CH25

The Best Friend Zone 2

(Chen)

 

7:30 PM

 

Where is Hani?? Why isn’t she here yet? The party has officially started and my friends Yonghwa, Jungshin, Jonghyun and Minhyuk are playing up front.

 

“are you okay honey?” Mom asked

 

“y-yeah… but… I was wondering where Hani is.” I replied with a sad smile

 

“well, why don’t you call her?” Dad said.

 

“I tried Dad but she won’t pick up.” I said sadly then looked at the 50+ missed calls I gave her.

 

“well, maybe she has some sort of surprise for you? You know how she is… she’s full of surprises.” Mom said. Is that it?? Hani’s got something special for me? is that why she asked what I wanted for my birthday earlier?

 

“y-yeah… I guess she is planning something.” I answered, my mood suddenly brightening. Yeah.. that’s just like Honeybee… to prepare a surprise for me.

 

“so just wait for her while enjoying your birthday okay?” Mom reminded and I gave a nod before running over to Baekhyun and the others.

 

--

 

“has anyone heard from Hani and Kyungsoo yet?” Chanyeol asked.

 

So wait… Kyungsoo and Hani are doing the surprise for me together? It bugs me but… only a little.

 

“not yet. I kept calling Soo but he won’t answer.” Kai said

 

“and I texted Hani like 30 minutes ago… where are they??” Luhan flailed

 

I started to wonder but my mother’s words replayed in my head. I shouldn’t worry, she’s probably really preparing a surprise.

 

“don’t worry guys. She said she’ll come.” I said with a smile on my face. I draped my arm over Yura’s shoulders. She looked at me and smiled, although her smile held anxiety.

 

“are you okay baby?” I asked

 

“y-yeah…” she said and looked back at the band playing.

 

“Yura.” I called her. I could tell she was hiding something. But what?? She’s been like this for the past weeks.

 

“it’s nothing…” she said and I sighed. I don’t wanna force her into saying so I’ll just leave it for now.

 

--

 

NOTHING.

 

It’s 9 in the evening and still no Hani… I was starting to feel very down… is she not coming?

 

“did you text her?” I asked Luhan for the nth time

 

“yes Jongdae. She’s not answering.” Luhan sighed

 

“where could she be?” I asked solemnly

 

I don’t want my birthday to end without her here…

 

I just want to see her. Or at least hear her voice or see her text. WHERE IS SHE!?!?

 

“I wonder where those two are? Did they go on a date?” Chanyeol asked and I felt my blood boil at that…

 

DID THEY?!?! THEY DECIDED TO DITCH MY BIRTHDAY FOR THAT!?!?!

 

“no way… that doesn’t sound like Hani or Soo… maybe something came up.” Kai said

 

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAVE COME UP???

 

--

 

Our rent for the Hard Rock Café is over. People are going home…

 

“I’m sorry hon.. but maybe something went wrong?” Mom said when she noticed the sad look on my face.

 

“y-yeah.. maybe.” I said softly. I wanted to release angry tears. I hoped Hani would have come. I wished she did have a surprise that’s why she was late… but nothing… she didn’t show up. And neither did Soo.

 

I have a feeling they’re together and it makes me very angry.

 

--

 

The next day, Hani didn’t go to school.

 

Now I’m really worried… WHERE IS SHE?? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN??

 

“hey hotshot. ” Kai greeted and I looked at him with a worried face.

 

“I know where your best friend is so relax.” Kai said and I jumped from my seat before grabbing his arms.

 

“WHERE IS SHE???” I asked

 

“WOAH RELAX MAN!! I got a call from Kyungsoo today, he can’t come to school since he’s sick so I guess he’s been sick since yesterday.” Kai said

 

Wait a minute… does this mean that Hani didn’t go yesterday because Kyungsoo is sick!?!? IS SHE SERIOUS!?! HOW CAN SHE DITCH MY BIRTHDAY FOR THAT!?!

 

“so yeah you can go to Kyungsoo’s. Hani’s probably there.” Kai gave me a small wave before walking to his seat.

 

MOON HANI YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN SOME THINGS.

 

--

 

I drove with haste to Kyungsoo’s apartment. I wanted to barge in there and ask if Hani was around but I controlled myself. I waited for her to come out and it would seem that luck is on my side…

 

Because after 30 minutes of waiting Hani and Kyungsoo went out.

 

Kyungsoo was wearing pajamas while Hani was in her casual clothes.  So she really was here!!! I held onto the door handle and was about to go out when I turned back to them and felt my heart shatter like glass…

 

Kyungsoo kissed Hani… on the lips… and it wasn’t a peck… it was a long, deep, loving kiss.

 

Hani was frozen at first but then I saw her smile at the kiss and leaned in closer.

 

!!! WHY AM I SEEING THIS!?!?

 

The grip on the door handle tightened and I saw my knuckles were turning white. I started to breathe heavily and through my mouth and then I felt something wet on my face…

 

I turned to the mirror… I was crying.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

Hi. This is Dr. Innocent, For brokenheart surgeries please contact the angels above. Thank You.