Chapter Eighteen

Take Care
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're a good puppy...Yes you are," Kai says in a baby voice. I smirk as I lean against the door frame with my arms crossed. "Oh pup-pup! So glad we found you!" he coos as Moka his face, giving him all the love in the world.

"I thought you didn't love Moka," I tried to hide the smirk on my face. He mumbles out a curse and pushes Moka away from him and she jumps off the bed and runs out the room. 

"Pfft. I don't," Kai says, straightening out his shirt as he walks towards me. I arch my eye brows. "What? I don't," he walks past me. 

"Uh huh," I say very unconvinced. 

"I don't," he argues and walks down the hall. "Are you ready to go to the lake?" he asks. I nod.

"Yep," I say. He grabs his car keys. "Jihyun texted me and her and Gayoon are there already," he nods and we get into the car and he drives to the lake. Kai and I walk along the sidewalk which was crowded with people. 

"Hyuna!" I look around and then spot Gayoon who waves and grins at me. I grab Kai's hand and we dodge the many people and walk onto the beach sitting on the blanket where Jihyun was tanning. She cups a hand around her eyes, looking at me through her dark ray bands. 

"Excuse me, miss, you're blocking the sun," Jihyun says. I roll my eyes and move over. She then smiles and drops her hand and continues working on her tan. I laugh at her. 

"You know, you're gonna get a tan line with those on," I say, pointing to her sun glasses. She then takes them off and sets them to the side.

"I knew that," She mumbles. I laugh. She closes her eyes again and lets out a breath as she relaxes on the blanket. "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing really," I say. "Guess what? Kai loves Moka," I grin.

"I don't like her," he denies. I roll my eyes.

"He was talking to her and letting her give him kisses..." I nudge him. "You love her," I tease. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. 

"Why did I even come?" he asks. "What am I suppose to do? I mean...I'm the only guy, am I suppose to listen to you three talk girlie?" he shudders. We all laugh. 

"It won't kill you," I say as he groans. I take off my shirt, leaving me in my bikini top and shorts. I lay next to Jihyun and start working on a tan of my own. 

"You guys are boring. You don't even go in the water..." Gayoon mumbles.

"Let's go," Kai says. Gayoon grins and jumps up. Kai peels off his shirt to expose his bare upper half. Holy moly he's built. He runs into the water only in his shorts. I prop myself up on my elbows and watch them. They splash each other and laugh. I stare, green with jealousy. I'm also jealous of how flat Gayoon and Jihyun's stomachs are and then there's mine with a lump. 

"Don't worry, Hyuna. She won't take your man," Jihyun says, looking at me with a small smile. I look over at her and then back to Gayoon and Kai who are chasing each other in the water. Since when were they buddy-buddy? "I'll make sure of it. Plus...her and Baekhyun are getting it on," She smirks.

I gasp and look at her. "When?"

"I don't really know but I've noticed him always taking the time to see what she's doing in the kitchen and he makes her smile and laugh," she looks around as if it's a huge secret and then looks at me and whispers, "I think they're together."

"Oh my God!" I look back at Gayoon and the smile wipes off my faces and is placed with a frown as I watch them mess around in the water and laugh. 

"Will you relax? They're just being friends!" Jihyun taps my arm indicating for me to calm down. I shake my head and glower at them as they splash each other in the water. 

*

Kai and Gayoon turn to Jihyun and I who are now sitting up and no longer tanning. "Hyuna! Jihyun! Come in the water!" Gayoon calls. Jihyun puts the chip bag aside that we were eating from.

"Come on, Hyuna. Let's go in the water," Jihyun says. "You can steal your man back," she teases. I roll my eyes and get up. Jihyun and I walk to the water. I squeal. 

"It's cold!" I yell back at them. They laugh at me and then I shriek when Jihyun grabs my arm and runs with me deeper. "Jihyun! Jihyun! Stop!" she laughs and then Gayoon and Kai begin to splash me. 

"You're such a baby!" Jihyun laughs. I glare and splash her back and suddenly all of us are having a water fight. Kai stops and looks at us.

"I'm going to go to that little corner store across the street and get a floaty chair!" Kai announces, turning to exit the water. "I'll be back!" he calls back and we nod as he trudges off. I inch closer to Gayoon and then nudge her. She looks at me.

"So...When did you and Kai get all buddy-buddy with each other?" I ask her curiously. She smirks at me.

"Why jealous?" she asks teasingly. I glare.

"No. I was just curious," I say. 

"She was totally jealous," Jihyun chimes in. I glare at her and she backs down, putting her hands up in surrender. Gayoon laughs at me and we all sit down in the calm water. 

"Well, I'm your friend, I should get along with your spouse don't ya think?" Gayoon says. 

"Well...Yeah..." I say. "But you guys have never really hung out...so I was just...curious, I guess," I add. She nods.

"Yeah but he's Baekhyun's brother and--" she stops herself and Jihyun and I look at her with interest. She clears , avoiding the gazes. "I'm his brother's maid and your best friend...so...I should get to know him a bit." 

Jihyun and I exchange glances. "Are you with Baekhyun?" I ask. She blushes but shakes her head, suddenly very intrigued with the reflections in the water. Jihyun and I gasp. "Gayoon!" I shriek and start laughing. 

"What! I couldn't help it...ever since that night where you said he was looking at me he'd been on my mind and then he started being really nice to me and then...we just...well we kissed and it's been happening ever since," she explained. 

"A forbidden love. How romantic," I gush. She rolls her eyes.

"Yours turned out pretty good," she said. I shrug and then we notice Kai walk into the water with a blown up orange floaty chair. 

"I DIBS GOING ON IT FIRST!" I yell and dash over to Kai as he puts it down on the water. I climb on and lay down. "Oh, how relaxing," I say and then lean my head back and close my eyes. I listen to Jihyun and Gayoon complain about not wanting to go back to the Kim Household because then they have to work again. Kai chimes in every now and then as do I. 

I open my eyes when I feel water on my exposed skin. I look over and see Kai cupping water into his hands and pouring it on my stomach gently. "What are you doing?" I ask, laughing slightly. He shrugs and continues as I close my eyes again. 

"You're so lucky, Hyuna...you don't have to do anything anymore," Gayoon says. 

"Nah, I still clean and cook," I say, opening my eyes and looking at them. They look at me weirdly. "What?" 

"I can't believe you," Jihyun gasps. "You finally don't have to clean and cook and you're free but you still do it anyways?!" I giggle and nod. "Unbelievable," she mutters. I laugh.

****

"So, did you have fun today?" Kai asked after he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and took a sip. Hyuna nodded.

"Yeah, it was fun," Hyuna replied. "Well...It was when you stopped being so touchy-feely with Gayoon," she mumbled to herself. Kai heard what she said and looked over to her.

"What?" he asked and then let out a small laugh. Hyuna didn't say anything. "Hyuna, what are you talking about?" he asked again. Hyuna shook her head.

"Nevermind," she mumbled. Kai looked at her. 

"Hyuna, I wasn't touchy and feely with Gayoon at all? What the heck are you talking about?" he questioned, laughing slightly again. 

"Yes you were," Hyuna argued. "The way you two both ran into the water and splashed each other and you picked her up and threw her into the lake and she screamed and laughed," Hyuna was going green with jealousy again just thinking about it. 

Kai then realized what was going on here. He smirked. "Were you jealous?" he asked. Hyuna shook her head.

"No," she denied but her and Kai both knew she was. "Well, Geez! Wouldn't you be if I, for instance, was doing that in the water with Baekhyun or even Yixing?!" Hyuna shrieked. 

"We weren't being touchy-feely! We were having fun!" he said. Hyuna rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, whatever," she retorted . 

"Hyuna, really! We weren't! It wasn't even fun until you and Jihyun joined us," he said. Hyuna rolled her eyes again and started her way up the stairs. She waved him off.

"Again...whatever," Hyuna said. Kai sighed. "I'll be in the bathtub," she said and walked off. Kai shook his head. He couldn't believe she actually thought he would be like that with Gayoon. He's not going to lie, Gayoon is very beautiful, but he would never do such a thing. Plus, He didn't think of her like that.

After 20 minutes Kai sighed and decided to go talk with Hyuna. He walked up the stairs and knocked on the bathroom door gently before opening it. He saw Hyuna in the Jacuzzi like bathtub, nothing was visible but her head because she was surrounded with bubbles. He smiled at her and closed the door. 

"Hi," she greeted him. "What are you doing in here?"

"I wanted to talk to you," he said, kneeling down by the tub. She nodded. "I wasn't being like you thought I was with Gayoon. We were just having fun," he said. "I would never do that to you and I don't think of Gayoon like that. She's more of a...friend," he said. "A sister, I guess, considering she's with my brother."

"You knew?!" Hyuna shrieked. He laughed and nodded.

"Baekhyun tells me everything," he said. "But I wasn't really interested so I didn't tell you," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders. She shook her head, still in disbelief. "But I want you to know that I wasn't being touchy-feely with her." 

Hyuna sighed and then nodded. "Maybe I was a bit jealous," she admitted. He chuckled and nodded. After a moment of silence, Hyuna grinned up at him. "Do you want to join me?" she asked. He looked at her, kind of shocked. "Come on. Not like you haven't seen me before," she rolled her eyes. He looked at her. "Please, please, please?" she pleaded, giving her best puppy eye look. He sighed and then started stripping. Hyuna laughed and moved forward so he could get in. She then set between his legs and her back rested against his chest. 

"You're a weirdo, you know?" Kai kissed the back of her head. She giggled and nodded. 

"I know," she said. She laid her head back on his shoulder as he massaged her stomach gently. She closed her eyes, loving the feeling. Kai gently moved his hands in circles soothingly on her belly.

*****

"No," Hyuna argued. Kai rolled his eyes and was about to walk off. "Don't you walk away from me!" Hyuna pointed a finger at him. He looked at her and shook his head.

"Why not? I mean...All YOU want to do is argue and fight with me so isn't it better that I just leave...?" he asked, shifting his eyes, feeling unsure of how she would react to that. She crossed her arms and glared. 

"Why do you always have to blame me for everything?!" Hyuna shrieked. Kai groaned and then started walking away. "Kai!"

"I am taking Moka for a walk!" he announced, waving her good bye. 

"No! I'll do it!" she said. "I need to get out today, too. Plus, it would be a positive to get away from you and out of the house," she sneered. He rolled his eyes and let her get the leash and call Moka over fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter