Shinier than mushrooms

Happy birthday, Byunyul

As the three found a table, the incident was quickly forgotten as music blared and dancers appeared and disappeared as they performed on stage.

 

“Wow Sooyoung, you weren’t kidding!” Yuri said in-between bites.  “Everything tastes so good!” The last part came out slightly muffled as more food was scooped into .

 

“There’s one thing I know and that’s food,” Sooyoung said as she slurped up some noodles.

 

“Hey birthday girl, I’m glad you’re enjoying the food, but we didn’t come here for that.  Look around, there’s so much eye candy.  Way tastier than what is on your plate,” Taeyeon said as she scanned the room and winked at a passing waitress.

 

“Cool it, Taeyeon.  Remember what Yuri said?  The moment she doesn’t feel comfortable, we’re out of here.”  Sooyoung flashed her a wtf look, reminding her of the plan.

 

Taeyeon suddenly felt bad and slumped in her seat as she continued to munch on a chicken wing.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot!” Sooyoung said as she clapped her hands together.  “A waitress told me that if it’s your birthday, you get a free performed by the dancer of your choice,” she said as she turned to Yuri with a hopeful look.  “Did you see anyone you like?” 

 

“No, not really.  Don’t get me wrong, they’re all very beautiful with amazing bodies, but I don’t think I’m in the mood right now,” Yuri said, still feeling down.

 

“Take your time, the night is still young.”  Sooyoung glanced over at Taeyeon who shared the same worried look on her face.  “Hey, how about getting us some drinks?  All this eating is making me thirsty.”

 

“Sure.”  Not wanting a repeat of what happened earlier, Yuri stood up and slowly made her way to the bar. 

 

Arriving there safely, she noticed the bartender was facing the other way.   Yuri decided to clear to get her attention.

 

“Excuse me, miss.  May I see a menu?”

 

“I’m surprised you’re asking for one,” the bartender responded with a chuckle, her back still facing Yuri.  “From what I saw earlier, I would have thought you’d order something and ask questions later.  Nice moves, Casanova,” she said teasingly as she finally turned around.

 

As their eyes met for the first time, Yuri was left breathless, paralyzed by the flawless beauty standing before her.  With unblinking eyes, she began to open and close like a fish out of water.

 

“Cat got your tongue?” the bartender said as she flashed an eye smile.

 

“N-n-no.  I don’t have a cat,” Yuri said without thinking.  “Beautiful….” she added, not realizing she said was speaking out loud.

 

 “Thanks….I think,” the bartender replied, not entirely sure if Yuri was referring to her or the non-existent cat.

 

“I mean y-you’re beautiful,” Yuri stuttered.  “May I ask what your name is?  I didn’t see a name tag,” she said a little disappointed.

 

Yuri’s silly observation caused the other girl to laugh out loud.

 

“We don’t wear name tags here and my name is Tiffany.”

 

Yuri was once again left breathless as Tiffany flashed another eye smile.

 

“Ti-pa-ni….that sounds lovely,” Yuri tried her best to pronounce the English name.

 

“Close enough.  And do you have a name or should I call you Casanova?”

 

“My name is...is….Yu-RI!” Yuri tried to compose herself after realizing she had lost almost all control of her speech function.  “My name is Yuri,” she repeated again much slower.

 

“Heard you when you shouted it the first time,” Tiffany said as she flashed another smile, the third one of the night. 

 

Legs weak from the barrage of fiercely hot and y eye smiles, Yuri gripped the sides of the bar to keep from crumbling to the floor like a cookie.

 

Trying to regain some composure, she let out a fake cough.  “My friends didn’t tell me what they wanted so I don’t know what to order,” she stated matter-of-factly.   

 

Yuri could barely maintain eye contact with Tiffany as she shifted her gaze from Tiffany’s inviting stare to random things at the bar.

 

“You can always ask them and come back when you’re ready.  I’ll be here all day,” Tiffany said playfully as she wiped a cup.

 

“Okay, yeah.  I’ll be right back.”  Starting to back away, Yuri pointed her fingers at Tiffany and pretended to shoot at her as if they were guns.  “Don’t you go anywhere….”  As much as she tried to look cool, Yuri ended up colliding with a passing waitress.  

 

Stumbling backward and nearly knocking the tray of drinks out of the waitress’ hands, Yuri made sure she was okay before spinning around, hoping to hide her now flushed face.

 

Seeing Yuri act like a total klutz, Tiffany couldn’t help but giggle to herself.  “What a cute dork,” she said under her breath.