19

Pouring Affection

While Ara was out for her meeting with E-Young at the park, Alice decided to go for an evening jog, to vent out all of her frustration and pain in her heart. She was wearing her tracksuit and she stretched her arms and did some sit-ups before going out of the dorm. Her hand was about to twist the door knob when Yoonjo stopped her with a pat on the shoulder from behind, a bright smile forming on her lips.

"Unnie, please wait for me. I want to follow you too. It's been a while since we hung out togeher."

Alice turned around and an excited beam formed on her lips, grabbing Yoonjo's right hand tightly. Yoonjo was also wearing her tracksuit, a towel wrapped around her neck and a water bottle placed in her left hand. Her hair was neatly tied into a ponytail with a rubber band while Alice let her short, brown-coloured bangs cover half of her face.

"Alright. Let's go together." Alice forgot about the visions of Ara and Yoonjo that seemed to haunt her lately, after seeing Yoonjo with her usual cheerful state. The two informed Nara, Lime and Yooyoung about their evening jog and the trio nodded their heads, promising that they'll take good care of their dorm.

Alice and Yoonjo bid the other three girls goodbye and the two twirled the door knob together before going out towards the sidewalk to head towards the park near Han River (not the same as Ara's).


After nearly a twenty minute walk, Alice and Yoonjo finally arrived at Han River and they heaved a deep sigh of relief when they saw the ray of sunlight hitting their skins. Few. Looks like it wouldn't rain cats and dogs today and the sun was going to greet them again this evening until it was night-time, when the moon and stars were going to greet them.

Yoonjo started doing as warm-up excercises and Alice just watched the brunette from afar, already doing her own set of warm-up excercises at the dorm earlier. Yoonjo finished her set of warm-up excercises and gave the elder a thumbs up, signalling that they could go now.

Being followed by Yoonjo behind, Alice started jogging in front of her on the path that were used to do outdoor activities, like cycling or walking. Their eyes caught a glimpse of the beautiful, glistening-like waters of Han River when they were still jogging, a smile creeping on each of their faces.

Loud pants and hard breaths coming out of the two's mouths could be heard as they finally reached the end of the path. They rested their hands on the knees, making an eye contact with each other after Alice turned around to face Yoonjo. Sweat also began bathing each of their foreheads and Yoonjo gave Alice the towel wrapped around her neck. 

Alice mouthed a short 'thanks' with her lips before wiping her forehead with the towel and giving the towel back to its owner. Yoonjo also wiped her forehead with the towel and they straightened their body postures.

"So, unnie, what should we do right now?" Yoonjo questioned, her hand reaching her hair to give it a scratch.

"Hm.. Aha! Follow me!" Alice ran towards a nearby bench, which faced the Han River and she sat on the back immediately, giving space for Yoonjo after patting a space for her. Yoonjo tried hard to muffle her giggles at Alice's actions and sat on the spot which Alice reserved for her.

An awkward silence suddenly occurred between them until Alice decided to break a silence with a question, which first popped in her now clueless mind, "So, Yoonjo, are you enjoying life right now?"

Yoonjo gave a shrug of her shoulders, also giving her hair another scratch and she faced Alice, heaving another deep sigh. "I don't know. It's very complicated, especially when I got new feelings."

"New feelings?" Alice repeated and blood rose to Yoonjo's cheeks. The younger both chewed the inside of her cheek and her lower lip before shyly nodding her head, her cheeks continuing to heat up.

Alice started cooing at Yoonjo's reaction and poked Yoonjo's stomach with her fingers, a playful smirk curling on her lips. "Ooh, who's that lucky person who managed to catch Yoong's attention, huh?"

Yoonjo looked down on the ground, tapping and shuffling her feet on the ground as well and she started having another train of thoughts. Uh oh, goodness gracious, oh crap! I just told Alice about it but I couldn't lie to my own member, vitamin, sister. She's one of the nicest people I knew and even though she mostly bullies us, she's actually a quiet, caring person. That's why there are on stage and off stage personas when you live as an idol, especially a well-known idol. Gosh, what should I tell her? Should I trust her? Should I really tell her? Ah, what should I do?

The brunette started hitting her head multiple times, adding more confusion and concern to Alice and Alice stopped Yoonjo from doing her actions, her hands rubbing Yoonjo's head gently. "Yoonjo, please don't do it anymore. You'll hurt yourself. Self-harm's very bad, don't you know?"

