5

Pouring Affection

“I have a crush on Ara and it’s not a lie. I’m being serious.”

Alice’s words rang in Nara and Yooyoung’s heads as the two exchanged shocked looks. Their lips each curved into a lopsided smirk as the two high-fived each other – this time, with a bright (yet mischievous) grin.

Alice gulped into and her eyes widened, taking the advantage to chew on her lower lip and think while her head was still dizzy at (nearly) everything that was happening.  Uh oh, please don’t tell me that they’re observing too.

“To be honest, Alice unnie, Nara unnie and I..”

Yooyoung stopped her words and bit on her lower lip nervously. The maknae turned to Nara, with wrinkles on her forehead while mouthing ‘Should we tell her, unnie?’.

Nara nodded her head nonchalantly and before even she can open , Alice already figured it out, quickly saying,

“I get it. You and Nara also observed me with your eyes, right?”

That explanation, which came from Alice’s own mouth, made Nara and Yooyoung widen their eyes, still with their bright (yet mischievous) grin.

“Yup, you got it right, unnie.” Nara sat beside Alice and Lime and Yooyoung took their spots on the floor, facing the older ones.

“So, Hyelim unnie, what’s the so-called plan you and Alice unnie planned just now?” Yooyoung turned to Lime and blinked her eyes curiously, scratching her short hair.

Lime took a few deep breaths before making a very long explanation to Nara and Yooyoung.

“As you can see, Ara unnie’s always pouring affection on Yoonjo unnie these days. Alice unnie’s heartbroken at the thought so, we are going to help her. We’re going to listen to Ara unnie and Yoonjo unnie’s true feelings and the topic of every conversation they’re talking about. Maybe, we could get a few hints about it. To be honest, Alice unnie and I are wondering if we could recruit the two of you in our so-called love case. Can we have the honor of recruiting you and Nara unnie?”

She looked at Nara and Yooyoung with her infamous pleading puppy eyes. Alice just let out a soft chuckle and rolled her eyes playfully at the sight. Oh, Hyelim, are you serious to do your aegyo?

“Of course, we would love to help!” Nara immediately agreed after turning at Yooyoung, who was only nodding her head – that showed her agreement to join the love case.

“That’s awesome, we could start right away. So, Nara unnie, where are Ara unnie and Yoonjo unnie now?” Lime, who was the so-called captain in this so-called love case, questioned Nara.

“Hm, let me think about it, Lime.” Nara tapped her chin and pondered into her thoughts for awhile before snapping her fingers. “I know! They’re in your, Yoonjo and Yooyoung’s room!”

“Huh? What are they doing in your room, Yooyoung?” Alice, who was also curious at the fact, tilted her head to the side while questioning the maknae.

The short-haired shrugged her shoulders, rubbing the back of her neck. “I’m not sure, Alice unnie. I think we should do our operation right now, unnies.”

“Yooyoung’s right.” Alice heaved a deep sigh and hugged her knees to her chest, chewing on her lower lip again. She rested her chin on her knees and tried to hold back her tears.

She was afraid, more like terrified at her own thoughts – what if Ara and Yoonjo made out in the other bedroom or maybe, more extreme than what she imagined? But it couldn’t possibly happen to the two – well, she, Nara, Lime and Yooyoung had to find out.


A/N: I'm sorry for not updating yesterday! My laziness disease's coming back as usual. Anyway, here's a quite long chapter worth 602 words to make it up for you guys! Also, thank you very much for the feedback, everyone. I hope you guys will enjoy this kind-of-crappy chapter, haha!

Here's also a tip for you guys: The next chapter will be AraJo (Ara x Yoonjo)-centric so, if you're not an AraJo shipper and you might feel offended about it, it's best if you guys don't read. But if you still want to follow the flow of the story, just read - the choice is yours.