, "I have no idea what this is honestly...." Sora just laughed as she took the card. "I'm not surprised that you didn't get it. The global means for global actress, since I've acted in movies and shows overseas, though never in Korea." 

"So that makes you like a bright star?" Kai asked. Sora blushed, "W-Well not a star... I'm not sure really..." The library then grew quiet as the couple just stared at each other.  "U-Um the last card." The 'strawberry' card was the only one left. "I'm guessing you love strawberries." Kai smiled. Sora nodded happily, "They are my favorite thing in the whole entire world."

Kai laughed, "I've never met anyone who likes strawberries that much." Sora raised her arms in the air, "That's because I'm strawberries number one fan.... Wait that doesn't make sense..." She dropped her arms to the side and covered her face with her hands. "That was awkward."

Kai laughed louder than he should but patted Sora's shoulder. "No no... it was... cute." He gave a reassuring smile. Though he only made everything awkward when he kept his hand on Sora's shoulder, then quickly pulling it back behind his head. 

Thankful, Sora patted Kai's shoulder. "Thanks oppa. You can be cute too." 

"Is cute your ideal type Christine?" Kai asked before even realized what he said.  Sora was shocked by his question, "I don't mind cute.  Though I also like manly guys."

Kai frowned a bit, which Sora noticed. "But to me Jongin-oppa is pretty manly, especially on stage. You're very charismatic and cool whenever you perform." She said kindly, trying to cheer up the older boy. It seemed to work because Kai suddenly shot up from the couch. "I'll show you my manly side."

"What?" 

Suddenly Kai started to dance seriously in the middle of the library. Even without music, Kai still managed to capture a strong essence when dancing. His moves were clear and concise , which just made the performance better. Once Kai finished dancing he gave a small smirk towards Sora... right before running back to the couch and cover up his face.

.

Sora clapped after the performance, "Oppa that was so cool! Don't be embarrassed. Fighting!" She made a fist while patting Kai's back. "Oppa... that was daebak. Thank you for showing my that."

Kai peeked through his hands and finally smiled. "I'm glad you liked it." Sora continued to pat Kai's back and stopped when Kai was staring at her. "Hehe... Good job...?" She patted his back one more time then pulled her hand back. The two looked down at their laps,  not knowing what to do next. "Are you hungry?" Kai finally managed to gain the courage to ask Sora. 

"Yes. Yes I am. Do you know a good place to eat?" Sora brushed her hair behind her ear. Kai nodded, "I know a good sushi place close by, sounds good?" Sora jumped in her seat, "Sushi sounds so good right now. Let's go oppa." They stood up from the couch and walked out he library. When walking out the doors, Kai opened the door for Sora, letting her go first. When they walked the streets of Seoul,  fans noticed Kai right away, though they weren't much of a problem. The streets were crowded and while walking through the crowds, Kai placed his hand on Sora's back the whole time to guide her. Though the affection was small, it still made the awkward quite couple feel shy all over again. 

» Luhan & Clara

Honestly if Clara had to pick one moment in her life in which she felt so shy... it would be this particular moment. The new married couple were walking down the path in the park and that whole time, Clara was babbling like a fool. Whatever came to her mind she said. Normally Clara had some control over her talkative nature,  but now... not so much. *It's all Luhan-oppa's fault!* She thought while looking at said boy's face. Luhan walked beside Clara at a pretty close distance, he just stared at her, as if he didn't even know what to say to the younger girl.

Clara pouted, "Sorry... I'm such a chatter box."  Luhan then smiled, "You don't have to apologize, I just never met a girl who-" He got cut off.

"A girl who talks so much?" Clara raised one eyebrow, giving Luhan a teasing look. Luhan couldn't help but notice that the teasing expression on Clara's cute face and then smiled. "You got me there." He smiled sweetly at Clara.

"U-Um... yeah." Clara put one hand over her cheek. She was still wearing Luhan's white jacket, which was just a bit big for her so the sleeves extended all the way to her hands. "I like your jacket. It really suits you."

"You don't think it's too... pretty?" Luhan took the end of one of the sleeves and examined it on Clara, "It looks way better on you." The jacket was a bit on  the girly side. When Luhan bought it in the market, s pointed out that it was meant for a girl, which didn't make Luhan feel any better.

"Pretty? I think you make it super handsome." Clara placed her hand on her hip and struck a pose, "It makes me look like a dork." She then laughed, losing her coolness from the pose.  

Luhan suddenly started to laugh loudly. Clara pouted as Luhan laughed at her, "What's so funny?" She lightly hit Luhan's shoulder. She wasn't expecting for Luhan to laugh so hard, but it was nice to see him loosen up more. Luhan managed to calm his laughter, "You're cute Clara-ssi." 

Clara bowed her head to look at the ground . "T-Thank you..." She glanced to the right at the end of the path and noticed a small cafe, "Should we go in there?" Clara pointed to the cafe to get Luhan's attention. 

Luhan saw where Clara was pointing, and nodded. "That sounds like a good idea. I'm getting pretty cold..." 

Clara then felt a pit of guilt built in her stomach. All this time the couple has been talking about the jacket, when if fact Luhan was freezing his off the whole time. *He's been nice from the very beginning...* She followed Luhan towards the little cafe. Since she was walking behind Luhan, Clara was surprised when he stopped and reached to the side to open the door. "Ladies first." 

Clara looked back and forth from Luhan then at the door, not used to this type of affection. "Oh! O-Oh thank  you oppa." 

Once inside the snug little cafe, the couple ordered some coffee. "I would like a Chai Tea Latte with 3 shots of that cinnamon syrup." Clara leaned over the counter to point to the syrups. The boy who was working there  stared at Clara in awe, she was quite the cutie. "Anything for the cutie."

Luhan then stood right next to Clara and wrapped his arm around her, "And I'll like a White Chocolate Vanialla Latte." The boy noticed Luhan's protective around Clara and automatically regretted flirting with Clara. "Y-Yes sir." He got straigtht to work right away with the orders.

Clara looked at the hand that held a tight grip on her right arm, "Who knew Luhan-oppa would be so protective?" She looked up to Luhan's face and smiled. "Let's go sit down oppa." She seperated from Luhan's hold and walked towards a table. Unknowing to Luhan that Clara's heartbeat was going at the speed of light.

The couple sat across from each, waiting for their drinks. "Ne ne oppa, do you have those clue cards they gave us?" Clara asked as she pulled an gold envelope out of her purse. 

"Yeah I do." Luhan pulled out his clue cards and laid them in front of him.  "I totally forgot about them actually."  He was so busy talking to Clara, that the clue cards were last on his mind. 

Clara took her clues out of the envelope and then suddenly took Luhan's card. She held them like cards in a game of poker, " Just pick a random  card." 

Luhan chuckled at Clara's idea of a game and took the card on his left. "It says 'rain'... Rain?"  He looked confused at Clara. He wasn't sure how the rain would be so specific to just Clara. 

Clara laughed, "That's a pretty weird clue. But it's pretty clever." She took a napkin and reached for a pen in her bag. She started to draw an unusal shape on the napkin, though her long hair covered Luhan's view of the actually picture. Once Clara was done she wiped her head back up and showed the napkin to Luhan. "This is the United States and right here..." She pointed to the dot in the right upper corner of the states, "Is Seattle, which is where my family and I live... well where I used to live. Because of it's location, it rains a lot there."

"Oh!  You're from the United States?" Luhan took a closer look at the napkin. "I didn't even know..." Clara, to him, seemed like a normal South Korean soloist under a company.  Clara herself laughed, "Yeah I'm an Korean-American. He he." She smiled and gave a peace sign.

"That's so cool..." Luhan trailed on. "How many langauges do you know?" 

Clara lifted up three fingers, "I know English, Korean obviously, and wait for it... Chinese! Well Mandarin to be exact." She smiled in confidence and waited for Luhan's reaction. She knew very well that Luhan was from China, and wondered if he was impressed.

"You know Mandarin?" Luhan asked, though this time in Chinese. Clara was shocked from the change of langauge but managed ot answer back in Chinese. "Yes I do. While I in college I studied Mandarin then while I was training." 

"Well you Mandarin is very good." Luhan smiled, meaning every word he said. Clara lowered her and smiled, "Thank you.." The couple then continued to play their games with the cards. Clara found out that the 'JYP' clue was that fact that Luhan auditioned for JYP Entertainment before gettin into SM. The '30 seconds' card was the fact that Luhan could figure out a rubix cube in 30 seconds (Clara really did believe that but she nodded excidently anyway). The 'Soccer' was obvious since it was Luhan's favorite sport to play.

Luhan learned that Clara's card meant some interesting things about her. The '1 year' clue meant that Clara only trained for 1 year under Cube Entertainment before debuting as a solo-artist. *She must be very talented.* Luhan thought. He really did know much about Clara, never getting the chance to hear her music or see her perform. The last card, 'Birds,' was probably the most obvious one , well if only Luhan knew Clara's first single. It just so happened that Clara's first single was called, "Fly " which was associated with birds....

Clara laughed while looking back at the cards, "These hints are so strange! No wonder why you couldn't guess it was me." She leaned onto the table and swang back to her seat. Taking the last sip of her drink, Clara bit her lip and looked nervously at Luhan. Luhan noticed Clara's look, "Is something wrong Clara-ssi?" 

Clara bit her lip a little bit harder but then released it, "I was just wondering... What's your ideal type Luhan-oppa?" She honestly didn't want to ask that question, not wanting to be somewhat rejected if she didn't match Luhan's ideal type at all. Luhan chuckled nervously and rubbed his neck , "I like demure and quiet girls... " He said so quietly that Clara almost didn't hear him, but she did. 

Clara pouted and bit her lip again, "I guess I'm not exactly a quiet type of girl..." She looked sadly at the table and started to aimlessly play with her cup. Honestly, she knew almost every male idol liked the innocent, quiet, and reserved type, but Clara was more of the out-going and talkative type. Luhan watched as Clara looked down at her cup. He didn't want her to feel bad, I mean they were married now.

"But that can change." Luhan bent his head lower to look at Clara's face. She glanced up to Luhan and offered a small smile, "Okay." Clara didn't want to make a big deal of the whole 'ideal type' but this was Korea, it was a big deal. "What about you?" Luhan asked suddenly. "Huh?" The younger girl was clueless. Luhan laughed, "What's your ideal type?" 

Clara suddenly felt her  face heat up, "O-Oh... well...," she hesistanted, looking around the room, "I like all type of guys... but I mostly like ... pretty boys..." She squeaked the last part, closing her eyes to not look at Luhan, "Pretty guys with a manly side." Clara added. 

Luhan just stared silently at Clara. A pretty boy with a manly side... not to tote his own horn, but that pretty much described him. "So me basically..." He pointe d to himself with shocked expression. Clara opened one eye and nodded, "Y-Yeah basically." She opened her other eye and started to fan herself with her hands. Clara has always had a weakness for handsome boys, but Luhan was her kryptonite. The moment she saw him, all sanity just fled from Clara's body. "U-Um... so... yeah." She gave a sheepish smile, but a cute one at that. 

Luhan laughed and shook his head, "Clara-ssi, I'm excited in getting to know you better." He took out his hand. Clara looked back and forth at Luhan's face and hand, but nodded, "And I too Luhan-oppa." She shook his  hand. The two just laughed at their sillyness.
 

bird_divider.gif

 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
Finally, an update! I worked on this... actually I don't remember when I started writing this... but I managed to find the inspiration to finish it tonight! I should be reading the last chapter for my final  tomorrow, but I can do that tomorrow moring. Winter break starts for me offically on Monday, so you know what that means? More writing and more updates! I love writing honestly, but time is so short and I just need the inspiration to write. The couple are slowly getting to know each other, but honestly I just want to write about them kisisng and stuff! But anyway... if your interested in reading more of my writing check out the Chrislyn Diary. It's just a thing me and my best friend are doing. It's mostly composed of drabbles, random short storys, and a lot of original characters. But I write more often in this story than any othe story I write in, so check it out!... to anyone who is actually reading this :)