A belated birthday gift

Happy birthday, Byunyul

Yuri shuffled her feet as she scanned the room, hoping to spot a familiar face.

 

“Back again I see.  Why don’t you have a seat at the bar,” Nana said with a wink as she passed by.

   

An embarrassed Yuri let out a nervous laugh before making her way over to the bar.  As she sat down, she noticed the bartender had her back turned.  Yuri cleared to get the girl’s attention.  When that didn’t work, she decided to be a little bolder in her approach.

 

“Would you be able to recommend a dancer?” Yuri said with a grin.

 

As the bartender turned around, Yuri’s devious expression quickly faded as she realized it wasn’t Tiffany.

 

“Excuse me?” the bartender said, slightly annoyed.

 

“I’m so sorry,” Yuri said apologetically as she continued to bow her head.  “I thought you were someone else and ….”

 

Before Yuri could finish, the bartender walked away in a huff.

 

Yuri felt like crawling into a hole and began to bang her head repeatedly on the counter.

 

“Stupid, stupid, stupid,” Yuri muttered under her breath.

 

“You know, if you keep hitting your head like that, we might have to charge you for damages,” a voice said rather pleasantly.

 

Yuri quickly looked up to see the all too familiar eye smile, still as captivating as she remembered from the night before. 

 

“Tiffany!  I…oh….please tell me you didn’t witness what just happened?”  Yuri waited with bated breath.

 

“Don’t worry, I arrived in time to see our new hire BoA storm off.  You sure have a way with the ladies,” Tiffany said with a smirk.  “So what are you doing here?  Miss me already?”

 

Yuri tried to swallow the knot that had formed in .  “Well, you see, the thing is I was just wondering if I could make a special request…that is, with today being my birthday….you know, somewhere in the world,” Yuri said shyly. 

 

Tiffany eyed the girl sitting in front of her with a suspicious look.  After a few seconds, a small smile formed on her lips.   

 

“I’ll give you credit for creativity,” Tiffany said somewhat amused.  “What did you have in mind exactly?”

 

“This,” Yuri said as she stood up and reached over the counter to pull Tiffany in closer.

 

As Yuri leaned in for a kiss, Tiffany stopped short, their lips barely grazing each other’s.  “Just to let you know, this is definitely going to cost you extra,” Tiffany said as their lips finally met.   

---------------------

So yay, it's done!  I know the ending was short, but I hope it didn't disappoint.  I was almost going to end it without a kiss, but I figured it wouldn't be a true ending without one.  =D  A big thank you to all my readers and an even bigger thank you to all of you who upvoted and commented throughout my fic.  I love you all!  ~<3