Page One

Pay Up!

Minseok bets Luhan that Kris will pull off a pair of leather pants.

    "That's the lamest bet ever," Luhan argued.

    "What? Everybody knows Kris hates leather pants," rebutted Minseok.

    "Yeah but everybody also knows that Kris pulls off any clothes, even hobo clothes. He might even win America's Next Top Hobo, if ever such thing exists."

    "You're right. Scratch that."

    Minseok then crossed the sentence on the first page of the notebook, and scribbled another sentence.


Minseok bets Luhan that Kris will pull off a pair of leather pants.
Minseok bets Luhan that Chanyeol will laugh at Kris' leather pants.

    "This is pretty easy," Minseok smiled.

    Luhan raised an eyebrow, "That is, if Chanyeol notices his pants."

    "Twenty bucks?" Minseok placed the stake.

    "Fifty."

    "Too high. Thirty."

    "Why? Afraid of ending up broke? Forty," Luhan teased.

    "No. I'm richer than you, remember? Thirty five. Deal is closed," Minseok smiled smugly. "Wait, we should include Tao in the bet to make it worth it."

    Without Luhan protesting, Minseok added:

Minseok bets Luhan that Kris will pull off a pair of leather pants.
Minseok bets Luhan that Chanyeol will laugh at Kris' leather pants, but Tao will compliment Kris.

    Later that night, the two men began to plan their own schemes to win the bet. Luhan thought of how to wean Chanyeol and Tao away from Kris which is quite a big problem since those two seemed to have a man crush on Kris. His charm surely can make any straight guy go gay. On the other hand, Minseok planned on how to draw their attention to Kris, particularly to his leather pants.

    While everybody else was fast asleep, Minseok sneaked into Kris and Yixing's room. He was there for a numerous times already (he likes borrowing Kris' expensive beauty products) so he had memorized where Kris keeps his belongings. With the little light coming from his phone, he searched for Kris' closet to steal all his pants except for that one pair made of leather which was a gift he received from last year's Christmas party. The first time he tried them on gave him an uncomfortable feeling, especially in the groin area, so he decided to stuff them in the deepest part of his closet where he can never see them again. But apparently, Minseok was able to find them as fast as he could say peanut butter and jelly sandwich... Twice. He placed the leather pants on top of his other clothes in the closet, hurriedly stashed everything inside an empty knapsack, and rushed back to his and Luhan's shared room without making any sound.

    Note: Chanyeol and Tao were absent in last year's Christmas party which means they have no idea about the existence of those freaking tight leather pants.

    The morning after, Luhan and Minseok were greeted by a perplexed Yixing. He was about to plop himself down Luhan's bed when he remembered the sting left by Luhan's feet on his . So he aimed for Minseok's bed instead.

    "Hey! What's the big idea!?" Minseok whined.

    "What are you doing here, Yixing? It's so early in the morning," Luhan meddled. "And thanks for knocking."

    Yixing didn't budge at the sarcasm. He looked pissed off. It was like the 500th time he complained about his roommate, the third fraternity senior Kris, with his usual school outfit blues. This time, Kris went a little too far by rummaging Yixing's stuff as well (he doesn't want other people touching his personal belongings). It took Kris more than an hour to turn their room into a depressing clothes havoc, trying to find a decent pair of denim jeans. When he realized he's in a hopeless case scenario, he finally gave up and wore those shiny black super skinny jeans made up of crocodile skin whose crotch point is a bit high enough to abrase someone's balls.

    "Where is he now?" Minseok asked, trying to stifle a laugh. He also tried his best to hide the knapsack that contained Kris' trousers.

    "Heading to class, I guess," Yixing answered.

    "How did he look?"

    "More horrible than last year. Too bad Chanyeol wasn't able to see him that time. I'm pretty sure if he sees him, it would be one hell of a laughing fit for him."

    Minseok burst into a rather devilish laughter knowing that he had just gained an accomplice. Meanwhile, Luhan's eyes widened in fear. Time to come up with plans to distract Tao, and most especially Chanyeol.

    After their conversation, they all went to their respective classes. Yixing attended accounting classes while Luhan and Minseok attended separate thesis classes for Asian studies.