Yoonjo's heart started to flutter and she inhaled and exhaled into the fresh air, a small smile finally curling on her lips. She knew she could count on trustworthy Alice, her heart thumping hard against her chest. "Okay. I-I l-like.." 

Gulp. Come on, Yoonjo, just say it! It's not some random stranger, it's Alice, Song Joohee, Alice in Wonderland!

"I-I like Y-Yoo.." She also failed on her second attempt, making her train of thoughts go to work again. Ugh, Yoonjo, gather up your courage and just say those words! Bring it on! Alice would one hundred percent understand you and your feelings!

"I like Ara, Yoo Ara." Finally, Yoonjo succeeded on her third attempt and heaved a deep sigh in satisfaction and relief.

Alice couldn't breathe at Yoonjo's sudden confession. She flinched. She cringed. She almost teared up. She was still on the verge of overflowing tears.  She felt her feet just left the ground. She felt that her soul was roaming around the area. She was in a total daze. She was in denial. She felt lifeless. She was too weak to say anything. 


Meanwhile, back in the dorm, Lime, Nara and Yooyoung's eyes were latched on the television screen. It was screening Silver Linings Playbook and they didn't have the time to watch at the cinema when it was screened in Korea before. Well, you have to say thank you to the latest technology; movies on the screens of various cinemas could be enjoyed on television, but it would take some time though.

The movie was going to an end and after a few minutes, it showed the credits. Lime got the remote control and turned off the television, her body laying down on the floor and a loud yawn coming out of .

"I'm so tired.. I want to sleep.. Good-" Lime's eyes fluttered close and loud snores, yawns and groans could be heard, which all of them came from Lime, of course. Nara and Yooyoung, also known as the Twin Towers, in Hello Venus, just shook their heads and let out soft giggles, with a smile creeping on each of their faces.

They sat on a couch near the coffee table, with Yooyoung resting her head on Nara's shoulder and heaving a deep sigh. "Nara-ah.."

Nara squealed, blood rising to her cheeks. Yooyoung rarely called her 'Nara' instead of 'unnie'. She tried to control herself when Yooyoung snuggled closer to hear, arms s around her petite waist. "Y-Yes, Yooyoung?"

"I feel bored.." Yooyoung curled her lips into a pout, scrunching her nose in an adorable way. Nara cringed a bit (in a  good way), putting her own hand on her chest; dup dup dup. There went that racing heartbeat again and sweat began bathing her forehead, knowing that she might be killed, if she told Yooyoung her deep secret (only known by Alice).

Should I? Should I not? If I tell her, I'll be dead meat! But you're the only ones here.. well, with Lime sleeping and now living in her dreamland for awhile. So.. Nara heaved a deep sigh, gulped down and played with her fingers. It's time. It's finally time.

"Yooyoung-ah.. I-I.." Nara gulped down for the second time of the day. Yooyoung blinked her eyes curiously, her hand scratching her head. "Huh?"

"I-I.." That was the third time Nara gulped. She could feel that she was now on air, her soul now leaving her body. 

"I-I.." That was the fourth time and Nara buried her face in her hands in defeat after continuing her words, "..like you."

"Like me?" Yooyoung pointed at herself and burst into a fistful of giggles. She suddenly stopped when she realized something. "Do you like me.. as girlfriend – girlfriend thingy, unnie?"

Nara nodded her head, her hands still burying her face, her brown-coloured hair covering her whole face. Yooyoung lifted Nara's chin up and leaned closer towards Nara's face, tucking Nara's loose strands of hair behind her ears.

"Unnie, I'm really, really sorry.. But.." 

Nara shut her eyes close and tears started rolling down her cheeks. She already expected everything. Yooyoung only loved her as Hello Venus' mom, her own vitamin, member, friend and big sister. Their relationship wouldn't be more than friends, just friends.

Yooyoung cupped Nara's cheeks tightly with her hands, leaning in more closer while her own lips. 

 

"I love you too." Yooyoung whispered and crashed her lips against Nara's, pinning the elder down on the couch they were sitting on. She was on top of Nara's body and they continued kissing like there's no tomorrow, which made Nara surprised but still, happy. Nara opened her eyes in a very slow pace before kissing Yooyoung rougher.

S-She loved me too.. Oh, goodness gracious, thank you, Lee Yooyoung. Just, thank you.


"I like Ara, Yoo Ara."

"I like Ara, Yoo Ara."

"I like–"

Those words began chanting in Aice's mind like a broken CD and she stopped chanting those words, trying to calm herself down. She knew it; loving Yoo Ara was useless and damn, it really hit her. She mentally buried her face in her hands and cursed at herself for being so stupid all this time.

"Joohee.. Hey, what's wrong, unnie?! Please tell me!" Yoonjo shook Alice's body on the bench repeatedly and also cursed herself (by grumbling under her breath) for admitting that she liked Ara. 

"I-I.. like Ara too, Yoonjo.. I'm sorry, I'm seriously sorry. You deserve Ara more than I do and the two of you are stuck like glue, never letting each other go. While me? I just bully her and I feel like I'm a total nuisance. I'm sorry, Shin Yoonjo.. Unnie's sorry, deeply sorry.."

Alice said loudly in her croaked voice, tears finally running her cheeks and Yoonjo lifted Alice's chin up, wiping the elder's face with her towel.

"Shh. Please, don't cry.. It's not your fault, unnie. It's mine. I knew there was something wrong when I developed feelings for Ara. It turned out to be you. I knew it. I think it's best if I let Ara go. Also, you're not mean, you're nice. Those are just on stage and off stage personas.."

"But Yoong, you don't have to.."

"It's fine. I just thought about it yesterday. I could feel that I like someone else too. And oh yes, do you want to know who's the one who fed you chicken porridge and did all that stuff for you last night?" Yoonjo burst into a fistful of giggles and whispered the person's name into Alice's earlobe.

Alice could feel blood rose to her cheeks, her ears feeling hot and she mumbled, "She really did?"

Yoonjo nodded her head and clasped Alice's hands together with hers, a huge smile plastered on her face. "Let's discuss more about this, shall we?"


Night fell, the moonlight shining and the stars that twinkled in the night sky joining the moon. Yoonjo and Alice went home at 5:54PM, which was nearing night-time, after having their tea time at Hello Venus' favourite hangout – the coffee shop – the same where Nara and Alice went yesterday.

They discussed everything together, laughter, smiles and giggles accompanied their conversation. They had more chemistry than they knew they would have in the first place. They also spilled some of their secrets too (also about Yoonjo's secret crush!) but thank goodness for Nara, Alice didn't spill her secret about her secret for Yooyoung.

When the two came back, Lime was nowhere to be found, maybe taking a shower and Nara and Yooyoung were cuddling on the same couch. Alice knew there was something between those two and she sent Nara signals and Nara just nodded her head blushing, confirming their not-so-secret relationship when Alice made a heart shape with her hands and pointed at Yooyoung.

Ara wasn't home yet so, the five remaining girls (including Lime who had finished taking her shower) in the dorm decided to take a shower first and wait for Ara to have dinner together as usual.


Ara arrived home at 6:47PM and she held the paper tightly in her hands, a huge smile plastered on her face. She was greeted by five of the remaining members and the leader announced that there'll be a meeting before dinner and after she took her shower. She was fully inspired and was given moral support, strength and motivation by E-Young to confess to her dream girl. She was glad that her worries would say bye-bye to her and she hoped that her dream girl would accept her for the way she is. In addition, she also re-wrote her letter until she was too satisfied with it.

The five were curious about what was the meeting about but Ara kept the secret, not wanting to blow the secret up, a finger put on her lips. Ara then left for her room, took her towel, put the paper on her make-up table and took deep breaths before her feet starting to step on the cold marble floors of the bathroom.

This is it, Yoo Ara. You can do it! Fighting! 


"Okay, I know this meeting's too sudden but I have a confession to make." Ara stood in front of her members, who were sitting on the floor facing her figure. She held the paper in her hands and began to recite,

"Hello there. This is me, Yoo Ara, Hello Venus' Yoo Ara, to be exact. I don't know why I'm writing down on this piece of paper with first person but never mind. I'm here to confess about something important so, listen up and I hope you will understand.

Well, I'm dedicating this to a certain you. You's a person who helped most of my life and oh wow, you's very sweet, nice and friendly to me, even during our first meeting. You.. meant something more than just friends to me and I just realized it when I saw her these past few days. I changed you to her or she because it's going to be more easier to write third person since I had a hard time writing this. (chuckles)

She often bullies us onstage but she cares for us offstage, when we are tired, sick, etc. She's the one who'd keep us together, no matter what, no matter rain or shine, and she's like our Kahi sunbaenim, running away for home to achieve her dreams. But her parents would be so proud of her success with us. She works hard, to do the best for everyone.

She was really charming with her long, black hair from her pre-debut days during our first meeting and she really wanted me to join our group, since she likes pretty girls.. Ah, I flustered at that compliment, really.. That made my heart beat fast, butterflies attacking my stomach and me feeling shy, very shy!

Right now, she seems to be avoiding me and it's so weird.. She seems to be nervous and I could feel that she's in a state of depression as I want to spend more time with her, I want to hold her, hug her, kiss her, cuddle with her during cold nights while watching my favourite set of romance movies and her favourite set of sci-fi, action movies. I made my first move last night by taking care of her while she was sleeping by wiping her tears and feeding her chicken porridge along with a glass of water. I also slept with her and made sure that she didn't know I was there this morning.

Well, this is the real message for the one I love, I know that I spend more time with my best friend, I'm too close to her, I pour too much affection on her and I care for her but don't you know that you're always the queen of my heart along with my mother? Don't worry, I'd always love you, through thick and thin, no matter, rain or shine, no matter what happens and I promise to sacrifice everything for you, take care of you whenever you're sick, play with you whenever you want me to, and everything we would do together for the rest of our lives..

So, I'd like to ask you.."

Ara picked a beautiful, red rose (which represents true love) that she bought at a flower shop with E-Young earlier and she walked towards her dream girl, kneeling onto the ground and looking up to her nervously, with her glistening, doe-like eyes, her heart thumping hard against her chest, sweat bathing her forehead and her body trembling in nervousness,

 

"My one and only precious Song Joohee, Alice, Ora, would you want to live in a gingerbread house with me for the rest of our lives– Okay, I'd just be straightforward – be my Mrs. Yoo in the future? Or I'd be your Mrs. Song.. Just answer me; yes or no?"


Alice was too shocked to say anything and deep inside her heart, she was bouncing off the walls like a total dork since she was too happy because Yoo Ara loved Song Joohee the whole time. She could finally scream to the whole world that Hello Venus' beautiful, talented leader with doe-like eyes is her one and only property; no one could ever steal Ara away from Alice. Alice could finally tell everyone, especially their fans; Hello Cupids, that Hello Venus' most famous and favourite pairing or couple or One True Pairing (OTP), AraLice (a combination of their names) is real. She could be with Ara until her last breath – wait, no, until their last breath.

Yoonjo, who was sitting on Lime's lap, whispered softly into Alice's ear and tickled the elder's sides before fist pumping into the air, "Come on, tell my fellow 92' liner about your feelings!"

Alice then turned her head to face Lime, Nara and Yooyoung (the two girlfriends were still cuddling affectionally on the couch) for support and they met their hopeful, glistening eyes and mouths mouthing 'Just say yes!'.

Alice finally turned her head to face Ara, hopped down from the couch, kneeled beside Ara and took the red rose from Ara's hand. She wrapped an arm around Ara's shoulder and planted a long kiss on Ara's forehead, saying, "Of course, I say yes to my Mrs. Song. I'd meet you at the altar soon."

Ara was blushing hard from head to toe and she helped Alice to stand up from the floor, picking the elder up with her famous and adorable eye-smile and letting out a loud shout, "I love you, my weird princess!"

"I love you too, my deer princess!" Alice shouted back in joy before sealing everything with a hug and a soft, gentle kiss on the lips and that earned 'Aww's, 'Ooh's, 'Ah's a.k.a. coos, shouts and a round of applause from the rest of the girls; Nara, Yoonjo, Lime [who's Hello Venus' Barbie Doll's secret crush and current girlfriend; she already confessed to Lime secretly in the cheesiest away ever in the kitchen] and Yooyoung, who also found their happiness with their other halves.


The End

Word Count: 3390 words | Posted & Finished On: 28th of May 2014, 3:16PM [GMT+8]

The epilogue and author's note would be in the 20th chapter; therefore, this wouldn't be marked as completed yet.