30 ~ "Bye"

Why, You?

♦Narrator♦

"So...how'd it go?" Wooyoung asked, raising his eyebrow while elbowing Jay teasingly.

"Shut up, man."

Wooyoung continued looking at Jay with a smirk.

"Alright, alright. It was...amazing. It's like all the bad things that happened never even existed. Like we've been together ever since the day we first met. But..."

"Woah, wiat...'but'? What's with this 'but'? You guys sound so happy! What's up?"

"She said we can't be together..." Jay sighed. Wooyoung gave him a look. "Not yet, she said."

"I don't get it. Why would she do that? Why would she even wait for you two to be together?"

"She says that she wants to start off fresh, become just friends and just fall in love all over again."

"Fall in love? You two are already as in love as being in love gets!"

"I know, that's what I said! But she told me to just trust her, and I do. She says that this will help us forget all the pain and that we/ll be happy again. She feels like if we get together now, then we're rushing into it."

"I see..."

"See what?"

"Well I can see where she's coming from. I mean she's kind of right. It's a little weird for you guys to be together again all of a sudden. She probably thinks that if you're together now, then something's missing. I don't know what that would be but she probably feels that way. You don't feel the same? Like there's something missing?" Wooyoung asked Jay.

"I'll admit that as amazing as yesterday was, it wasn't the same as before. I don't know how but you're right. Something's missing." Jay stood up before placing some money on the table. "Thanks for the drink, bro. The talk really helped." Jay said patting Wooyoung's back.

"Woah, hold up. Where are you going?" Wooyoung stopped him.

"I need to see someone." Jay said as he left. "Oh." He stopped before reaching the door. "You know, I've been thinking that this whole starting fresh thing...isn't so bad." Jay said to Wooyoung, then he finally left.

...

*ding dong*

The doorbell raing.

It rang again.

"I'm coming!" she yelled as she ran down the stairs. "Who is it?" she asked as she opened the door, but her smile dropped as soon as she saw his face.

"Annyeong, JangSoon."

"Jay..."

"Can I...come in?" Jay asked.

"Sure." she whispered before stepping aside to let him enter. "Wh-why are you here?" she asked.

"I need to talk to you." he looked at her.

"About what?" she asked worriedly.

"Sit down." he motioned to the couch. The two sat down and Jay began speaking again. "I think you deserve an explanation about what happened at BiKyung's party." he looked at JangSoon who was a little confused. "But first, let me rewind a little bit."

Jay started from the very beginning. He told her about the first day they met, to their best friend days, to their 2nd Friend-A-Versary, to thei first kiss, to their lover days, to the whole cancer incident, to when she came back to Korea.

"...and when she just re-appeared into my life like that, I just couldn't stand the thought of losing her again. I was so caught up in trying to be with her again and I just dragged you along for the ride. I'm sorry, you didn't deserve what I did to you. I just thought you should know what was going on."

"So...she's the one, huh?"

"What?"

"Oh please Jay. I'm not stupid." she chuckled. "I know that all this time you're heart was never fully with me. I know that there was this one girl on your phone screen that you always looked at. Before every concert, you would just stare at your phone and look like you were about to cry. She seems like a great person."

"H-how do you know?"

"She wanted you to come here and explain everything to me, didn't she?"

"Y-yeah..."

"So she is a great person. She was your first love. Well..." JangSoon sighed as she stood up. "Thanks for coming to explain. It meant a lot to me. Now go to her. Tell her that...I want to meet her." JangSoon said with a small smile. Jay stood up and headed for the door. "Wait."

Jay turned around to look at her. "Yeah?"

"At any time at all...even if it was for the smallest time," her thumb and index finger were close together indicating a small amount. "Did you...love me?"

Jay smiled as he walked over to her. "Of course I did. I wouldn't be with someone for that long if I didn't feel even the smallest love." Jay whispered into her ear as he hugged her. "You're a wonderful person, JangSoon, and I don't regret any of the time we spent together." He looked into her eyes. Before leaving, the two shared their final kiss and he left. Out the door. Never to come back as the one she loved.

She walked slowly up to her room. She looked out the window to see him walking away.

"Bye, Jay."