    Luhan conjured up a plan to win the bet in the middle of the class. Good thing the professor gave them the freedom to work on their papers for the rest of the period, so he took advantage of the time to text the targets who happened to be on the same class at that time.

   

    [sent 12:37pm]
    From: Luhan
    To: Chanyeol & Tao

    Heeeeyy~ let's grab some lunch outside the campus. The three of us!




    [sent 12:39pm]
    From: Chanyeol
    To: Luhan

  Sure. Our class ends at 1pm. Oh, and Tao also says yes.

    Sorry but, uhm, what's with the randomness?





    [sent 12:41pm]
    From: Luhan
    To: Chanyeol

  Just some fraternity brotherhood bonding. Part of the initiation. 




    [sent 12:43pm]
    From: Chanyeol
    To: Luhan

  There isn't some sort of hazing involved in this 'lunch,' is it?




     [sent 12:44pm]
     From: Luhan
     To: Chanyeol

  No! Of course not. That kind of initiation is sooo three years ago. This is real lunch for bros like us.




    [sent 12:45pm]
    From: Chanyeol
    To: Luhan

    Uhh okay. Count us in.




    [sent 12:46pm]
    From: Luhan
    To: Chanyeol

    Sweet! Meet me at the South gate at 1pm~









 

********************************************



Luhan brought Chanyeol and Tao to a secluded diner near the university. Mostly only students who have been in the university for a while knew about the diner. It looked like a 60s Burger King diner emblazoned with all things vintage - gramophone records, jukebox, and pictures of Elizabeth Taylor. They ordered pasta platter and talked about the classes they take, common people they know, their experiences in the fraternity house, and whatnot. Moments later, a familiar topic was brought up that made Luhan gulp.

    "I heard Kris' clothes got stolen," said Tao.

    Luhan tried his best to conceal in everything he knew. Instead, he focused on finishing his lasagna and acted as if he wasn't involved in anything.

    "Really? How did you know?" asked Chanyeol.

    "I heard it from Junmyeon who heard it from Yixing. He woke up this morning and found out that his denim pants were all gone," Tao munched on his chicken. News really spreads like wildfire with these kids.

    Tao and Chanyeol's conversation went on like a muffled sound in Luhan's ears as he remembered that Kris and Minseok attend one common class. He grew paranoid everytime the bell on the door rang. He would turn around frantically, anxious of being greeted by Minseok or Kris or both.

    Several puns later, Chanyeol suddenly cracked up.

    "Holy !" Chanyeol exclaimed. "What the hell is that hanging on your hips?"

    Just as what Luhan has been trying to avoid, there came Minseok and Kris, together with the freshman Jongin. He sank on his seat when Minseok grinned above him.

    "I knew you'd bring them here, hah!" Minseok whispered in a way that only Luhan could hear.

    "Oh darn it please don't push it these pants are killing me!" Kris whined. He had been having troubles walking and sitting properly. He felt like the pants are going to rip every movement he made.

    Luhan, Chanyeol and Tao made space in their spot for the newcomers. Minseok sat between Luhan and Jongin whereas Kris settled beside Tao with Chanyeol on the other side. Chanyeol kept on cracking jokes on how ridiculous Kris looked in his get up, asserting that real men do not wear anything too skin tight, as supplemented by Minseok's jokes about Kris appearing to have thickly painted his legs black, and Jongin's seal-like laughter (he claps while laughing). However, everybody fell silent, especially Minseok and Luhan, when Tao spoke up.

    "Well, Kris hyung, I think it looks rather cool. I mean they accentuate your and legs," Tao claimed.

    Kris didn't know how to react. "Dude, that is the---"

    "---gayest thing I've ever heard," Chanyeol butted in, his expression seemed confused.

    Minseok typed something on his iPhone and showed it to Luhan under the table.

  
Pay up

  The other fished a wad of bills from his pocket and gave it to him, still hidden under the table. He smiled triumphantly.

    The only problem that Minseok had to take care of is how to return all of what he took without getting caught. Later that night, he was able to successfully return everything back in place because fortunately, both Kris and Yixing were out to finish late night school errands. Back at his and Luhan's room, he took out the bet notebook and wrote below the first item:

Winner: Minseok (35 bucks)