Chapter Nine

Take Care
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I turn around from him angrily, but as I start walking away I smirk shapes its form onto my face. I can't believe I did that! I'm just so awesome! I lied too! I said I would make it without the maid thing...Hah...Yeah right! I wouldn't last a week. 

"Hyuna..." I hear Kai say. I put the scowl back on my face.

"What!" I snap, turning around. He's biting his lip. 

"Um..." He scratches his head. "I, um...." He sighs. "I don't know how to cook." He admits, and I can tell he's somewhat embarrassed. I was about to give in. No! I will not be empathetic to him! He deserves what he gets!

"Well, you better learn." I say and walk away. I go down into the mini library and I see Moka is down there. Aw. She likes books too! Would you look at that? We're brothas from anotha motha!! I look through a lot of books and I find one about New York. I grin. 

I pull it out, sit on the couch, and start reading it. It came with a map of New York and I looked at all the places on the map. This should come in handy one day. I hear a yelp and I smell something burning. What the he--Oh no! I run to the kitchen and see Kai attempting to cook. He hears me come in. 

"I tried..." He says. I wave him off and I turn off the stoves and look at the burnt noodles. How do you...? Nevermind...he burnt the meat too. I guess he was attempting to make spaghetti. Why didn't he just stick to making a sandwich? Would he have messed that up to? Probably. 

I turn and look at him. I notice he bites his lip when he's embarrassed. He shrugs. I sigh and shake my head. "Go...I'll make dinner." I tell him. He nods and walks off. I dump the burnt noodles and meat into the garbage and put the pans into the sink. I decide to make him rice, chicken, and vegetables. He seemed to always like that dinner when I made it with Jihyun and Gayoon.

Once that's finished, I tell him it's ready and he eats it. "You should think about going into some cooking classes." I say. He chuckles. I go return to the mini library place and go back into the book about New York. I find more and more books about New York and I keep reading them all. 

Finally I decide to go upstairs after realizing it's late and time for bed. Kai and I are both in the hall way just across from each other. We look to each other and then to the room and back to each other. We suddenly both break out into a sprint and try to squeeze through the door. 

We run to the bed. 

"I got here first!" I smirk at him.

"No! I did!" Kai argues. We argue for 15-20 minutes. Hey, you know what works? That's right. Me yelling at him.

"I've slept on a stiff, dirty mattress for 4 years straight! Can't I at least sleep here for one night?" I ask him.

"No!" He disagrees. "I'm sleeping here!" I glare at him.

"No! I am sleeping here and you're going to get your fat out of this room and you're going to sleep in the guest room!" I snap. He shakes his head and hops onto the bed. Fine. He leaves me no choice. I back up and run onto the bed, hopping high. 

"What are you--OH! OW!" He cries out as I landed on him, knees first. He falls to the floor, groaning. I smirk. 

"Thanks." I say and crawl under the blankets and snuggle into the pillows. Moka comes trotting in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter