Surprise!

Happy birthday, Byunyul

“Happy birthday, Yuri!” Sooyoung and Taeyeon shouted in unison as they revealed a carrot cake with twenty four glowing candles.

 

“Wow guys, you shouldn’t have!  But were the candles really necessary?  Thanks for reminding me how old I am,” Yuri said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

 

“We had to buy two boxes so you better make a wish and blow all of them out or else,” Sooyoung threatened, shaking a fist in the air.

 

A small sigh escaped Yuri’s lips. 

 

“Fine.” 

 

Taking one last look at the cake, she closed her eyes for a moment before opening them as she swiftly blew out the flames.

 

“So what did you wish for?” Taeyeon asked. 

 

“Yah, I’m not supposed to tell you!  If I do, it won’t come true!” Yuri exclaimed in complete seriousness.

 

“What are you, five?  Okay, I’m sorry I even asked,” Taeyeon said as she rolled her eyes.

 

“Let’s just hope you wished to go to a strip club cause that’s where we’re going tonight!  Better get those ones ready!” Sooyoung said as she high fived the short byuntae.

 

“What?  No!  What?” Yuri said trying to process the bomb Sooyoung just dropped.

 

Both accomplices glanced at each other and exchanged knowing looks, not surprised by the tan girl’s reaction.

 

“We both think it’s about time you lived a little,” Taeyeon said.  “You’re young and very much single.  What’s the big deal in going to a gentleman’s club anyway?”

 

“See, that’s exactly my point!  It’s called a gentleman’s club for a reason.  Only guys go there,” Yuri firmly stated as if she were trying to persuade a judge and jury.

 

“It’s the 21st century.  Girls go there all the time, whether they’re into it or not.  We’re not asking you to get married or jump out of an airplane.  You only live once so why not?”  Taeyeon knew she was right and was confident she had Yuri convinced.

 

“Not to mention the food is crazy good and girls get in free,” Sooyoung added, not really caring whether that would help. 

 

“You know, we’re not going to let this go.  This is our gift to you; it would be rude if you didn’t accept it.”   Taeyeon laid it on thick, hoping to guilt trip Yuri into saying yes. 

 

“Okay, I’ll go.” As soon as Yuri said those words, she was overcome with a feeling of uneasiness.  “But on one condition.  If I start to feel uncomfortable in any way, we’ll leave immediately.  Deal?” 

 

“Deal!” both girls quickly shouted. 

 

Yuri didn’t want to admit it, but Taeyeon’s words hit a nerve.  At that moment, she promised herself that she would try to live life to its fullest; even if that meant starting with a strip club.

 

Halfheartedly, Yuri slowly made her way to her room to get ready.

 

Taeyeon looked over at Sooyoung who gave her a reassuring look.

 

“Just stick to the plan,” Sooyoung whispered.

 

Taeyeon nodded and both girls left to get ready for the night ahead.