Chapter Fifteen

Take Care
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What's wrong?" Kai asks me. 

"Nothing." I reply. He looks at me. "What? It's really nothing!" 

"You're always grinning and happy exploring New York and suddenly you're all...not happy...and you want to leave tonight and everything." Kai said as we walked down the crowded streets. 

"I'm happy." I say flatly. He arched his eye brows at me. I sigh, feeling guilty. "Kai, I'm sorry but I read your texts with Yuri..." I say, disappointed in myself.

"You did what?" He stops and looks at me. I sigh again and nod.

"I'm really sorry...I was curious and then...I just..." I look at him apologetically.

"Why?" He asks, I can tell he's a little bit mad. I shrug.

"I don't know...I was mad at you and then your phone went off and I was going to read it because I thought it was from the board for the business but it was from Yuri and I don't really like her so...I got curious..." I explain. He sighs. 

"I can't believe you did that." He shakes his head and starts walking again. I sigh, feeling bad. I know if he did that to me I'd be furious so I guess I deserve to feel guilty. 

"Sorry.." I mumble, looking down and watching my feet as I walk. "So...you're secretly back together with her then?" I ask him. 

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"Well, according to the texts you guys have been hitting it off." I say, looking over at him. 

"Oh...No." He says. "No I'm not sleeping with her or anything. I'm not dating her either. She's trying to lure me into bed with her but I'm not giving her any second chances no matter how hard she tries." Kai admits. That's a relief. 

I finally ask him what's been on my mind since the first time Yuri said it to me, "You don't think I'm fat like she says...do you?" I ask insecurely. 

"No, Hyuna, I don't." He responds. "Don't even listen to her. To even think about her and what she says. She's jealous of you." I nod. 

"You still love Barry, right?" I ask him. He laughs and looks at me.

"I've never loved Barry." He replies, a crooked grin on his face. My jaw drops. 

"You !" I insult as he laughs. I then stop and look at him. 

"What?" He asks, stopping as well. I bat my eye lashes and he looks at me weirdly but then he understands what I want. "No...No..." He shakes his head. I bat my eye lashes more. He sighs and then grunts. He squats down and I grin. I jump on his back. "Just no pulling hair or so God help me, I will drop you." 

"Okay." I say, wrapping my arm around his neck and looking at the view. "So this is what it feels like to be tall, huh?" 

"I guess." He says, throwing me up slightly to prop me up higher. "Where to?" I look around. 

"The coffee shop." I tell him and he nods and goes to look for Starbucks. People look at us weirdly, I'll admit it as childish as I am, I stuck my tongue out at them. Suddenly, I notice it's starting to rain and grin. 

"Ugh! No!" He grunts. I laugh and lay my head on his shoulder. "Alright, sure, you relax while I walk in the rain holding a grown women. Yes. That sounds wonderful." He says sarcastically. I giggle. 

I scream when Kai lets go of my legs. I slide down his back, but I luckily fall onto my feet. "Kai!" I hit him. 

"Ow!" He pushes my hand away. "My hands were freezing and I'm soaked! And Starbucks is closed!" He says, pointing to the 'I'm sorry, We're closed!' sign. 

"Stop being a baby!" I say, "Piggy back!" 

"No! You know what? You can give ME a piggy back ride," He crosses his arms. 

"But you're a guy! There's no way I could lift you, I'd be squashed!" I snap back. He laughs and calls for a Taxi. "We could've walked." I say. 

"I'm not walking in the rain." He says. Man. He is a killjoy. We get into the Taxi and Kai tells him the address to our hotel. I shut the door and put on my seatbelt. I turn my head, ignoring him. I feel him watching me, I slowly turn to look at him, a smile curving onto my lips but I quickly turn away. "I make you smile." He grins. 

"No. I just...I thought of something funny." I say. 

"Mhm." He hums unconvinced.

"Really!" I say. 

"Your stop." The Taxi guy says, pulling up the hotel. Kai hands him the money and we go into the hotel. We get onto the elevator and Kai presses the button to our floor. We shake off our wet clothing. 

"I call dibs on showering first." I say quickly after hearing the ding when we reach our floor. 

"What! No! I'm showering first!" He says. The elevator doors open and we look at each other and then to the open doors. We both bolt out and race each other to our room. He lifts me up by my waist. I shriek when he swings me around so I go behind him. I grab his hair with a smirk. He cries out in pain.

"." I curse when I realize I don't have the hotel room key card. Kai smirks at me and steps in front of me, opening the door. "Ladies first." I wink at him and shove him to the side and walk into the hotel room. 

Kai grabs me and throws me to the bed and races to the bathroom. "No!" I run after him, pulling him by his arm away from the bathroom. We end up tripping on my bag and fall onto the bed. We're in a very close position. You know in those sappy stories where the guy and girl fall and one lands on top of the other? Yep. That's right. That's exactly what happened.

I look down at Kai who is beneath me. I can feel his breath on my lips, it's warm and I can smell the aroma of his minty tooth paste that smells really good. I can also hear his breathing. I stare at his dark brown (A/N I think they're dark brown, but Idk, there are pictures where he has blue eyes and green eyes so I don't really know. Lol XD) that compliment his attractive face. We're silent.

I was about to pull away and say sorry but Kai locks his arms around my waist making me stay there. He sets his palm on my cheek, furrowing his brows. He seemed really focused. Suddenly, I felt a pair of lips on mine. I close my eyes, feeling that cliché butterfly feeling. Before I know it, I feel Kai push me over on the bed lightly, switching our positions making me go on the bottom this time. He throws his shirt over his head and it lands on the floor and I know where this is going but I can't find it in me to stop because I feel like I want it. 

I kiss him roughly on the lips, getting into it. I make my way to his jaw and to his Adam's apple. He lifts his chin up, giving me more space to le on his Adam's apple. He moans in delight and I feel him sliding his hands up my shirt and gently taking it off. I pull apart from him so I can get the shirt off and then we go back into the kiss. He plays with the clasp of my bra, sending shivers up my spine. A feeling of want and desire tickling my core. 

I wrap my arms around his neck and his nibbles my ear lightly making me moan in pleasure. I can't believe this is happening and I can't believe I want it to happen. This is crazy. It's even sappier and weirder when you think about it being in the City That Never Sleeps. Wink, wink! ;)

*****

"Uh..." I let out awkwardly. Okay. That was amazing. I admit it. Pfft! Of course I won't admit that to him! Who do you think I am?! 

Kai clears his throat, "Um...You can...You can go in the shower now." He murmurs. I nod and pull the blanket with me to the bathroom, keeping myself covered and making sure Kai has the sheet so he stays covered. I grab my bag as well, pulling it to the bathroom. Lmao, so glad I'm not the maid who will have to clean this beds? ;) I mean...the sweat...the...eh, you know what I mean! 

I turn on the tap, letting the shower run. I let the blanket fall from my body and then step into the shower letting the warm droplets of water coat my body. I think about what just happened. What the hell happens now? 

I finish my shower and get dressed and do my hair and make up. When I'm finished I step out of the shower and see Kai had dressed into sweats and a sweater. He then uses the bathroom, awkwardly stepping around me and not saying anything. Ugh. Just when we were getting along too! This is all your fault, Bag! If it wasn't for you Bag, we wouldn't be having this problem. You had one job and you at it!

I notice Kai has packed his bags, besides the one he took into the bathroom. I sigh, remembering we're leaving New York. No New York means no more having fun with Kai...Psssh...Not that it bothers me or anything...

I packed all of my bags and decided to make the beds anyways and clean up the hotel room. It felt odd not to clean I've been cleaning for so long, since I was really young actually and then after I got a job at the Kims' it just stuck with me. 

I sit on the bed and randomly text Jihyun and Gayoon who are complaining t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter