16

Pouring Affection

Alice finished her usual quick shower and she changed into her pyjamas so, when it was time to head back to bed, she could just land safely on the bed and with a count of three, zzz.. She'll be sleeping at the speed of lightning since darn, she was tired today. Very tired, she could tell.

She sat on the edge of the bed, her fingers twirling her brown locks, heaving a deep sigh in satisfaction. She felt mostly satisfied today, thanks to Nara's encouragement when the two were hanging out at the coffee shop. 

She could feel her eyes starting to close slowly, due to feeling tired. She laid down on the bed, her head resting against the headboard, her hands clutching the blanket near her figure. Her body was shivering at that chilly night; it was still raining outside, rain droplets hitting the glass window, making loud noises to interrupt the silence in the dorm and thunderstorms coming by one by one.

Alice grabbed a pillow and clutched it to her chest, tears starting to roll down her cheeks. She could feel something inside her heart, clutching the pillow tighter to her chest. She bit on her lower lip harder than she used to, trying hard  to end her nth session with her pool of tears. She felt more pain when her eyes started to flutter close, imagining visions of Ara and Yoonjo in her mind.

She knew it was wrong, terribly wrong, to love Ara differently. Ara's the leader of Hello Venus. Ara's her roommate. Ara's her first friend ever when Alice arrived at the company. Ara's one of her best friends (or vitamins) in her entire life. Ara's her savior. Ara's her first love. Ara's her crush. Ara's.. her everything. Everything.

She couldn't imagine life without Ara. She couldn't imagine herself not being with Ara. She couldn't imagine Hello Venus without Ara. But she knew, once again, it was wrong to love the one and only Yoo Ara. Too wrong.

When her eyes were closed, her stomach grumbling, her heart getting more weak, Alice drifted towards her dreamland, tears, snores, shivers, thunderstorms, silence and rain droplets accompanying her.

Little that Alice didn't know, someone wiped her tears, fed her chicken porridge, made her drink a glass of water and wrapped her arms around her figure when she was sleeping. And Alice didn't mind at all, even though she didn't know who was that person (and secretly wanted to know), who sacrifised herself to do all of these.. only for her.


Word Count: 424 words

Countdown to Ending: 3 chapters

A/N: Finally, I updated this fanfic after thirteen days and my exams are coming up in nine (yes, nine days). Ah, I must finish writing this fanfic while studying for those dreaded days filled with gruelling exams. And we could see a suffering Alice and a mystery person at the end. Ah, I wonder who she is. Keke~ ;)

Also, it's official: this fanfic will end on the 19th chapter, thus making my longest fanfic so far. I couldn't wait to wrap this fanfic up and focus on my other ones! But I'm also sad too.. :(