In the club

Happy birthday, Byunyul

As the three girls stood outside, huddled together in the cold, they looked up at a glowing neon sign of a curvy lady outlined in pink.  Beneath it was a flashing sign that read, ‘Gems of the East.’

 

As reality set in, Yuri felt her chest tighten.  She began to back away slowly, but was stopped abruptly as a pair of arms linked with her own, forcibly dragging her toward a burly bouncer that was standing at the entrance. 

 

With an emotionless face, he scanned the three of them up and down before stepping aside as he held the door open.

 

It was almost as dark inside as it was outside.  Although the air in the room smelled of cigarette smoke, it was a fairly clean and well-kept place.  Looking around, the first thing Yuri noticed was the large stage set up in the middle of the room, T-shaped with two gold poles at both ends.

 

To Yuri’s surprise and slight disappointment, there were no dancers performing.  As the two girls went ahead to find a table, Yuri looked down and let out a sigh, trying to prepare herself for what her eyes would see that night. 

 

Lost in her own thoughts, she was suddenly bumped from behind by a passing waitress.

 

“Hey, watch it!” a girl yelled out.

 

The unexpected contact caused Yuri to lunge forward.  Instinctively, she raised her arms up to stop her momentum, but quickly found herself in contact with another waitress.

 

“Holy crap!” Yuri shouted in surprise as she shut her eyes tightly in anticipation of the inevitable impact.

 

When Yuri felt it was safe, she opened her eyes and noticed two things:  she was still on her feet and both of her hands were now pressed firmly against something soft and bouncy.   

 

To Yuri’s horror, she realized that she had unintentionally braced herself with the help of the waitress’ chest.

 

With wide eyes, Yuri looked up and caught the gaze of the person she had just violated.

 

She stared at Yuri with an annoyed and slightly ticked off look. 

 

“Are you about done or do you need a little more time?” the waitress said sarcastically.

 

Blushing furiously, Yuri quickly removed her hands and waved them innocently in front of her.

 

“I-I-I….s-s-sorry,” Yuri stuttered, “h-h-hands…..s-sorry,” was all she could say.

 

The waitress flipped her hair and stormed off in the opposite direction as Sooyoung and Taeyeon rejoined her.

 

“Did I just see you being grabby with the waitress?” A small smirk started to form on Taeyeon’s face. 

 

“You’re lucky she didn’t slap you,” Sooyoung chimed in.  “Management doesn’t like it when you get too friendly with the staff, if you know what I mean.  Just ask shorty over here,” Sooyoung said as she pointed to Taeyeon.

 

With arms folded, she glared at the taller girl.  “It was one time!  And she touched me first!” Taeyeon said in defense.

 

Sooyoung ignored her protest and draped an arm over Yuri’s hunched shoulders. 

 

“Let’s get you something to eat, slick.”