chapter 1

Train Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Red Scarf

 

 

23rd December 2010


I rubbed my hands together and buried my face into my scarf. It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey. I sighed knowing that there was still a long day waiting for me. I had still a lot things to buy for Christmas. 

I looked at my watch wondering, when the train would arrive. Just then I saw from afar the front of the train. I walked a few steps forward and waited for the train to come to halt. My mouth parted at the sight. The train was stuffed full of people. I knew exactly that shopping at last minute was not a good idea. I had no other choice than to squeeze myself through the sea of people. I stood somewhere in a corner at the back of the train, and I had luck that I was even able to breath. The train gave a short signal as the doors were about to close but right at this moment someone other had to climb in. I rolled my eyes and groaned as people started shifting closer to me because of the need of space. 

Finally the doors closed and the train started moving but I was still in an uncomfortable position. There was some big fat man right in front of me. His arm was raised so that he could grab one of those straps to steady his position. Yeah, and his armpit was facing me. I wondered how could someone sweat this much by a temperature of - 7° C. I couldn't hold my breath anymore and as I inhaled I was about to faint. The gross smell of a dead cat entered my nostrils. Oh my god! I coughed trying to get this ugly air out of me. 

"Eewww...." I hissed and put my scarf over my nose, trying to breath somehow. I looked around wanting to go to another corner but there was really no space. I should have took the car of my friend Haru, then I wouldn't be in this miserable state. I felt awful and nauseated while I closed my eyes wanting this to end soon. 

"Excuse me...."

"May I get through..."

"Excuse me....thank you."

My eyes opened as a tall figure stood in front of me. I looked up to see dark brown orbs shining through me. Again this boy. The boy I always met in the train. You can regard him as stalker. 

"Hey, beautiful." He smiled at me as he went closer, pushing the ugly fat man behind him. 

He growled as he looked behind him at the man with the awful smell. He stuck his out trying to push the man farther away and the man hissed. I couldn't bear it anymore and pushed my scarf to the side before I took a deep breath. Oh damn! He smells so so good, I thought.

"Mhm...." I smiled taking another deep breath of this pleasant scent. Then I felt how this stalker boy shifted even closer so that I ended up squeezed by his firm body and the wall behind me. 
"Ugh, wait you're way too close. It's uncomfortable." I said and the boy raised his one eyebrow.
"Fine then. You wanna keep that fat by your side." He shrugged and pushed himself off me.
"No!" I cried and grabbed his arm.
"Don't! I am still too young to die." I said and eyed the fatsos. "Please stay." I said and he smirked closing the gap between our bodies. 
"I mean, you smell much better as this gross man over there." I said to make things clear and he nodded. 
"I know." He said as his hand reached up to grab one of those straps.


*blink*     *blink*     *blink*        *blink*


There was this awkward silence building and I sighed hating this atmosphere. 

"So... " I mumbled looking everywhere but him..I waited for a topic to pop up in my mind. 
"Yeah...?" I felt how his eyes were intensely watching me, that made me feel more uncomfortable. 
"Please stop starring. It's kinda weird and I don't know what to talk. I don't want to keep this awkward silence between us." I babbled what was in my mind and he chuckled. 
"You're right. We always see each other nearly everyday and I hate awkward silence so why not drop the ice and get comfortable with each other?" He smirked rather seductively and I frowned a bit. 
"Watch out, don't get too comfortable." I said in a rather serious tone and he nodded. 
"Yes, miss." He laughed and I smacked his shoulder causing him to stop and look at me with wide eyes, like I had done some serious crime. 
"Hey...." He rubbed the spot I hit him on and pouted. I was kinda amused by the adorably cute face he did. 
"That's rude to smack people you barely, now." He hissed and I shrugged. 
"You're right but in my case it's not rude at all." I said and he rolled his eyes. 
"Sure Ms. Perfect."
"Nice name but please address me as ______." I said and he smirked. 
"______...." My name trailed out of his mouth in a soft murmur. 

"So, what's your name?" I asked and he looked at me a bit hesitant. 
"My name?" He repeated and I nodded. "Yes, what's your name?"

He smirked and tapped his chin as if he was thinking. "Hmm, if you buy me hot chocolate I'll tell ya." He winked and I whined. 
"What? But that's not fair!" I said and he shrugged. 
"Who said I am being fair?" He asked and I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"I knew it. I shouldn't have asked, in first place." I sighed and tilted my head to the side trying to avoid him. I was pissed but still reliefed that he was standing in front of me instead of this fatso.
"C'mon don't be sad cuz it's not working after your plan." He said and I scoffed not wanting to look at his face. Now it was clear to me. He didn't only look arrogant, he is arrogant.  

This arrogant boy kept on jabbering while I ignored him all the while until I arrived at the stop, leading to the mall.
"Excuse me..." I carefully pushed him off me and went out of the train. Finally! I sighed and walked out of the station building directly into the mall. 

My eyes sparkled at the sight of the beautiful decorated hall of the mall. Wow! No wonder that I love this season the most, I chuckled to myself and removed my coat because it was warm in there. I put my scarf and beanie in my bag as I took out my shopping list. 


Gift-List for Christmas:

Haru
Mum&Dad
Grandpa&Grandma
Headmaster
Ms. Park
Janitor
Aunt Hwang
Manager Joon
Ahjussi next door
Suzy


Oh gosh that's a lot. I sighed knowing this was only the half of the list. Shrugging I walked off to the first store. My parents were the easiest one of the list. Well, my mum was easy to fascinate and she loved nearly everything. I decided this time to go for a luxurious handbag. She just loves handbags and since we got the same taste, it was like a piece of cake. The shop assistant immediately noticed my presence at my favorite store. 
"Hi, can I help you?" She asked and I nodded. 
"Sure. I am searching for a fancy handbag. It should be for the age 40-50." I said and she smiled. "Okay then, please follow me." 

We walked further into t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter