chapter 8

Train Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

WARNING: Long chapter! ;)

 

 

 

 

Trust can become more precious than love.

 

 

 


"It's so hooooooot." I cried and rolled to the other side of the couch hoping for a cooler spot. 

"I know..." Yejin mumbled. "Now stop saying the same thing over and over again!" She growled. 

"I can't help it." I cried again and felt something land on my back. I looked back and noticed that Yejin threw the magazine she was reading at me.

"Get yourself a fan." She hissed and I heaved a sigh. 

"I have one." I snapped and sat up, looking at her.

"And why don't you use it?" She asked and I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"I-It's somewhere... somewhere... in some closet.... in some random bag." I mumbled and let my body drop back onto the couch.

"I don't know where it is and I won't waste any energy on looking for that fan because it won't be worth it." I said and Yejin chuckled. 

"First world problem." She stated and I nodded. "Yeah, real life struggle."

"Where is Suho taking you?" I asked and spread my arms and my legs, gazing up at the ceiling. 

"He'll be here soon to pick me up. We're going to attend some fancy dinner at his uncle's. He's some real wadded case. So this means I have to tart myself up." She sighed, not excited at all and I raised one eyebrow at her.

"First of all why is Suho's family this rich? And secondly why do you sound like you don't wanna go?" I questioned and she shrugged. 

"I don't know. I would rather have some lizza with my baby Suho instead of some portions of micro mini food accompanied by a deadly boring orchestra, fake laughters and conversation about high society." She said and rolled her eyes, still I didn't quite agree. 

"B-But.. b-but at least you're not alone." I mumbled and she looked at me, this time it was her to raise her eyebrow.

"I knew it!" She hissed and jumped up. "I ing knew it!" 

"What do you know?" My eyes widened and I sat up, looking at her flustered. 

"That's also the reason why you've been so y lately." She said making me carve for more information. 

"What?" I asked and she rested her hands on her hips. 

"You are pissed at Kai. Of course. How come I realize it just now?" Yejin said and I frowned. 

"What?" I hissed and she tapped her chin. 

"You think I don't know? Of course you were trying to fish some information about Kai without me noticing." She smirked and I shook my head.

"When? When did I do that?" I questioned and crossed my arms over my chest, hoping I wouldn't get caught.

"______, I am your best friend. I know you probably better than yourself." She pretended and I still shook my head. 

"Earlier you were fangirling about some dancer..." She said and I gasped. 

"That's how you bring in a verdict? Just because I like some dancer?" 

"Oh please stop denying... since when are you into dance anyway? Could it be because of Kai?" She wiggled her eyebrows and I could do nothing than shake my head. 

"No... that's not true. Seems like you don't know me at all." I mumbled. "Dance had always been a hidden passion of mine." 

"Yeah... for sure." Yejin said and walked towards my desktop. I stood up from the couch and followed her to my work desk where my computer stood. 

"Let's prove you wrong." She said and I frowned not understanding what she was up to. Yejin took hold of the mouse and started moving it, until the display lit up. I still had no idea what she wanted and as she clicked on the Google Chrome icon I froze as I finally realized what she wanted to do.

"No!" I shouted and tried to push her away but she was stubborn. 

"Why nervous?" She smirked and I fought for the mouse but to no success. Then I looked at the plug and thought of pulling on it but before I did that I remembered I had some project on my computer and I wasn't sure if I did save it. So I didn't unplug my computed and it was already too late. Yejin already retrieved the history of the past few days. I heaved a sigh and gave up, walking back to the couch giving gravity the upper hand. 

"Dance classes... how to dance... dance for beginners... dance choreographer... dance choreographer in Seoul... dance school in Seoul... famous dancer... Kai dancer..." Yejin listed and I placed my arm over my eyes. I got caught.

"So what did you say? You ain't about that ?" Yejin raised her eyebrow at me and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Tch, and you thought you could fool me!" She hissed and I pouted looking apologetically at her.

"What? Chrome is a liar!" I snapped and she laughed and nodded. 

"Yes, sure." 

"Urgh! Fine I did some research. Can't I?" I growled and sat up.

"Don't you understand? That's not the point." She said and walked towards me.

"The problem is you not me." She mumbled and plopped down next to me.

"Problem?" I gasped and frowned at her. "What problem?!"

"Chill, girl. You see? You're getting startled all of a sudden and you seem little upset and all that because your stupid brain won't accept the fact that you're interested in Kai." Yejin declared and my eyes widened. 

Why did she know me that well?!

I was speechless, I had nothing to say because she put it in a nutshell. And even though I tried to fool myself I couldn't fool her. Deep down there was this voice that said exactly what Yejin said and no matter how much I ignored that voice it never stopped. 

"I hate you Yejin!" I cried and my back collapsed back onto the couch. 

"Ey, what is wrong in accepting your interest in Kai?" She asked and I shrugged. 

"It's just... it's... I don't... urgh! I can't!" I even failed when it came into expressing myself. 

"Look, having interest and having desires for someone is not the same. It's normal to carve for more information about a simple friend. It doesn't always need to be a lover. I mean of course you'd want to know more about Kai since the incident in LA, don't you think?" Yejin asked and I looked at her in disbelief. She just laid down all the stuff I was having a war about in my mind. And damn she was right! Why didn't I come across this thought? Having interest doesn't have to mean in a romantic way.

"You think I am brilliant. I know that." Yejin grinned and I rolled my eyes. "The second I walked into your appartement I knew what was wrong. You were having a fight between your brain and heart. You thought that if you wanted to know more about Kai it meant that you want him as a lover. That was the moment that crushed your little world together. Kinda like..." Yejin cleared before she continued with, "What the ?! That can't be! That's wrong! That jerk can't just walk into my life and awake all the butterflies in my stomach that I've decommissioned a long time ago. Furthermore he doesn't even look like Lee Jong Suk." Yejin laughed as she finished and earned a smack on her arm from me.

"I don't sound like that!" I hissed at her attempt of imitating my voice. "And that's not even close to what I had in my mind." I lied and Yejin smirked. 

"Look at yourself. You're biting your lip. Girl, if you want me to believe your lies then you better believe in them first." She said and I shrugged but then sat up as the doorbell rang.

"Oh, that's Suho." Yejin jumped up and walked to the door.

She opened it and there he was. watering husband. Why so handsome? I cried in my mind and smiled at him as he entered. 

"Hey, how is it going?" He asked me after he pecked Yejin on the lips.

"Still breathing as you can see." I mumbled and he chuckled. 

"I am getting my stuff ready." Yejin said and walked around my apartment, gathering all her stuff.

"You look awful." He stated and walked into the kitchen. 

"Thanks." I pouted and knew he was right. 

"You look like you need some time out. You know, with people and stuff." He spoke and grabbed himself a bottle of water out of the fridge. 

"You don't say?!" I growled and he walked back into the living room.

"Jokes aside. Why don't you go out and have some great time?" He asked and sat down next to me.

"Suho, I already know I got no friends. No need to squeeze it out of me." I heaved a sigh and he grimaced.

"What about Haru?" Yejin screamed out of my room.

"Japan." I shouted back.

"And what about Giyoung or Hana?" She asked and I shook my head.

"We always end up in the police station. They're too crazy!" I said as flashbacks of some events with those 2 girls came up in my mind. No one deserved the 'Troublemaker' title more than them.

"Yeah, that's true. Hana's crazy enough to run away from home and live in an all boys school... I still can't believe it. And Giyoung always gets what she wants with her manipulative skills." Suho said and I grimaced not able to imagine all the trouble they've been through. 

"I know what you need." Suho said and opened the water bottle. "You need a man to spank that ." He smirked and gulped down half of the bottle. 

"I know right!" Yejin agreed and came walking out of the room.

"Why do I need spanking?!" I hissed and hit Suho with the pillow next to me, almost making him spill some water. 

"For looking worse than a 50 year old bus driver woman with 6 kids and one gold tooth." He chuckled and stood up before I could get a grip on him.

"We will be going now." Yejin said and waved a kiss at me.

"Yes, you better leave." I hissed and they both looked apologetically at me before they disappeared from my sight. 

