There's Too Much Of Green To Feel Blue

My Random One Shot Stories

It was pouring heavily tonight. I was shatter into a million of pieces. I never expected to see this. So the truth has always been right in front of me. Just that I'm too scared to admit it. I should have know, that this would hurt me twice as much as it will in the beginning.

In this dark, but calming night. I ran. I ran like i never before. I ran from everything that is happening. I try to run from this tears, but they are not willing to leave me alone. Maybe that's just the rain drops on my face. I didn't know which is which anymore. I was too heart broken to realize anything.

"Roxanne!!! Don't run! Please! Just listen to me! Please!" I heard a voice calling out to me. I know very well who this is. I'm going to ignore it. I have to. I couldn't bare for another heartache. "Please! Roxanne! Don't run anymore! Please! Don't run in the rain! I don't want you to fall ill! Please! Just stop!" he said. "Would you still cared? So what I'm going to be sick? Would you care? Woulc you bother? Would you? I don't think so. Just go back to her and let me be alone," "Sorry. But i will never let you go. I love you, Roxanne. And i would do anything to prove that you're my only love, the one I'm going to live my life with, the person i wish to be bury with. The One that I wanted to be with Forever. I Love You, Roxanne!"

 

Maria sealed her short story with another happy ending. Everybody knows happy ending doesn't really exist in this world. But she just injecting it to give hope to not only to anyone who reads it, but to herself. As much as she wish, she know she could never get the person she loved.

Pete is her best friend. They've been best buddy since the day they were born and have been tight ever since. Back then, they're seen everywhere together, with each other and no one else, telling each other their deepest darkest secrets. Whent ehy are becoming teens, they dreamt of being the same person. And they almost did, which somehow, that's just something Maria wanted to be now cause she just don't get her best friend anymore. Obviously, he's The One.

Things had a bad turn in their fairytale friendship when Marcie came along. Maria could say that Marcie destroyed everything Maria has been building. She hated her so much. But because Marcie is her best friend's girlfriend, she just kept her silence. Maria just translated all her hatred into her story. In one way or another, Maria think that by writing those story, she could, somehow, find relieve in doing so. But the main reason she wrote was because she hopes that those character she created has a happy ending, not like her who lives in misery.

Ever since they dated, Maria just got lonely. Very lonely. She tried to break out of her current state, but she just made her own sitation worst. Breaking out is not an option anymore. So, she try another way. Isolation. But her plans back-fired her. The more she isolate herself, the more isolated she'd felt. Soon, she's nothing but a living, breathing, beating and empty corpse walking around. Everything about her die, day by day. She's just felt like she lost everything and it's not worth living anymore. She knows that she only lost him. But by loosing him, she lost everything. But one thing she doesn't realize. She doesn't see it until the very end.

Every day, Maria goes to school, she would try to avoid this lovely couple. She couldn't bare to break her own heart anymore. Slowly, her heartache had turn into envy. Maria envy everything about Marcie. Her hair, her clothes even her personality. But most of all, she envy her for the time she get to shared with him. She just became a green-eyed monster.

By the time she realize this, it was too late to change. It had became a habit. Sad as she was, she wonder why she would be trapped in this triangle that will never meet. She wonder why she changed so much just for him and why she turned into this monster.

She wonders for days and weeks and she finally found the answer that never answer all the question she asked. But that answer told het that it's better to feel something then nothing at all. That feeling jealous over Marcie is better than feeling down, isolated, useless and unworthy. She just had too much of green to feel blue.

 

This time, I didn't seal the story with a happy ending. Because there is no happy ending to begin with. I'm not writing my own faith. I'm just following orders from above. I'm Maria. The one who had too much of green to feel blue.