15

Pouring Affection

"Brr.. Achoo!" 

"Aish. It's all your fault, Nara!"

"B-But it was raining and it was nearing night-time so, I think we should take an alternative–"

"We could have just taken a taxi!"

"But.. But.."

"Enough bickering, my sisters. At least, the two of you are back safe and sound." Ara approached Alice and Nara, who were sitting on the couch in the living room, bringing two cups of tea with her. "Here you go, have some tea."

"T-Thank you, Ara the Bambi," Alice shakily replied, due to the freezing cold and the contact between her and Ara. They were so close, Alice couldn't help but to tremble. She still received the cup of tea and took a sip of it, her lips before heaving a satisfied sigh. This is very good, especially when it's made by Ara..

"Thanks, Ara. We're lucky to have such a nice leader like you." Nara immediately took the cup of tea and drank it in one gulp, putting it down on the coffee table next to the couch. That made Ara, Lime, Yoonjo and Yooyoung, who were sitting in front of them, break into a fistful of giggles.

Are you wondering what happened earlier between them? Well, here's a re-cap about it if you really want to know:


"Sir, please stop the car!"

Yoonjo's hollering made the taxi driver stop the vehicle in an instant, Yooyoung almost drop her shopping list with a pout and Lime wake up from her 'beauty sleep' a.k.a. afternoon up with a loud groan.

"Huh? What's happening?" Lime rubbed her eyes and let out a soft yawn, cupping .

"Yeah.. What's wrong? I'm halfway there through the shopping list!" Yooyoung continued to pout.

"Everyone, look!" Yoonjo pointed at two familiar figures running in the rain, letting their shoes getting wet in puddles and shielding themselves with their hands and she broke into a giggle – the figures were Alice's and Nara's.

Apparently, rain droplets had dropped to the ground since a few minutes ago and night will fall in less than ten minutes. Time flew due to the fact that the taxi Yoonjo, Lime and Yooyoung rode in was still stuck in a huge traffic jam.

"Oh my freaking shopping list, those figures are Alice unnie and Nara unnie!" Yooyoung squealed and hit the window of the cab repeatedly with her knuckles, trying to get the two's attention. Lime continued giggling while squirming around in  her seat, finding the situation funny.

Yoonjo rolled down the window after getting permission from the taxi driver and shouted at the top of her lungs, waving her hands in mid air. "ALICE UNNIE, NARA UNNIE!"

Alice and Nara, who were busy surviving the rain, blinked their eyes when they heard someone shouting their names. They looked around the place, their bodies shivering due to the cold temperature and they finally found the source of the voice – Shin Yoonjo. "Yoonjo!"

"Come in! Lime, Yooyoung, make space for Alice unnie and Nara unnie," Yoonjo ordered from the front seat and Lime and Yooyoung put the plastic bags, filled with their groceries below their seats and moved a bit to the right side.

Alice and Nara dashed towards the cab and opened the car door in an instant, after being unlocked by Yooyoung earlier. They went inside the cab and closed the door, their bodies shivering, their clothes soaking wet and their heads hanging low but they each heaved a sigh in relief. Finally, their fiasco with the rain was over and right now, they were waiting their second fiasco – this time, with the traffic jam.

"So.. What exactly happened, unnies?" Lime asked, with a raised brow, after finishing her so-called 'giggling and squirming around' business.

"Well, since night's going to fall soon and it's also about to rain, Nara suggested that we should run ourselves back to the dorm. Bad luck was on our way but whoop, thank goodness, you saved us!" Alice gave Yoonjo, Lime and Yooyoung jazz hands and Nara feigned a pout, when Alice then threw her a playful glare after giving the others jazz hands.

"I know, I know.. It's my fault.."

"It's okay, unnie. At least, you and Alice unnie are not falling sick or something worse than that." Yooyoung, who was now sitting next to Nara, gave her a peck on the cheek. The other three girls cooed endlessly, making Nara blush and there came Alice flashing a wink and whispering into her ear, "It seems she likes you too."

"S-Shut up, unnie. I never liked Yooyoung." Nara slapped and swatted Alice's hand away after mumbling as a respond to Alice's teasing, making her cheeks heat up more. Yooyoung didn't mind it and she just giggled in her seat.

"Finally, the traffic jam's moving!" The cab driver hollered excitedly, with his hands in mid air but he then blushed, knowing that his actions were watched by his passengers – five young, beautiful girls, to be exact.

The six of them just broke into laughter, each with a smile plastered on their lips. At the same moment, night fell, the moonlight was shining down to the ground and the bright stars were twinkling in the sky, even though the rain continued pouring to the ground as well.


Alice continued sipping onto her tea and finished it within a few minutes before putting the cup down on the coffee table. She knew she had to take a hot shower, since she already ran in puddles and was showered with rain droplets just now. She stood up from her seat and raced towards her, Ara and Nara's bedroom.

Ara saw everything, with her own pair of eyes and she gulped her saliva down into , remembering if she already put the piece of paper and the blue pen in the drawer below her make-up table. She heaved a deep sigh in relief after knowing that she already put it back. She didn't want anyone know about the letter, even her own members, until it was already the right time, to tell everyone.

She tried to think of someone to her solve another question and she snapped her fingers before standing up from the floor, taking out her phone from her pocket and going towards the kitchen. She punched a phone number, that she was very familiar with and held it up to her ear, waiting for the receiver to pick it up.

"Hello? Who is this?" Ara tried hard not to squeal; it had been a long time since she talked to the receiver.

"Hey, how couldn't you forget me?" Ara feigned a pout and there came a light laugh through the phone call.

"Just kidding. So, what's up, girlie?"

"Are you in Japan right now?"

"Nah, since Raina, Nana and Lizzy are gearing up for a comeback."

"Oh yeah.. Just meet me up at the usual hangout tomorrow at 4. There's something that I want to discuss."

"All right then. It's a deal. I can't wait to see you again."

"Me too. Have you changed a lot?"

"Nope, I'm still the same, old me- Oops, Jungah's calling us for dinner. Goodbye, Ara-ah!"

"Okie dokie, goodbye! See you tomorrow, buddy!"

Tut.. Tut.. The phone call ended, with Ara smiling in satisfaction as she raced back to the living room, with her phone back in her pocket. She hoped tomorrow will be fine, just perfectly fine. And she really meant it.


Word Count: 1242 words

Countdown to Possible Ending: 5 chapters or more

A/N: Wow, this is surely the longest chapter so far and the girl that Ara was talking to's really easy to be recognized, haha! But I hope you would enjoy this update and do leave your honest comment, since I absolutely love reading your comments, keke~ Once again, thank you for the unending support, my dear readers; do stay tuned until the next update!