As soon as the door closed I shut my eyes, grabbed the pillow next to me and screamed into it out of frustration. Then I laid there alone looking up at the ceiling, only my breath could be heard and the ticking of the clock. I couldn't bear that silence any longer and before I could freak out I heard that 'pop' sound of my phone.

I jumped up and looked for my phone. It was on the coffee table and with some effort I took hold of it. I couldn't prevent myself from grinning as I saw I received a text message. I unlocked my phone and I opened the message full of hope and guess what? That text was only a reminder of one of my work colleagues and it took me lots of self control to not smash my phone against the wall. I couldn't afford another phone so I placed it back onto the coffee table and screamed once more into the pillow. I kept doing that until I lost conscious and drifted off into dreamland which wasn't any better. I had a really really bad dream where I sat alone on a bench in a park while lots of couples were having a great time right in front of me. But that was not all. I recognized some of those people as my old classmates and even Potato-Chip had someone to hold her hand. Do you get it? Potato-Chip that ugly girl from third grade! 

"Life is not fair!" I shouted and ran up to those people but just as I reached them they faded away. Everything seemed to fade and I was faced a pitch black room. I looked around and saw nothing but black and then the room started to shake violently. I looked around for a way out but to no avail and all of a sudden I lost my balance and the ground beneath me disappeared.

I shrieked at the sudden loss and screamed as I fell deeper into the dark until I gasped and opened my eyes to realize this was only a dream. However that vibrating sound was still there and as I looked to my side I noticed that my phone was vibrating. I grabbed it and answered with trembling hands, still shaken by the dream.

"Yes?" I breathed out.

"_______ it's me, Kai." I grimaced knowing exactly whom this deep voice belonged to.

"Oh, Kai. Uhm, hey." I mumbled and tried to act natural but it came out stiff anyway.

"Why do you sound breathless and hoarse? Bad timing?" He asked and I chuckled awkwardly. 

"No, not really. I was actually about to get up anyway." I said and stood up.

"So you were sleeping?" He asked. Somehow sounding relieved. 

"Yep but as I said I was about to get up." I nodded and fumbled with the necklace around me neck while I started pacing around my apartment. C'mon who didn't do that while on the phone?

"Thankfully 'cause I wouldn't want to disturb any kind of beauty sleep." He chuckled and I frowned, stopping in the kitchen. 

"You know exactly I am not into such stuff." I reminded and opened my fridge getting hungry all of a sudden.

"Yeah, yeah. So how are you?" He asked and I shrugged. 

"Fine I guess and you?" I asked and smelled the Chinese noddles leftover from yesterday. 

"I couldn't be any better." He laughed and I found myself smiling at the delightful sound of him. 

Always at ease. I envied him for that. 

"I see you're having a good time." I stated and he hummed. 

"Well better be thankful for that what you have, don't you think?" He said and I labeled the Chinese noddles as eatable. 

"Wise words." I whistled and he chuckled. 

"I prefer true... ture words. I am not wise." He said and I shrugged. "Whatever."

"What are you doing right now?" He asked as I placed the noddles into the microwave. 
"I am about to rock some Chinese leftovers." I said and started the microwave. 

"Wifey material, I see." He mumbled.

"You're smirking right now, aren't you?" I questioned and was sure he was.

"Yes, indeed." He admitted and I knew I was right. 

"And you're walking around in your appartement in an old oversized shirt and some really short shorts you wouldn't dare to wear in public while your hair is up in a messy bun which is about to give up anytime soon." He said and I gaped. 

"Ey, I only said smirk. You don't need to list all of it." I hissed and he chuckled. 

"This means I am right." He spoke and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes you are." I said as I looked down at myself for confirmation. 

"Anyway are you free this evening?" He asked getting all my attention so that I forgot about my food in the microwave. 

"This evening?" I asked because hadn't in mind leaving my appartement any time soon.

"Yes, I have a favor to ask." He said and I frowned as the microwave started beeping.

"Seems like food's ready." He mumbled and I turned the microwave off.

"Why don't you ask now?" I questioned while I got the noddles out of the microwave.

"Ehm... uh, can you come over?" He asked and I hissed as one noodle fell to the ground as I tried to pour it into a plate. 

"Come over? You mean your place?" I asked and grabbed that noddle throwing it into the trash before I wiped that spot on the floor clean.

"Yes, my place. Can you come?" He asked and frowned. 

"Now I wonder what this favor is about." I mumbled and I couldn't think of any possibilities which made me even more curious.

"So this means you'll come?" He asked and I heard a slight hint of hope in his voice. 

"Uhm, what time do we have?" I asked since there was no clock in my kitchen. 

"It's shortly after 3 pm." He said and I calculated the time I needed to get ready. 

"Let's say 5 pm at yours?" I suggested. 

"Perfect! So I'll see you then at 5 pm. Do you remember my address?" He asked and I nodded. 

"Yep, I do." I said and heaved a sigh as I remembered that scene with that in the elevator. 

"I am looking forward." I heard him and a small smile crept on my face. 

"Sure after you got me all curious." I said and grabbed a fork and my plate, making my way to the living room.

"Ehm, I can say you'll be surprised." He said.

"Positively or negatively?" I asked because you never know. Surprise didn't need to be positive. 

"That's up to you." He sang and I hissed.

"Tz, tz, tz. I'll make you regret it if it's some stupid request. I don't sacrifice my Saturday evenings with pleasure." I threatened but not really meaning it since I had nothing to do anyway so I was actually glad for him to invite me to his place. But pssshh... he didn't need to know that. 

"Do I look like I'd ever mess with you?" He asked all hurt and I nodded. "Yes you do."

"That... that went straight into my heart like a sharp blade cutting fresh Italian cheese." He said and I had to laugh. 

"Yeah, sure. Anyway I need to hung up and eat before my noodles get cold."

"Enjoy your meal. Till later then." 

"Yes see you later." Was the last thing I said before I hung up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now it's time for some Kai.

 

I hang up and threw my phone onto the couch while I ran my hand through my hair. 
I did it.

I thought to myself and couldn't stop the grinning but then I noticed those big pair of eyes watching me.

"What?" I hissed and looked at the little frame that kept its gaze directed at me.

"Stop looking at me like that." I commanded and bent down to be on eye level with that frowning kid.

"I don't want a nanny!" That little kid hissed and crossed his little arms over his chest. 

"Someone's getting mad..." I smirked and pinched my nephew's plump cheek.

"Uncle I don't want a nanny! They're monsters... they live under the bed!" He cried and I started laughing. 

"Don't laugh! At night they come up eat you!" He mumbled and I tried my best not to laugh because I didn't want him to get angry. 

"Really?" I asked faking a gasp out of shock. 

"Yes, yes." He said and gestured for me with his little hand to get closer.

"If you want you can sleep next to me mummy and daddy." He whispered into my ear and I smiled. 

"That's so nice of you." I said and he grinned sheepishly. 

"So you say nannies are in reality monsters?" I summed up and he nodded. 

"But ssshhhh..." He placed his finger to his lips. "Don't tell anyone."

"Why?" I asked totally enjoying this little man's company. 

"They... they might come... and and get you." He warned and his round eyes widened. 

"Okay, okay. But this lady I just called is not a nanny." I declared and he frowned. 

"Who is she?" He asked and I got closer to his ear.

"She is the tooth fairy." I lied and earned a gasp out of disbelief. 

"T-Tooth fairy?" 

"Yes, indeed and if you don't behave you won't get any money even if you keep your tooth under the pillow." I explained and he gasped some more. 

"But... but I am a good boy. I even let Simon play with my cars and I ate all the carrots." He said and I ruffled his hair.

"Yeah and she's coming soon to play with you. No one gets the chance to spend the time with the beautiful tooth fairy." I smirked and he nodded.

"I want so her. I wanf to see the tooth fairy." He said and jumped around the room.

"Where is she?" He asked impatient and I bit my lip hoping he would believe my lie for the rest of the evening. 

"We will go and have some pizza and when we return she'll be there waiting for us." I explained and he stopped and pouted. 

"But I want to see her now." He sulked and I grabbed his arm dragging him to the corridor. 

"Yeah, but she's busy collecting teeth around the world." I said and he nodded.

"Well, the faster we get something to eat the faster you'll get to see her." I mumbled and got his shoes out of the cabinet. 

"Okay, okay." He sang and took hold of my shoulder as I bent down to get his shoes on.

"Wait, you're 6. You should be able to put on your shoes." I said and he shook his head.

"I can't..." He mumbled and I looked at him suspiciously before I stood up crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Well, the fairy doesn't like kids who can't put on their shoes." I mumbled and in am instant that little kid slipped his foot into his shoe on his own.

I like this idea of the fairy. I thought to myself and grinned.

"Uncle I can't tie the laces." He said and I bent down to tie his laces into a knot. Getting them on all by himself was pretty good after all. 

Then I slipped into my shoes before I grabbed my car keys, wallet and the little ones cardigan in case it could chilly. 

"Give me your hand." I said and took hold of his hand as we walked out of my appartement. 

I closed the door behind and then we made our way to the elevator. 

"Eh, eh, I want.. lemme." Haneul jumped up trying to press the button on the elevator. Yes, his name is Haneul by the way.

With some effort the little man managed to reach the button and press on it. It lit up and he gasped in awe while we waited for the elevator to come. I looked back at the corridor and prayed for Yeon Ji my neighbor not walk out of her appartement. Guess what? Luck was never on my side. I instantly looked away as I saw that familiar body approaching Haneul and I. 

Now come already. I hissed in my mind and hoped for the elevator doors to open just before she was about to reach us just like I said, luck was not on my side. It never was and I grimaced as the sound of high heels getting in contact with the marble floor got louder every second. Soon a wave of female perfume hit me and her steps came into halt right next to me.

"Kai?" She said in her low voice and I didn't hide my roll of eyes.

"Uncle who's that?" Haneul asked and tugged on my hand.

"Omo, you're so cute. What's your name?" I heard Yeon Ji's fake gasp.

"Haneul? What a wonderful name you've go--"

"Cut this we ain't got time for you." I growled as I saw the elevator doors opening and didn't waste any time to get in.

"You can't say that word uncle." Haneul mumbled and glared at me.

"Sorry, won't say it again." I assured and reminded myself to filter my words for the next hours. 

"Are you still mad at me?" Yeon Ji of course had to use the elevator too.

I lifted Haneul and helped him press the 'garage' button, ignoring the woman's presence completely. She started it in first place. How dare she gamble some bull in front of you. Remember last time? 

 

 

 

"Which floor?" She asked as I was standing near the buttons of the elevator. 
"24th." I said and she nodded pressing the button. Just as the doors were about to close there was Yeon Ji that managed to squeeze herself in.

"That was close." Yeon Ji laughed and stopped as her gaze met mine.

"Omo, Kai. Finally I see you. Why don't you answer to my messages?" She asked as she playfully hit me on my arm.

"I was busy." I said and she nodded. 

"Sure you weren't busy, getting some girls laid?" She smirked and you cleared your throat looking away awkwardly.
 
"No, I wasn't." I hissed and Yeon Ji shrugged. 

"Anyway when's my turn to get into your pants? You know that my boyfriend left me and I need you." She pouted and you had the urge to bump against the doors and get somehow out of this, I could tell. Her strong of perfume made you and me a bit dizzy.

"What are you trying? Loosing some bull in front of the girl to make me seem bad?" I growled and Yein Ji shrugged again. 

"Well, that's the truth--"

"It's my life and my business. I have a reason for all what I am doing and if you think this girl is just someone I am gonna bang then think again." I hissed and grabbed your arm right as the elevator doors opened.

"I know you won't let her in, since she isn't even pretty." Yeon Ji screamed behind us as we walked to my appartement. 

 

 

 

"... truly sorry." Was the only thing I caught after my flashback ended.

Sorry?

At first I wasn't that mad but now considering how much I liked you it made me angrier by the time. She shouldn't have talked disrespectfully in front of you. I really didn't like that idea and I already guessed that Yeon Ji didn't like you either, so one reason more to be mad at her.

"I really didn't mean--" I didn't even bother to hear her out as the elevator doors opened and I took the chance to escape. 

"Bye." Haneul waved at Yeon Ji before I dragged him with me into the parking lot. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter